TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The argument about that shouldn't take place on here at all because at the end of the day we know that Cedar Fair is only doing what they're mandated to do. Even Knott's lifted the restrictions ASAP.

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Go to CW site.  Click to buy something like a season pass.  You'll see it in the popup transaction window.  Under 2021 Season Pass -> 2021 Add Ons.  

Posted Images

I will deffinitly be their on August 31 to give it one last ride. I may also try and go Sept 1 but I have to work till 5. It's a shame losing such a great classic ride, it is also the only stand up that I've truly enjoyed riding.

Skyrider was an enjoyable ride in my opinion. Not nearly as bad as my experience with Shockwave at Kings Dominion. However, to keep that real estate occupied by an average coaster that must be a hassle to get parts for does not make sense for the long-term future. Hopefully, that quiet section of the park gets something exciting whether it be a huge water park expansion or another signature coaster.

While it may be full of several average coasters, Canada's Wonderland is always a very enjoyable experience. Always I find their staff to be incredibly friendly, the park is very well maintained, and their general clientele is always well behaved. I'm excited to see what is next for this very nice park.

I don't see them naming the next coaster "Ziz". I think they just chose Behemoth and Leviathan because they are strong and powerful names which are synonyms for "large beast". "Ziz" is a really bad name for a coaster.

I can see a water park expansion and a wing coaster sometime soon, but I still think the park has a GCI woodie sometime in it's future, since CW hasn't had a new wooden coaster since the park opened.

Bummer about Skyrider closing as I found it to be a fun ride (especially when they could be tearing down Wild Beast instead). Hopefully whatever replaces it will be really good.

Interesting news. This makes me wonder how many years Shockwave at KD has.

HOPEFULLY NONE!!!

I wouldn't count on it. They're about to get a huge shipment of free spare parts from Canada's Wonderland. That should last them quite awhile.

HOPEFULLY NONE!!!

I wouldn't count on it. They're about to get a huge shipment of free spare parts from Canada's Wonderland. That should last them quite awhile.

So true...And I think another reason Shockwave has yet to go is because of its specific layout. It does not take up that much room, it is just a fairly small oval shape in a fairly small area.

HOPEFULLY NONE!!!

So true...And I think another reason Shockwave has yet to go is because of its specific layout. It does not take up that much room, it is just a fairly small oval shape in a fairly small area.

It seems that KD has lots of land that is not being used, I would hope they use that space before knocking anything down. However, when the time comes, taking Shockwave down would open up a large amount of space behind the Eiffel Tower, because they could either design the coaster around the Blue Ridge tollway, or relocate/remove it.

I still haven't ridden Leviathan due to my complete lack of interest in B&M...

Great! One less person in line:) Tell all your little friends how terrible B&M is so they won't get in line either! spread the news!!!

I'm very happy to see the end of this coaster. Even an empty plot of land would be an improvement.

How bad was this ride? It looks like it would be a fun ride with airtime. Wait, airtime on a stand-up, that must be painful.

Great! One less person in line:) Tell all your little friends how terrible B&M is so they won't get in line either! spread the news!!!

Yes Everyone B&M is worse than Vekoma (that should shorten a line right!). Tell your friends to tell their friends! Oh, Intamins are terrible too!

Finally, I'm not alone! I went on Nitro (A Train) and it was so boring! I felt no floater, no laterals, no FORCES!

I don't like B&M at all.

I feel like a B&M flyer or dive coaster would be a better ride for Wonderland than an inverted coaster because we already have Flight Deck. Don't get me wrong, I would have no complaints about an invert but it just wouldn't be a logical investment. On the topic of a wing coaster, after riding Gatekeeper I have no desire at all to see a wing coaster model at Wonderland.