TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

First they said the drop on Behemoth was 85 degrees.

Who cares???

Just be glad they built you something good for a change, unlike the crap machines they usually construct up there.

Personally, I don't really care about the drop angle. I used that as another example on how the park gives the public MISLEADING information. But this is bad considering that ALL season passholders got this letter stating that ERT would be on Saturdays in May & June for Action Zone (where Behemoth is).

Personally, I don't really care about the drop angle. I used that as another example on how the park gives the public MISLEADING information. But this is bad considering that ALL season passholders got this letter stating that ERT would be on Saturdays in May & June for Action Zone (where Behemoth is).

Do you really think they intended to deceive about the ERT, knowing that they'd have to deal with a ton of guest complaints? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As for the drop angle, maybe that was part of one version of the specs, but got changed for some technical or budgetary reason. Did Cedar Point lie when they said Maverick was going to have a heartline roll?

^ I'm going to hope that you're being really sarcastic with that statement.

Canada's Wonderland didn't reach the top of the charts in terms of seasonal attendance by fluke. The park in general is very well run and takes great advantage of both the large population in Southern Ontario and the many corporate offices in the GTA.

Not to mention Canadians do a much better job of running a country than Americans.

I am a little confused. I will be at the park this Friday, and I am curious if there is going to be ERT for the platinum passholders for Behemoth at 9am.

Also, does anyone know why the park is only open til 5pm? I was planning on leaving by then anyway because it is a long drive back to Detroit. Thanks in advance.

The big problem with this ERT crap is that they didn't let anyone know that the ERT days have changed. They're not even on the official website!

Delurking on TPR,

Always enjoy the threads. But this one really gets me, as Canada's Wonderland seems not to care what they do with planned ERTs! I've been to the park expecting an ERT only to find the staff being total idiots. Very poor customer relations and even worse management, they seem not to give a crap at all. Complaints go in the waste basket.

Clewis4u is right, they treat their Pass holders like garbage.

I just saw this from a member on CWMania. This person stated that due to some technical difficulties, Behemoth is reaching top speeds of 130km/h (80mph). This person said that he asked the ride operator how things were going with the ride and that's what the op said. He also apparently stated that the trims are not working most of the time and the only one being used is the first trim (which is actually true). Also, apparently B&M reps will be flown in in the coming weeks to inspect the ride over faulty issues. I'm not saying this is true, but this is what I saw on CWMania. Don't shoot the messenger.

Today I finally managed to get in a couple rides during general park hours.

I must say I was pretty pleased with how it rode with full trains. Plenty of floater air which just wasn't there during some of the media day runs. (although that is to be expected with empty trains early in the season).

I still think the ride is a notch or two below some of the top coasters worldwide, but it's definetly shaping out to be a real quality ride.

I hit up Wonderland last Wednesday(going this Wed as well) to ride Behemoth. Mind you it was like 10 degrees out so it was very cold, but I found the ride to be very disappointing. I thought it had little to no forces the entire ride. It was probably because of the weather, so I will wait to give my final verdict.

It seemed to fall into the Hydra category of B&M intensity.

Anyone know why they're not letting people ride in the back car?

I hit up Wonderland last Wednesday(going this Wed as well) to ride Behemoth. Mind you it was like 10 degrees out so it was very cold, but I found the ride to be very disappointing. I thought it had little to no forces the entire ride. It was probably because of the weather, so I will wait to give my final verdict.

It seemed to fall into the Hydra category of B&M intensity.

Anyone know why they're not letting people ride in the back car?

Disappointed people - 1

Satisfied people - Everyone else

I don't know why they're not letting anyone in the back car but apparently B&M representatives will be visiting soon to see what's up. Perhaps you had a ride on the yellow train, or you sat in the front .

They let people sit in the back car when they're only running one train. The back train in all cars on SPPN was open. Sometimes they let them open, sometimes they don't. Not really sure why, but only the first trim is apparently working anyways.

I was at the park on friday for the first time and rode behemoth 4 times. 3 times in the very back and once in front. Some of the best airtime on a coaster I have experienced. Each hill pulls you from your seat for what seemed like 4 or 5 seconds. i could feel the trims pull a little but it doesn't affect the airtime at all. Not to mention some great forces through the hammerhead turn and helix. It is definitely in my top five. I love Nitro but Behemoth is better.

I don't know why they're not letting anyone in the back car but apparently B&M representatives will be visiting soon to see what's up. Perhaps you had a ride on the yellow train, or you sat in the front .

If there was such major problems with the ride it wouldn't be running. Going 5 km/h more then the spec is nothing major.

As coasterfreak2000 said, the back car was open today. The back car being closed was probably simply bugs with the restraints. It happens to all rides from time to time.

Word from park representatives is that the restraints aren't working in the back car on atleast 1 of the trains. If you see them running 1 or 2 train operation with the back car open, then it's the 3rd train that's not working correctly.

And Psyclone, don't worry, it was sarcasm.

I'm only passing along what I've heard, so don't shoot the messenger.

Sorry.

It would be better if they could just have an employee stand there and tell guests which trains they can go on. It would probably slightly decrease the wait times.

^ I've seen the same thing. I can only assume that when they do decide to use the 3rd train they shut down the last car on all trains just to save confusion.

I'm only passing along what I've heard, so don't shoot the messenger.

Well today they were running all three trains, and the back car was open. (on all trains from what I could tell)