TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think Cedar Fair's new marketing plan is to throw in the word "coaster" as many times as possible when talking about their new-for-2014 non-coaster rides.

"It's going to be better than what you've seen at Disney or Universal," said Ernest Yale, founder and president of Triotech, the Montreal-based company handling the project.

I suppose it's not fair to say this is an insane claim before the ride is even built but...

^I wonder if he's one of the ex-Paramount leftover guys. I'll never forget the ones that stood up at our lunch and told us how Kings Dominion was so much better than Walt Disney World.

I'm glad they're aiming high and I have confidence the ride will be great...for Canada.

...I think I can finally see through the tears after laughing so hard...

I'm optimistic that this will be a good interactive dark ride. I guess it may be better than what they have at Universal or Disney...for those who have never been to Universal or Disney. Wow!

"It's going to be better than what you've seen at Disney or Universal," said Ernest Yale, founder and president of Triotech, the Montreal-based company handling the project.

Well someone's a little over-confident.

He means Chinese knock-off Disney and Indian knock-off Universal

• 4 weeks later...
^I would hope it can make DarKastle caliber...Spiderman, I'd be shocked.

Don't worry, it won't be Spiderman quality. It will be much better.

Whoa! It's a coaster!!! I'm thinking about going to Canadas Wonderland this summer. I always go to New York every summer and I think I can drive to Niagra falls and then keep going to the park from there. Is it really far from New York, New York? Also when is the best time to go during the summer and what rides have the longest lines?

We'll have to wait to see whats actually build and how it rides.

As for RCDB, it really means nothing what is posted there. Its up to the opinion of the person who's entering the info really. Its not really useful until the parks announce info or the ride is open. In this case, we will have to wait.

^Oddly, the new "coaster/dark ride" is not on RCDB.

Cred or not, that is the question?

The guy who runs RCDB (his name escapes my mind right now) told the LA Times that he is waiting to see if the coaster has significant drop(s) as that would classify it as a coaster in his eyes.