TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

The lists for 2016 Special Events and Live Entertainment have been released today! There are quite a few new events and shows along with the timeless classics that have been entertaining visitors for years! Below are a few new events and shows that will be taking place at the park this year.

Peking-img_SM.jpg BrewBBQ_icon.jpg TasteofGreece_icon.jpg Bacon_icon.jpg

Photo Credits: Canada's Wonderland

Ladies and gentleman, Skyhawk has arrived! Below is a photo of Skyhawk in the parking lot near Behemoth. It won't be too long now until it's up and testing!

[attachment=0]Skyhawk.jpg[/attachment]

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland's Facebook post

WOW, anyone else notice all the construction trailers in the back there... Wonder how many projects are being worked on right now.

^ I was wondering if it would be pea-meal, Canadian, American bacon or all of the above??

But then again, who cares....it's BACON!

May just have to check this out this year.

Edit: I see that this is on Canada Day weekend so I assume that the crowds will probably be the most ridiculous of the year at the park...so on that note, maybe not.

Ladies and gentleman, Skyhawk has arrived! Below is a photo of Skyhawk in the parking lot near Behemoth. It won't be too long now until it's up and testing!

[attachment=0]Skyhawk.jpg[/attachment]

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland's Facebook post

WOW, anyone else notice all the construction trailers in the back there... Wonder how many projects are being worked on right now.

Ziz 2017 Confirmed?

Dayum! Looks sweet. Can't wait until it opens! That part of the park is gonna look tall though. With Slingshot and Windseeker, and now Skyhawk. Maybe they will theme that small area to the stratosphere or something. Something to do with the sky since everything there is so tall. Maybe call it Skyzone, or StratoZone, something of that nature.

While I was looking at Canada's Wonderland's Opening Day Specials page, I came across some other things that will be new for 2016. First off, a new game is coming to Medieval Faire by the name of Ye Soccer Tournament. I assume it'll be similar to the soccer game that is in Action Zone located near Crystal Arcade except with a Medieval theme. Does anyone have any ideas as to where this new game will be located within Medieval Faire or what it will be replacing? Also, there will be a new food creation coming to the park this year which is a Funnelwich. It's like the park's famous cookiewich that are sold at Cookie cafe, except with funnel cakes. The Funnelwich will only be available at the Medieval Faire funnel cake shop located right beside the Fun Shoppe.

The Funnelwich:

funnelwich_icon.jpg

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland

Looks great! I'd love to see more of these pop up at Cedar Fair parks. This ride would fit perfectly in Windseeker's spot at Knott's.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the capacities on these things atrocious?

Yes, the capacity for the Gerstlauer Sky Roller is only 24 passengers per ride. I find this a problem especially when Canada's Wonderland decided to add Fastlane to Skyhawk. The only time you're really going to be able to ride it without waiting a long time is on days when the weather is inclement, during weekdays in May through June, or later in the day. Despite all the potential capacity problems, I'm still very excited to ride Skyhawk!

Looks great! I'd love to see more of these pop up at Cedar Fair parks. This ride would fit perfectly in Windseeker's spot at Knott's.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the capacities on these things atrocious?

Yes, the capacity for the Gerstlauer Sky Roller is only 24 passengers per ride. I find this a problem especially when Canada's Wonderland decided to add Fastlane to Skyhawk. The only time you're really going to be able to ride it without waiting a long time is on days when the weather is inclement, during weekdays in May through June, or later in the day. Despite all the potential capacity problems, I'm still very excited to ride Skyhawk!

Ah, I see. Either way, it's nice to see Cedar Fair add flats to their parks, and Canada's Wonderland already had a superb flat ride collection to begin with.

Interesting that they would install a "low capacity" ride for a park with the attendance figures that CW has. Do you have any idea what the timing cycles will be like to start with?.

Personally I think adding "Fastlane" to it is quite a clever touch as if it is someone's MUST do ride for the summer, yet you can't wait 1 hour for a flat ride, you would probably pay the extra.

In fact I just checked and they have put it as Fast Lane Plus! Probably worth it in peak summer, Leviathan, Behemoth and Skyhawk would be pretty mobbed!

Unrelated question to Fastlane....do you know why they didn't include "Guardian" as a Fastlane ride?

Thanks for the picture updates. Looking forward to seeing the finished ride.

All done and super small in that part of the park. It's about the same height of Dragon Fires lift.

There are about 8-10 construction trailers that have looked to appear last week and now this week are in use. It's a lot of construction trailers so I'm not sure let the 2017 season speculation begin

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

10405407_10156600657105447_649065233190908545_n.jpg.3b82714c87aab59d3905eb5b31356402.jpg

Up close

1511240_10156600657165447_3027447919025012764_n.jpg.d1ba3ed10f74feb003ea6b4a9bb84b7b.jpg

perspective shot

10369000_10153573550378924_3212993866643296005_o.thumb.jpg.37a7c173b5c593402fd74a61699233bd.jpg

construction trailers arriving and not used yet Credit: Canada's Wonderland Facebook post from March 11th

1609685_10156600657055447_4842846653454222634_n.jpg.3b1fc77849063aa4ed86ac987a2d4344.jpg

construction trailers of today March 22, 2016 in use and more scattered. doors open and lights on lol.

943850_10156601136160447_1321507062476837561_n.thumb.jpg.c20ca089c80993cf52b8d2afa9e49795.jpg

Edited by CedarFair1