TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Random question because I was thinking about it...did anyone see the Halloween themed version of Dimensions during Haunt?

I did. I was able to get footage of the entire show as well. It was good.

Some of the acts from Dimensions came back for example the Lazer Man, The swinging Bar guys, and I believe some of the tumblers. The bike act came back from Ambiente with a modified routine that included audience participation well.

It was a pretty good show.

So here are some photos that I took from a park trip on Nov 1 (last day of the season). I also spotted some grey supports of various sizes in the waterpark consistent with the new (old) slide from Ontario Place - no construction yet there though

Sorry about the bad quality on some of the pictures. Also a note on the markers - is there any way it could be just maintenance stuff? Maybe everyone is over thinking a new water main

photo(1).thumb.JPG.1f93c9795f8a2828dcf2c607471f2a99.JPG

Marker from the clearing around Vortex

photo(3).thumb.JPG.067f4ed45a7a383ba907494a40cee7f6.JPG

Other marker nearby

photo(5).thumb.JPG.137d73b57eb6a9b8febccefcf08a88b2.JPG

As you can (sort of) see, no work has been done on the area for the waterslide - just some flags/markers

photo.thumb.JPG.477c09e0edfc6c13b2e4c97236c94b76.JPG

Close up of the first marker

photo(6).thumb.JPG.7fb9dba8ff8d82d6cd672fe278a9f3b3.JPG

I don't think anybody has posted these before...three new markers near Minebuster between Skyrider and the Waterpark

I do not think that the new coaster will go by the river because it would ruin the appearance. Those markers could also be for maintenance, but I am still waiting for them to announce the new coaster(possibly next August).

I do not think that the new coaster will go by the river because it would ruin the appearance. Those markers could also be for maintenance, but I am still waiting for them to announce the new coaster(possibly next August).

Could be.....but I'm thinking otherwise.....the fact that the markers have "C21", "C20", etc, are suspicious to me (aka Levi's markers)

^

I hope not!

Wait....you don't want it to be a coaster???

No, of course I want it to be a coaster, I just do not want the coaster to go by the lake because it would ruin the appearance. But I would still be okay with it going by the lake, just not my preference. I still cannot wait till they announce the new coaster!

It would ruin the appearance of the lake because there would be track all around that area.

it would be the lake's fault for setting itself up in a coaster park anyways.

At least a lake gives a park some good scenery!

I know this is a bit out of the blue, but has anyone ever considered dueling roller coasters for Canada's Wonderland?

I was always imagining that they could get a dueling coaster were one track has inverted trains and the other one would have flying trains. But that would cost way too much just like mightypotato said, so I do not think they will invest in one even though it would be awesome. Right now I really want a diving coaster if it had to be B&M. I want one because diving coasters have really cool seating and the vertigo drops are awesome, but then again most of the diving coasters are pretty short so it would not be that fun with a short ride.

I'm starting to plan my coaster excursions for next year, and I'm thinking of going to Wonderland on July 3rd as I'll have that day off for Independence Day. With Canada Day so close, is the park traditionally more crowded during that four day stretch between July 1st and 4th or would Friday morning be a good time to visit?