TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Every year I go to wonderland and I am only really disappointed about the available schwag. This year I was determined to get a hat or shirt and there is just not much to choose from. I guess it's just not Wonderlands thing. Leviathan does have a shop at exit but it is not so great (such a great logo and such a poor selection), Yukon's shop had even fewer available choices (new coaster, I get it, but still). As for enhanced licence, easy process, show licence, scan licence, answer a couple questions , and enjoy Canada. Have fun, merchandise aside, this is a great park and FL+ is the best here for the top rides. as a CP regular this place is a walk on with it in comparison.

I noticed that about the merch too. Even before getting there, I had it in my mind that I wanted to get a nice Leviathan golf shirt (kind of like the Steel Vengeance and Gatekeeper ones CP usually has.) I couldn't find anything remotely wearable that was Leviathan themed, but they did have a few decent Yukon Striker things (makes sense.) Ended up snagging a New Era / Yukon Striker hat that says Canada's Wonderland on the side. If you didn't know any better it just looks like a sports team logo hat.

Here's the thing with FL+. Those who want to waste their money on FL+ are complaining that Guardian, The Fly, The Bat, Thunder Run are not on FL+. But the people who are really complaining are the people who do not use FL+. If these coasters were to be put on FL+, then the regular lines would be much shorter and that is why I will never buy a FL+ at my home park. It is just not necessary. Let the out-of-town visitors on more FL+ coasters and make the regular lines much shorter for the people who go to Wonderland every day. Makes sense?

Agree it doesn't make sense but FL+ is not needed if you are local even on busy days.

With smart time management you can easily knockoff the big rides each with less than a 30 minute wait.

It is only if you were there for a single day and wanted every credit (I would do B&M rerides versus credit whoring the clones) or really want a bunch of rerides would FL+ be worth it.

Ironically, the past few years I haven't even used my FL+ freebee because the park is so empty when they are offered, I would spend more time getting the pass than using it.

I thought the merch at CW was alright when I went. Picked up quite a cool Streetfighter-inspired Leviathan vs Behemoth t-shirt anyway That was about 3 years ago mind.

CW has some pretty great merchandise if you take the time to look for it. Since I’ve been visiting they’ve definitely stepped up their game. I agree Leviathan could use some refreshed merch but it’s WAY better than selection I’ve seen at other parks (SFDL and SFNE to be specific). Plus, throwing my two cents in a little bit more - I feel like the amount of merch Cedar Point has in all honesty has declined since they opened the rethemed Point Plaza. Before that place was full of cool shirts and what not, now they have maybe 5 or 6 designs total in there? Even the general store rework has slashed merch you can find down quite a bit.

My two go-to stores are currently Pagoda (always a good one) and the Steel Vengeance gift shop aka the Frontiertown Emporium. Speed Zone is a decent one too.

At CW, the Canada’s Wonderland Store, Yukon Striker’s Gift Shop (to an extent) and True North Gifts are the places to get the best merch. Behemoth’s gift shop used to be that way, but now it’s really nothing special.

Looks like our first visit and only day in the park is going to be very rainy we have another day in Ontario but I dare not try and switch our itinerary to go to the park tomorrow, as our passes and FL+ are dated for today. It's probably going to be dead and FL unnecessary anyway but but who knew two months ago. I hope I can get all my rides in between raindrops. The kicker is tomorrow shows 0% rain. Ugh going to make the best of it!

Looks like our first visit and only day in the park is going to be very rainy we have another day in Ontario but I dare not try and switch our itinerary to go to the park tomorrow, as our passes and FL+ are dated for today. It's probably going to be dead and FL unnecessary anyway but but who knew two months ago. I hope I can get all my rides in between raindrops. The kicker is tomorrow shows 0% rain. Ugh going to make the best of it!

Don't let the rain dampen your spirits! Some of the best days to visit Canada's Wonderland are on days with a bit of rain, like today! Most, if not all rides will be operational while its misting and/or drizzling. Just dress for the weather and enjoy! I look forward to seeing how it was at the park today.

^ I made the decision to skip Canada's Wonderland on a rainy Saturday back on Memorial Day weekend. I had been to the park in light rain with no issues, but this was a "weather alert" level rainstorm with thunder and hail. I was fearful they'd close early or not operate anything. That proved to be a mistake.

I went the next day when it was bright and sunny. All of Canada decided to visit.

Meanwhile coasterbill went on that miserable rainy day and had entire stations to himself. And they stayed open until 10 as scheduled.

The first half of the day was incredibly pissy wet and we got needled by rain on Behemoth. Bought ponchos, went to the car, put on dry clothes and it stopped raining! The rest of the day was FANTASTIC. We are back at our b&b now, having ridden every coaster twice or more (except Taxi Jam). I call it a success. My only complaint is that it stayed grey all day, so my photos are less than ideal but for a first go at CA, very satisfied. Leviathan is as good or better than Fury 325 and YS edges Valravn. Behemoth was my personal highlight, airtime machines do it for me. We saved our ponchos to bring to CP for Halloweekends.Cheers!

As somebody who will be going to CW in less than two weeks, and as we get closer, the forecast is now calling for possible showers and thunderstorms (after looking beautiful a week ago), I am glad to hear that even with it raining, you're still able to ride plenty of things, and have a good time. The FL+ benefit was mitigated, I'm sure, but in the end, the goal is to wait less, so however that is achieved is what's important. Here's hoping I have a similar day, with a threat of rain, but little actual rain, and low crowds as a result!

The first half of the day was incredibly pissy wet and we got needled by rain on Behemoth. Bought ponchos, went to the car, put on dry clothes and it stopped raining! The rest of the day was FANTASTIC. We are back at our b&b now, having ridden every coaster twice or more (except Taxi Jam). I call it a success. My only complaint is that it stayed grey all day, so my photos are less than ideal but for a first go at CA, very satisfied. Leviathan is as good or better than Fury 325 and YS edges Valravn. Behemoth was my personal highlight, airtime machines do it for me. We saved our ponchos to bring to CP for Halloweekends.Cheers!

It sounds like you had an amazing time after all! I do agree that Behemoth is an airtime machine! It's also good to hear that the ponchos will come in use for your future visit to Cedar Point. Thanks for the update on your visit to Canada's Wonderland!

Yeah Behemoth is the best of the Cedar Fair hypers by far.

I took my kids tot he kid's section of the park yesterday, and learned a big lesson. Parents are the worst, and most obvious line jumpers... ever. One parent and kids will be on a ride while the other parent will line up for another ride and as soon as the kids get off that ride they push through a queue of 30 kids or so and hop on the next ride. One kid with his dad got off Peanuts 500 and the kid's mother was in line with their other kid and was going to get in on the next change. The dad literally pushed through everyone and handed the child to the mom to go on. I must say, though, the ride attendant recognized the kid and refused to allow her to ride again. The mother argued and argues but ultimately relented. Then they tried again 10 mins later. Not sure if they were successful.

Anyone else notice this problem with parents? Sorry if it seems like griping, it just happened so much yesterday I was frustrated because I make my kids follow the rules.

I took my kids tot he kid's section of the park yesterday, and learned a big lesson. Parents are the worst, and most obvious line jumpers... ever. One parent and kids will be on a ride while the other parent will line up for another ride and as soon as the kids get off that ride they push through a queue of 30 kids or so and hop on the next ride. One kid with his dad got off Peanuts 500 and the kid's mother was in line with their other kid and was going to get in on the next change. The dad literally pushed through everyone and handed the child to the mom to go on. I must say, though, the ride attendant recognized the kid and refused to allow her to ride again. The mother argued and argues but ultimately relented. Then they tried again 10 mins later. Not sure if they were successful.

Anyone else notice this problem with parents? Sorry if it seems like griping, it just happened so much yesterday I was frustrated because I make my kids follow the rules.

Line jumping in any way is NOT permitted at Canada's Wonderland.

If you see a kid or adult line jumping, then let the ride attendant know before they get on.

They should at least make them wait a few cycles but they should really kick them out

of the line completely. This goes on hundreds of times every day at Wonderland. There

seems to be no enforcement unless you say something to the operator. Just don't confront

the offender. That will only make the situation worse. You are NOT griping.

It has been awhile since I have commented on things that should be easy to fix. I am not complaining, just commenting.

The Chicken Shack food stand did not have any Coke syrup only plain water came out of the dispenser. I was told to walk over to the Coke booth by the arcade. I shouldn't have to walk around looking for some Coke. The Backlot Café charges $16.50 for a box of pasta and a garlic bread. At the pasta counter, there is a sign the says, start line here. I stood there along with another gentlemen for 10 minutes with no one serving us. On the other side of the counter another line had formed and the server was taking orders from the pick up area. I commented to the manager and I got an extra slice of garlic bread. The prices are crazy in the Backlot Café but if people are willing to empty their wallets then at least put the pasta on a paper plate not in a box for $16.50. One more comment for today. The Coke dispensers in Backlot Café are no longer turned on as people were refilling their own drinking vessels without paying so now you can't refill your $32.99 drink bottle in Backlot Café. By the way, you can get free lunch at Backlot Café. Just get your food and walk to the right. There is no cash register on that side of the restaurant. I saw an entire family walk through without paying anything and no one said anything. Just a comment if you want to save some money.

As usual, there was no ketchup at Chicken Shack.

By the way, you can get free lunch at Backlot Café. Just get your food and walk to the right. There is no cash register on that side of the restaurant. I saw an entire family walk through without paying anything and no one said anything. Just a comment if you want to save some money.

Regardless of how expensive food is at the park, you should never recommend anyone to do this. If it becomes a common occurrence, people do get caught after repeat performances as there are security cameras in every store and restaurant at the park. I just don't think promoting theft/shoplifting online is something you should (or want) to be doing.

It has been awhile since I have commented on things that should be easy to fix. I am not complaining, just commenting.

The Chicken Shack food stand did not have any Coke syrup only plain water came out of the dispenser. I was told to walk over to the Coke booth by the arcade. I shouldn't have to walk around looking for some Coke.

I walked 30-45 minutes around the park to find the green 2019 cup I bought online already to save money, when none of the restaurants/stands had them. :/ Finally found them at Pizza Pizza bringing boxes upon boxes of them out near the register.

Either way, if you don't drink from the freestyle machines, the pop tastes flat.

By the way, you can get free lunch at Backlot Café. Just get your food and walk to the right. There is no cash register on that side of the restaurant. I saw an entire family walk through without paying anything and no one said anything. Just a comment if you want to save some money.

Regardless of how expensive food is at the park, you should never recommend anyone to do this. If it becomes a common occurrence, people do get caught after repeat performances as there are security cameras in every store and restaurant at the park. I just don't think promoting theft/shoplifting online is something you should (or want) to be doing.

You must be an honest person like me. But if you were sitting at the table with me on Sunday watching everyone just walk out without paying while I am trying to enjoy my $16.49 pasta in a box, then you too would be commenting like I am right now. I am certainly not promoting it, I am making a comment. Hopefully Wonderland park directors will see this and do something. My family couldn't refill their $32.99 bottles so we had to try to eat again at Chicken Shack where there was no Coke and no ketchup, but the ketchup issue has been going on now for a few years. They just don't keep the bottles filled.