TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Like I said on CWMania, I really don't get why they did all this work (including removing skyrider & stating something would take its place), just to suddenly stop construction.

I get that gatekeeper didn't start construction (or at least go vertical) until September, but still... Why do all this work and essentially leave the site unfinished?

Do the construction crews have some kind of week off/holiday?

Like I said on CWMania, I really don't get why they did all this work (including removing skyrider & stating something would take its place), just to suddenly stop construction.

I get that gatekeeper didn't start construction (or at least go vertical) until September, but still... Why do all this work and essentially leave the site unfinished?

Do the construction crews have some kind of week off/holiday?

Nope Construction probably won't start till September if it's 2016 and if not 2016 then May 2016 for 2017 coaster launch.

After hearing about the teasers going on at CP for their supposed new coaster, even more confused as to what's going on! Obviously CP is getting something big next year, but where does that leave CW? Still perplexed as to why they'd do all that work by minebuster and remove skyrider in such a hurry if we aren't getting anything new for at least a year.

^A big new ride at CP? They just got one in 2013.

7000 post in this thread!

They are getting a massive new coaster in 2016 they have a coaster countdown on their construction fence. They let alone have a construction fence, we don't.

Also view it this way;

Hotel Breakers approx 700 rooms currently fully booked every weekend and most weekdays= $245, 000 USD daily on that one hotel now add all their other hotels incomes daily to that and this is why Cedar Point is getting some love now. I'd expect to see a lot of love heading their way continously.

^I get that the hotels are making CP more than enough cash to pay for another major coaster, but somebody else made a good point on CWMania. CP's "construction fence" has absolutely no signs of construction behind it (apparently there's newly planted grass there). At least we've seen construction equipment show up on site, and the flattening of the land around skyrider's old spot.

They are getting a massive new coaster in 2016 they have a coaster countdown on their construction fence. They let alone have a construction fence, we don't.

Also view it this way;

Hotel Breakers approx 700 rooms currently fully booked every weekend and most weekdays= $245, 000 USD daily on that one hotel now add all their other hotels incomes daily to that and this is why Cedar Point is getting some love now. I'd expect to see a lot of love heading their way continously.

If they keep building at this rate, they will run out of room to build anything else.

If only CW had hotels...

I wonder how much room they will have left at Canada's Wonderland if they get a new coaster soon.

^I get that the hotels are making CP more than enough cash to pay for another major coaster, but somebody else made a good point on CWMania. CP's "construction fence" has absolutely no signs of construction behind it (apparently there's newly planted grass there). At least we've seen construction equipment show up on site, and the flattening of the land around skyrider's old spot.

Again, they have an announcement date, teasers, trademarked name, construction fence. Dive Coasters are very simple to build as they are very minimal in length. Cedar Point is getting a major coaster in 2016 a news site even leaked that it's a Dive Coaster. All construction veichles are gone, they were from a landscape company not a construction company. The companies name is all over the white and blue flags

Also view it this way;

If they keep building at this rate, they will run out of room to build anything else.

If only CW had hotels...

I wonder how much room they will have left at Canada's Wonderland if they get a new coaster soon.

Wonderland still has lots of room....including Wonder Mountain (WMG takes up little space in the mountain)

The best view for the fireworks has always been the hill by Vortex, however if you want the full experience, and an easy exit, I would suggest by the front gate. They do launch fireworks off the top of the mountain.

Here's a video I shot in 2012 of the Victoria Day fireworks from the area I am talking about. Forgive the shakiness as it was on my old camera.

Thanks for the help! I'll try to claim a spot on the hill nice and early.

The best view for the fireworks has always been the hill by Vortex, however if you want the full experience, and an easy exit, I would suggest by the front gate. They do launch fireworks off the top of the mountain.

Here's a video I shot in 2012 of the Victoria Day fireworks from the area I am talking about. Forgive the shakiness as it was on my old camera.

I'm heading to a guitar festival this weekend and just realized that my hotel is only 40 minutes from Canada's Wonderland I've never been to the park and plan on visiting this Monday (day after Father's day). I'll probably only stay until 8:00 pm as I'll be driving back home that night, so I was wondering if it's worthwhile to purchase a fast-lane pass. I don't need 10 rides on Leviathan or Behemoth but I'd rather not wait more than an hour for the rides... Thanks!

I'm heading to a guitar festival this weekend and just realized that my hotel is only 40 minutes from Canada's Wonderland I've never been to the park and plan on visiting this Monday (day after Father's day). I'll probably only stay until 8:00 pm as I'll be driving back home that night, so I was wondering if it's worthwhile to purchase a fast-lane pass. I don't need 10 rides on Leviathan or Behemoth but I'd rather not wait more than an hour for the rides... Thanks!

With school exams officially starting last Friday and most of them done, I forsee the park starting to pick up. Still hard to call, I'd decide when you get there if you should purchase one.

^Not all schools are done yet. There are bunch of schools that will be finishing Tuesday/Wednesday

On that note, the park won't be busy but not empty. Will you need fast lane....probably note. But make the call when you get there. (If you get to the park at rope drop, you should be fine)

First trip of the season to the park yesterday morning with my son (7 years old now). He is still on 48 inches high..so no Behemoth or Leviathan for him yet (and he is autistic so there will be a LOT of training to work him up to those). Managed to get Vortex, Minebuster and Stunt Coaster done before the park got mobbed. It adds an interesting slant to the roller coaster pastime when your child is autistic and we are trying to coax him through anxieties and reassure others that he is OK. A topic that i am sure has been discussed on TPR....I will have to search for it methinks. anyway,I thought the new bits of the water park look really nice, and we are looking forward to trying out the new funnel slide.

I don't have much to add yet on the construction site and the site where Skyrider was. I am guessing like many other people. There will definitely be something put there though...as it looks pretty bleak right now, and Wonderland is not known for being an unpicturesque park!

I was surprised though (as I mentioned earlier) that they have NOT added anything the Wonder mountains "Guardian". When the park gets busy, the line just files out the mountain, no ropes, no line system or anything. Rather disorganised in my opinion, and surprising as when the ride opened last year the general talk was how much extra theming CW/CF could do in this area. I said before that a shop might be a good idea on exit....more opportunity for merchandise sales. Not sure why this remains so underdeveloped (particularly the line up!).

I just got back from a 1/2 day at the park. I hadn't planned on going today, but a 9am meeting in Vaughan got cancelled after I had already arrived. I suddenly had the entire morning free, a coaster skyline in my rearview mirror and a Platinum Pass burning a rectangular (with circular edged) hole in my wallet. Yay me.

In just over 3 hours I managed to ride Leviathan (x 2), Behemoth (x2), Psyclone, Sledge Hammer, Backlot, Windseeker, Vortex, Shockwave, and Drop Tower. I also ate an entire HUGE box of BBQ flavoured popcorn for breakfast. Pretty good for a day during which the expected highlight was to have been a dreadfully boring 4 hour presentation.

I also took one photo.

IMG_6227.thumb.JPG.9791e15f1ec65223cfb3cbef6335a5a9.JPG

The singular photo that was taken.