TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

NEW FOR 2016: FLYING EAGLES & SKYHAWK!

Vaughan, ON (August 20, 2015) – Canada’s Wonderland is taking guests to new heights for 2016 with the addition of two new rides that will capture the imagination of both families, and thrill-seekers, as they take flight in an interactive flying experience.

Skyhawk, the first ride of its kind in North America, will take riders to a new level of adventure when the park opens for its 35th season in 2016. Riders will take control of their own cockpit, showcasing their flying abilities as they maneuver through 360 degree turns, and challenge themselves to engage in multiple inversions at 135 feet (41m) in the air.

Flying Eagles will thrill little pilots and quickly become a family favourite for parents and children alike. These two-person planes will glide 28 feet (8.5m) above the ground and allow each rider to control their flight and ride experience.

“We are always looking to enhance the guest experience with new and exciting attractions. With the introduction of Skyhawk and Flying Eagles, thrill-seekers of all ages will enjoy the flying sensation on these interactive rides that are truly unique to our Park.” Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager, Canada’s Wonderland.

To coincide with the new ride announcement, Canada’s Wonderland will simultaneously launch a limited time offer on 2016 Season Passes that are priced at only $67.99. Each pass will include a free visit for new Passholders or a free Fast Lane PLUS for renewing Passholders – both valid for the remainder of the 2015 season.

2016Product_HomepageBanner4_logo1.jpg.96a1d61befbe0e06ddd10c26b5c46c4b.jpg

2016Product_HomepageBanner51.jpg.652f992b84ce1b0b8c15db81f4bf200c.jpg

1035829559_CWflyingeagles_logo_250.png.3cfd8b7128b54b15c9720fe1e098bd89.png

1628490462_SkyhawkLogo_250(1).png.6e7cf4d30af1b99d9535bda62228d049.png

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Screamscape was reporting that Skyhawk ride was going to multiple Six Flags parks this years. I guess he was partly correct. Both are excellent additions. Cedar Fair is doing a great job with additions this year.

I don't know much about these rides, is Skyhawk basically a Zamperla Air Race meets WindSeeker?

Reminds me of a updated version of the old Sky Pilot rides that were located at Kings Island and Kings Dominion.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that is the same style of ride as the Ninja Turtles Shell Shock ride at Mall of America

They are similar. Ninja Turtles is a Gerstalauer Sky Fly, and Skyhawk is a Gerstalauer Sky Roller.

Sky Roller stays level:

Sky Fly tilts:

If I hear weeeees coming out of Robb Alvey then I know this is going to be a great ride, especially with the added height and being on top of a hill!

Location confirmed across from Windseeker next to Slingshot!

1407269039_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.dba989c584d1f7f6595b06dc9b975441.png

located on the hill across from Windseeker and beside Slingshot.

If I hear weeeees coming out of Robb Alvey then I know this is going to be a great ride, especially with the added height and being on top of a hill!

Ah yes, the classic "Alvey Accelerometer", a very good way to judge a ride!

Coasterjunkie1975 wakes up,looks at Canada'a Wonderlands new rides,scratches himself and then goes back to sleep to dream about going to Dollywood to ride Lightening Rod.

spoiled much, can't wait till 2017?

yup me too. i still need to make a road trip to knoebels next year anyway. Might aim for hershey and kennywood while i am at it.

Are they going to do anything like fix the rest of wilde beast, or fix the minebuster which is going from YORO (you only ride once) to DERO (don't even ride once)

just like the leafs, Ya gotta believe ...

Coasterjunkie1975 wakes up,looks at Canada'a Wonderlands new rides,scratches himself and then goes back to sleep to dream about going to Dollywood to ride Lightening Rod.

spoiled much, can't wait till 2017?

yup me too. i still need to make a road trip to knoebels next year anyway. Might aim for hershey and kennywood while i am at it.

Are they going to do anything like fix the rest of wilde beast, or fix the minebuster which is going from YORO (you only ride once) to DERO (don't even ride once)

just like the leafs, Ya gotta believe ...

With three off years in a row in regards to significant additions I might just take the year off from Wonderland next year.

- Guardian.....shootem up ride with outdated graphics and is already seemingly falling apart

- This year we got a used Water Slide and a used splash pad complex.

-Next year we get a flat ride almost every other park has and another flat which will probably good fun but won't be worth the inevitable 1 and half to 2 hour wait.

-our 2017 coaster will probably get "stolen" by Kings Island or Kings Dominion and if it isn'nt I am sure an extra years wait will not be worth it for a Wingrider lol

The best addition we have received since Leviathan was an upcharge ride in Slingshot.