TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Front seat rides on Leviathan at night are where it's at. That was an insane ERT session!

I agree!! Leviathan was GREAT during the ERT session but Behemoth still beat it out! While I loved the first part of Leviathon, it just lacked at the end. It was still an amazing ride more so in the front for me.

Canada's Wonderland was the highlight park of the LeviaTHON Tour for me. The park was beautiful and where it lacks in coasters (some very rough!!!), it was the overall look of the park and the fact that they have a large amount of flats that I loved.

The SLC has to be one of the roughest SLC's I've been on and I can see why Rob and Elissa gave us a Time Warp Survival Kit!

Agreed with everyone on Leviathan. The drop, first turn, and next 2 hills (speed hill and big hill) were excellent, but then the ride just kinda stopped for me. After those 4 elements it just glided around. I do think the first drop might be the best in the world though because it just keeps on getting steeper and steeper and since it's slower you can enjoy the actual drop more than I305, MF, Skyrush, El Toro, etc. Overall I much preferred Behemoth though, holy airtime! The front row at 10:45 pm was amazing.

I really liked the park as well. All of the areas were very nice! The staff was mostly extremely friendly and the operations were great...as we were able to get all 16 coasters before lunch (thanks KT!). Definitely would love to return some day.

Going here tomorrow! Any tips for me? Where to head first, where to ride on Behemoth/Leviathan, best eating places, where to expect longer lines, etc, any input is appreciated! First time at this place, want to get on all 16 coasters

^Get Fast Lane.

Seriously, during the summer, the only way to guarantee you get on all the rides is by buying it because the lines get pretty long. It is so worth it. Leviathan and Behemoth's lines are typical around an hour, so chances are, you'd only be able to get in about 1 or 2 rides each without Fast Lane. Leviathan is usually the busiest in the morning, because people tend to go there as soon as they get in.

Personally, my favourite seat on Behemoth is the back, because you get awesome airtime on the first drop, but it does get a little rattly. Still, it's my favourite ride in the park and the airtime is heavenly. On Leviathan you either need to get the front or back, as the most airtime is found in these seats. The ride ops will assign you seats on Leviathan, but if you ask, you will almost always get the seat you want.

As for food, it's pretty meh, but you should definitely try a funnel cake, they're one of the best things in the park. For a large meal, you can try the International Marketplace Buffet, just inside Medieval Faire. The food is better than the rest of the park (though still pretty meh), it's usually pretty quiet in there. It's about 20 dollars for the buffet, I think.

The flat ride selection here is pretty good! Make sure you try Riptide (you will get soaked), Shockwave, Nightmares, Drop Tower, and Sledge Hammer (It`s pretty dull, but it`s unique!).

Finally, be warned of Time Warp, Flight Deck and Wilde Beast. Your brain may be turned to goo after riding these.

The park is really nice, and is probably the most beautiful of the Cedar Fair parks. The roller coasters for the most part may be mediocre, but Behemoth and Leviathan should make up for that! Hope you have fun!

Edited by Apollo

I'm going to be arriving in Toronto for an undetermined amount of time at the end of August and I'm wanting to try and get to some parks in the area before they close for the season.

When do the schools go back in the GTO? I see the park is open every day till the end of August. I'll be arriving in Toronto on the 28th would it be better to go for a 2 day pass or one day with fast lane?

Awesome!

thanks for the suggestions! I had a feeling Behemoth had the edge, I've been on every other B&M of this kind in the USA so adding Behemoth, Leviathon and Goliath at La Ronde is going to rule and Diamondback is my favorite out of those so it's going to be cool to see how these 3 rank with the others! I'll probably have a PTR of my visit, and I'll report crowds for whoever else will be going in the near future!

sorry to double post, but just got back, hell of a day! Fast Pass was worth every penny it was PACKED today, Behemoth definitely edged Leviathan, although Leviathan was also fantastic, lovely park, got on 15 out of 16 coasters in the days time, solid, thanks again for the suggestions everyone!

Hey, so I am going to hit up Wonderland on Monday, and I'm just wondering what wait times could be like for Behemoth and Leviathon? I'm unfortunately not getting the fast pass :/ So, I'm stuck in the regular lines. And when would the best times to be in line for Leviathon? Thanks for your help.

Hit up behemoth (action zone) first thing in the morning. Everyone will be at Leviathan (medieval fair.

Make your way over towards Leviathan (medieval fair) around 11:30-12:30 as the waterpark opens (brining people past action zone) and most people will be breaking for lunch during these hours. The rest of the park should be fairly decent all day.

I've never been there before. I'll be there next week for a few days, as long as I don't need to fly home to prepare for hurricane Isaac hitting the Miami area. Hopefully it'll miss, and head to the gulf coast.

I've been reading this thread and I'm ready. I won't buy the Fast Lane on general principles. I've paid enough for the platinum season pass, so I'll be waiting in the queue lines when I'm there. I like all you people using / recommending Fast Lane since I'm a stock holder in Cedar Fair, and that's a huge money maker for the corporation!

I'll answer my own question. We spotted a crane and a mess of mechanics gathered around the base of the lift and presumably the lift motor. Hopefully Behemoth will be up on Friday, but I strongly suspect this issue will take some time.

I'll answer my own question. We spotted a crane and a mess of mechanics gathered around the base of the lift and presumably the lift motor. Hopefully Behemoth will be up on Friday, but I strongly suspect this issue will take some time.

First Boulder Dash, now Behemoth? The lift motor is trying to become the next Intamin cable!

NOOOOOoooooo..... >.<

I reallyreallyREALLY hope they have it up Sunday. I'm heading up to Canada for a long weekend and Behemoth is one of the big reasons for my trip, I've wanted to get on that one since it opened.