TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^There seems to be no point in keeping valvrayn's record since we all know it's not as good as expected. If you predict that it will have the same drop but be shorter that would mean one hell of an abrupt brake run to slow it down. Based off the information we know about where the brake run is, it is almost certain it will be longer than valvrayn.

When it comes to the name Ziz, the teaser shows a picture of an eagle not of a mythical creature.

There is a lot of theiming for this ride which fits the best as a gold mine theme. This area of the park is dedicated to Canadian history so it would make no sense to use ziz as a name.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Go to CW site.  Click to buy something like a season pass.  You'll see it in the popup transaction window.  Under 2021 Season Pass -> 2021 Add Ons.  

Can confirm, CF doesn't care which park you go to first with your paper voucher for a Platinum Pass.  You'll get your photo taken and be issued a card that has whatever park you go to first on the bac

Posted Images

When it comes to the name Ziz, the teaser shows a picture of an eagle not of a mythical creature.

There is a lot of theiming for this ride which fits the best as a gold mine theme. This area of the park is dedicated to Canadian history so it would make no sense to use ziz as a name.

In all fairness, an Eagle wouldn’t make any sense either if that area really is dedicated to things that are obviously Canada. Finishing off the third massive coaster as the third mythical beast makes more sense, even if it is kinda strange. Ziz resembles a griffin, which itself resembles part eagle. Hopefully that’s not the case, but seems that way.

I’m all in for a mining theme though.

A Ziz is often depicted as Griffin-like or simply a giant Eagle. Both of these have have the head of an Eagle, just like that poster.

IMG_2736.JPG

Griffin.png

roc.jpg

Lines up to me...

Also, eagles definitely existed in the Yukon mining territory and all over Canada, even today. I'd say North America will be 4/4 with flying mythical creature themed B&M Dive Coasters.

Maybe it'll just be called Giant Eagle instead of Golden Eagle lol

Ziz is such a terrible name that I actually do think it would be an improvement to name the new ride after a grocery store.

Honestly, the bird is probably just for the teaser. It makes no sense why there would be a mythological bird as the theme of the ride. If you think of the rides and the area around it as a whole, it just doesn't make any sense at all to call it Ziz.

Honestly, the bird is probably just for the teaser. It makes no sense why there would be a mythological bird as the theme of the ride. If you think of the rides and the area around it as a whole, it just doesn't make any sense at all to call it Ziz.

And Intimidator 305 is in an African themed section of a park

Drop Tower: Scream Zone, Speed City Raceway and Leviathan sit in the Medieval Faire area at CW. Some parks don't have rides fit a theme 100% (though Cedar Fair has been drifting that way and I am a fan of it). Sometimes its just where the room is!

Lots can fit into the theme of an area named "International Festival".

Not saying it'll for sure be "Ziz", but it is entirely possible. The fact that all the Dive Machines in North America have been named after flying creatures and that Ziz completes the trifecta of mythological creatures, its possible! The name (if it is ever used by CW) could always be used for another coaster/ride as well.

I'm all for a mining themed Dive Coaster, but I have a feeling it'll be named after a creature.

^With the other teasing that they did, and with all the new scenery. It is almost certain this will be themed to something related to Canadian history. The park already starting to theme other rides to this area such as vortex with the new wooden style trains. CW is starting to focus more and more on theming so it would be a shock if this new ride was unrelated.

Ontop of that, there has already been a coaster called Ziz https://www.coneyislandhistory.org/collection/page-35-feltmans-ziz.

Canadas wonderland just sent this email out:

Canada's Wonderland will be announcing its big 2019 news on Wednesday, August 15 at canadaswonderland.com. To mark the occasion, Season Passholders will get an exclusive Early Ride Time from 9am - 10am on Vortex, Windseeker, and Mighty Canadian Minebuster. As a special bonus, Passholders will have the first chance at a sneak peek behind our construction fence to see what we've been working on.

I am headed to the park tomorrow for the first time (hurray first international theme park!) and was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for the park. I just like having a plan of attack, and the people here know best! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I am headed to the park tomorrow for the first time (hurray first international theme park!) and was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for the park. I just like having a plan of attack, and the people here know best! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I like to go on the low capacity coasters first (bat, fly, stunt track), then the two biggies (behemoth and leviathan), then just go around in a circle. I realize my plan means bouncing around the park a bit at the beginning but you save so much queueing time I find it is worth it.

Normally I hit up WonderMountains Guardian first if it's open, just as the line used to get pretty long and steady through the day (I know some don't like it but it's a unique and fin way to start the day) . After that Start on Bahemoth and start a circle from there as most people start on the opposite side at Leviathan now. I don't recommend riding time warp or flight deck right away if you don't want a headache for the full day ^_^.

Foodwise I always go the the Markertplace Buffet for lunch/Dinner as it's all you can eat if I stay in the park.

Still waiting on "the ledge"...

https://www.trademarkia.com/the-ledge-87431876.html

Just sayin'. I know just because it's trademarked doesn't mean it will ever be used, but...

I think that trademark might only be filed in the US, not Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong

Canada's trademarks can be searched here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/home (search for "Canada's Wonderland")

I agree about low capacity rides first. Thunder run is a Zierer powered coaster built into the mountain. be sure to look for the dragon in the middle. The fly is a fun wild mouse coaster that gets crowded due to low capacity. The ghoster coaster is a kids wooden coaster but fun. I think it is a clone of the one at kings dominion.

Make sure to ride vortexx in the back, it is a really nice ride, and one of the best of the arrow suspended coaster style. At the back you get pulled through the hills and helixes. It is also a clone of the one at kings island but set onto the mountain and with helixes over the river. You can see the tunnel for the new coaster in the middle.

I have come to like Behemoth better than Leviathan, I like riding in the back of the bus to get pulled over the airtime hills. I have also found that the 4th car back second row gives you a nice floater air over every hill. The magic seat. Leviathan also nice but has sneaky hidden lineup behind which can be long. (it is well shaded though). Lately i have enjoyed this at twilight, maybe 8:30-9:30pm. It is an awesome experience.

Some of the nice flats don't tend to have too much lineup: Klockwerks is a huss swing around, Orbiter, one of the last Huss Giant enterprises, Sledge Hammer is very rare, maybe only 2 in the world? the Gerstlauer flying ride is fun and not very common too.

Wonder mountain guardian has it's entire lineup inside the mountain so you cannot tell how crowded it is. You can go in the hottest part of the day to get out of the sun. It is Ok and unique but not something i go on very often.

The older coasters tend to draw less lines: Dragon fyre (arrow looper) is fun. Wooden coasters: Wilde Beast and Minebuster are not bad and have had some new track in the last years though still a bit rough especially minebuster. For some reason the Bat (Vekoma boomerang) tends to be busy. it is not bad if not too much of a line.

They can't seem to get all of the wheels to touch the track at the same time on the SLC headbanger Flight Deck.

I don't tend to ever eat in the park and sometimes walk across the parking lot to the wing place.

have fun.

Sledgehammer I think is the only one of its kind in the world. If it's operating jump on it while you have the chance. There is a fair chance by the time you come around it again it'll be down for maintenance or something. I personally like the front seat of Vortex because of the sheer speed of the ride and the feeling of being "propelled".

I agree about low capacity rides first. Thunder run is a Zierer powered coaster built into the mountain. be sure to look for the dragon in the middle. The fly is a fun wild mouse coaster that gets crowded due to low capacity. The ghoster coaster is a kids wooden coaster but fun. I think it is a clone of the one at kings dominion.

Make sure to ride vortexx in the back, it is a really nice ride, and one of the best of the arrow suspended coaster style. At the back you get pulled through the hills and helixes. It is also a clone of the one at kings island but set onto the mountain and with helixes over the river. You can see the tunnel for the new coaster in the middle.

I have come to like Behemoth better than Leviathan, I like riding in the back of the bus to get pulled over the airtime hills. I have also found that the 4th car back second row gives you a nice floater air over every hill. The magic seat. Leviathan also nice but has sneaky hidden lineup behind which can be long. (it is well shaded though). Lately i have enjoyed this at twilight, maybe 8:30-9:30pm. It is an awesome experience.

Some of the nice flats don't tend to have too much lineup: Klockwerks is a huss swing around, Orbiter, one of the last Huss Giant enterprises, Sledge Hammer is very rare, maybe only 2 in the world? the Gerstlauer flying ride is fun and not very common too.

Wonder mountain guardian has it's entire lineup inside the mountain so you cannot tell how crowded it is. You can go in the hottest part of the day to get out of the sun. It is Ok and unique but not something i go on very often.

The older coasters tend to draw less lines: Dragon fyre (arrow looper) is fun. Wooden coasters: Wilde Beast and Minebuster are not bad and have had some new track in the last years though still a bit rough especially minebuster. For some reason the Bat (Vekoma boomerang) tends to be busy. it is not bad if not too much of a line.

They can't seem to get all of the wheels to touch the track at the same time on the SLC headbanger Flight Deck.

I don't tend to ever eat in the park and sometimes walk across the parking lot to the wing place.

have fun.

If you get on Thunder Run (Mack Rides Powered Coaster in Wonder Mountain), The Bat, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, and The Fly after opening time during your visit you should be fine. But other than those roller coasters, most rides and roller coasters at Canada's Wonderland have a high capacity.

Sledgehammer I think is the only one of its kind in the world. If it's operating jump on it while you have the chance. There is a fair chance by the time you come around it again it'll be down for maintenance or something. I personally like the front seat of Vortex because of the sheer speed of the ride and the feeling of being "propelled".

SledgeHammer is the only HUSS Jump 2 in the World. It has had steadier operation since its major overhaul done a few years ago. If it does go down during the day, it is usually back up and operating shortly thereafter.

Canada's Wonderland will be announcing its big 2019 news on Wednesday, August 15 at canadaswonderland.com. To mark the occasion, Season Passholders will get an exclusive Early Ride Time from 9am - 10am on Vortex, Windseeker, and Mighty Canadian Minebuster. As a special bonus, Passholders will have the first chance at a sneak peek behind our construction fence to see what we've been working on.

cool, i might try to skip the morning of work and go. I didn't get the email (story of my life) and i looked on the season passholders portal and there is no mention of it. i also noticed that they have bring a friend tickets again which had been reduced to selected days, mothers day and fathers day, but it appears to be all season again? wow, wish i knew earlier.

Anybody else want to go and see them unveil the new coaster (hopefully not known as ZIz)? I have glasses and a green hat.

cool, i might try to skip the morning of work and go. I didn't get the email (story of my life) and i looked on the season passholders portal and there is no mention of it. i also noticed that they have bring a friend tickets again which had been reduced to selected days, mothers day and fathers day, but it appears to be all season again? wow, wish i knew earlier.

Anybody else want to go and see them unveil the new coaster (hopefully not known as ZIz)? I have glasses and a green hat.

I plan on going. See you there? As far as I know bring a friend tickets have been there all season but sometimes they had promotions for reduced price tickets. I also find that when I check my settings the box that's supposed to be checkmarked so I get updates is often unchecked even though I know I did select it.