TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I wonder if they're going to use the old paths up the side of the mountain as the path the cars travel up the mountain. They'd most likely need some widening, but the basic path is still there and won't require that much modification to the mountain itself.

Looking at some of the construction going on to Wonder Mountain it does indeed seem like this could possibly be the case.

Will this have to do with Thunder Run? And will it have cars like Den of Lost Thieves @ IB?

Aside from a dragon theme, I do not believe this ride will have anything to do with Thunder Run. I will say though, on my last ride through Thunder Run last week, I did notice the show lights for the dragon were not on. I am sure it was nothing, but it was just a little strange.

As for the vehicles, I am thinking they may be closer to a Spider-man/Transformer like vehicle on a smaller scale, or perhaps even a standard coaster train but perhaps on a rotating platform.

Will this have to do with Thunder Run? And will it have cars like Den of Lost Thieves @ IB?

Aside from a dragon theme, I do not believe this ride will have anything to do with Thunder Run. I will say though, on my last ride through Thunder Run last week, I did notice the show lights for the dragon were not on. I am sure it was nothing, but it was just a little strange.

The show lights in Thunder Run haven't been working all season. Or at least they haven't been whenever I've been at the park.

The show lights in Thunder Run haven't been working all season. Or at least they haven't been whenever I've been at the park.

All the lights were working when I went on it (just in case the rumours of the ride being removed were true).

Could you see Herman's eyes? If so, its been like that for the past several years.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I will be going to Canada's Wonderland on Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th with three friends. This is the first time visiting a North American amusement park. Can anyone tell me if these are busy days? What are the best rides to visit and at which times? Any tips are welcome!

Thanks in advance

Ron from Holland

The lights were working when I rode in June.

Hi guys,

I will be going to Canada's Wonderland on Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th with three friends. This is the first time visiting a North American amusement park. Can anyone tell me if these are busy days? What are the best rides to visit and at which times? Any tips are welcome!

Thanks in advance

Ron from Holland

If you aren't a credit whore, I'd suggest skipping the SLC, the volare and the boomerang, and trying out the many flat rides the park has. Also, don't miss Vortex, as it is a great coaster that gets over shadowed by Behemoth and Leviathan.

I'm trying to do a quick stopover at CW next weekend if things fall into my favor. I may have to hit the park on Saturday (although I'm really holding out for Friday) if things work out right. I need a good attack plan since I don't have the money for a line cutting option. Coaster-wise, I'm trying to do the B&Ms, Vortex, and Stunt Coaster. The other coasters are pretty hit-miss at this point. I also wanna do all the major flats.

Are the crowds pretty heavy during the day or do they start rolling in when Haunt starts?

Is the park good with shows? I'm thinking about bringing my parents. They're more interested in shows/atmospehere over rides.

I'd love to do a meetup with somebody. If anyone wants to head up to CW to hang out for the day (and give me pointers), that would be awesome.

My current plan is to start at Vortex and work my way around riding the flats/coasters (assuming lines won't be too bad since everyone's most likely making the mad dash to Leviathan). I should end up at Leviathan by closing. Spend Haunt doing mazes and trying night rides.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread hasn't been updated in a while, I thought I'd share a few pictures from my visit yesterday.

I also posted up a trip video if you're interested:

IMG_20131020_102234.thumb.jpg.361343a03089776533acdbe0e68a3960.jpg

The exit is around the other side, next to Vortex's lift hill.

IMG_20131020_131943.thumb.jpg.6e72ce42db097ebb4bc68262d5b1904d.jpg

This is a new entry door installed between the falls and the washroom in the mountain.

IMG_20131020_131957.thumb.jpg.d7c665db387d752537c3e072a81b66cb.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say this will probably be the entrance to the Guardian (and the exit being the same exit as the mazes two pictures down).

IMG_20131020_132114.thumb.jpg.a32b0f11779dc222cc2c4a05dd880182.jpg

Here's the entrance to the new mountain Haunt mazes. It's a new door installed right next to the washrooms.

IMG_20131020_135551.thumb.jpg.d260cb7c2688297ded0137f9d4fa770d.jpg

The props that used to be on that path near the new mountain mazes have been moved to the path in front of Time Warp. These lions are steps away from their original home.

IMG_20131020_142449.thumb.jpg.8f4f787c2671c79fd5c633d38a6aa4fd.jpg

Another view of the exit.

IMG_20131020_144409.thumb.jpg.f9dbfeb63d692e167c705a55d04882e2.jpg

I think this one is new. This was one of the few animatronic props still running during the day.

• 2 weeks later...

^^Thanks for the photos. I'm intrigued by the new ride at Canada's Wonderland, as it's so unusual for a Cedar Fair park to try to build any dark ride more elaborate than a Sally "Boo Blasters" ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...