TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Go to CW site.  Click to buy something like a season pass.  You'll see it in the popup transaction window.  Under 2021 Season Pass -> 2021 Add Ons.  

Can confirm, CF doesn't care which park you go to first with your paper voucher for a Platinum Pass.  You'll get your photo taken and be issued a card that has whatever park you go to first on the bac

Posted Images

I've been meaning to ask, are there spiels for Leviathan that are being worked on right now? I haven't been to the park yet, but from what I've seen online, that abundance of speakers on the ride don't seem to be used.

Was at the park all day yesterday, and oh man was it packed. Though, with it being the long weekend and all, it was totally expected. Leviathan's line was absolutely massive. The line stretched all the way back to Milk Cans and stayed that way for the majority of the day. Hell, they even had to make an overflow queue for Behemoth. Luckily, we tried out the new Fast Lane and it made all the difference in the world. 13 Leviathan and 10 Behemoth rides can't be wrong. The only real wait we had was a one hour wait for Boo Blasters. Why we waited an hour for that? I will never know.

Anyways...Leviathan is running FANTASTIC now that it's warm. The camelbacks provide very strong and sustained floater air and the small hill after the first overbank freakin' rules. I'd easily put Leviathan in my top 5 at this point. Behemoth seems to be developing a pretty nasty rattle, especially on the outside seats, which is kind of sad. It's still a fun ride, but it's definitely getting pretty shaky.

Was at the park all day yesterday, and oh man was it packed. Though, with it being the long weekend and all, it was totally expected. Leviathan's line was absolutely massive. The line stretched all the way back to Milk Cans and stayed that way for the majority of the day. Hell, they even had to make an overflow queue for Behemoth. Luckily, we tried out the new Fast Lane and it made all the difference in the world. 13 Leviathan and 10 Behemoth rides can't be wrong.

Another screaming endorsement for Fast Lane. It is amazing how anyone could complain about a system that allows you to do what you did on such a crowded day!

Was at the park yesterday for a few hours to check out the Victoria Day fireworks and wow was the park rammed. Not surpirised and not complaining either but it was nice to see it so busy.

- Leviathan line was all the way back to the Milk Can game and quoted at 3 hours but we were on in under 2. Very impressed with the hustle.

- Coke Freestyle machines are now installed at two locations (Midevil Funnel Cakes & Outside of Behemoth).

- They do have a lot of flavors that are normally not available in Canada (Pibb being my favorite) so that is definitely a nice change of pace.

- The Victoria Day fireworks were amazing in my eyes. Although they were not 100% Disney quality, they were very very close. Great music, great energy and just a great show.

- Watching the parking lot craziness afterwards was also great. The park closed at 10pm (Fireworks done by 1015) and we were finally able to leave the parking lot at around midnight. I

I will post some photos and a video of the entire firework show once I return home, as well as some footage of the parking lot craziness. Overall for spending 4 hours in the park, riding one ride, and watching the fireworks show, it was one of the most enjoyable times I've had in the park. I think the nighttime atmosphere really plays into the enjoyment level of a park for me.

Photos as promised. Usually my iPhone spits out great photos, but last night it just wasn't cooperating.

Video is still uploading.

005.thumb.jpg.ef97c124f4ed5e83b49aa9d88c097c50.jpg

The line of cars turning into the park

015.jpg.3defb6ed0c2682b55826adddf953e8ee.jpg

Still loving the sign and forced perspective they set up to make Leviathan look even bigger then it is.

022.thumb.jpg.6bc4e1eb5a942923b40a6c6bce99331f.jpg

Ya, line was just a little long.

007.thumb.jpg.0c804af6f94cb73a9f93346c8fcc9e8d.jpg

Best new 2012 addition ;)

033.jpg.95a9e389d83260285edb43b6dc99aa7b.jpg

Loved this shot.

036.jpg.de0c44f2c5e874503051671ba5a2b21f.jpg

The lights in the fountain really shine at night, pun intended ;)

065.jpg.063bef85e853ae410df2d2a6595ceab6.jpg

Leviathan area at night

073.jpg.cb49491efd5492b1e2aaf19aad45f614.jpg

Rawr

076.jpg.05899ac2245bbd1c34be2795dcd9c3b0.jpg

Love the LED lights in the main fountains

080.thumb.jpg.e2547265961d92dac632aa9c75827133.jpg

Another of the several Leviathan shirts. Not too shabby.

I guess I timed my trip just right on Thursday May 18. Leviathan and Behemoth lines began at the bottom of the station stairs. Less than 10 minutes every time. I'm trying to understand the B&M rattle people speak of. I really can't identify with it. I guess you can say there is vibrations on parts of their coasters, but I just thought its a fact of life when travelling at those speeds.

Anyways, Leviathan is an amazing combination of intensity, speed, and airtime making it an elite coaster.

^^^ That shirt has Nitro in the background. Seriously, how does CF make shirts with a competitor's coaster in the background?

I'm really not seeing it. It looks like the more of Leviathan to me, even if it is mirrored and the colors are a bit off to fit the general theme/color of the shirt.

^^^ That shirt has Nitro in the background. Seriously, how does CF make shirts with a competitor's coaster in the background?
I'm really not seeing it. It looks like the more of Leviathan to me, even if it is mirrored and the colors are a bit off to fit the general theme/color of the shirt.

The shirt definitely shows Nitro, compare the lift, drop and especially the camelbacks to this photo:

thumb_080_30.jpg

edit: They even included Batman's loop!

Edited by BDG

Dang, you are absolutely right. I guess I just glanced at it too much and didn't really think about it. But that picture pretty much proves it. I've never been to Great Adventure to notice. I just assumed it was a mirror image of Leviathan... but looking at the shirt closer, it doesn't even look like that at all. You would think with such an iconic ride like Leviathan, they would use a silhouette of that! I'm guessing there is nothing illegal about it, just horribly lazy graphic design... guess I made my dumb post for the month

lol, they even included the loop from a neighboring coaster.

Also, I see they've done away with the disaster countdown before the fireworks. The crowd would count too fast because the recording counted down too slowly.

Ya...no countdown.

Overall I found the show to be very well done. I haven't seen a fireworks show at Wonderland since Cedar Fair took over but this being my first, you can call me impressed.

I haven't seen a fireworks show there in years either. It's interesting to see that they're still doing them from the back part of the park.

If it's like old times, the lawn in behind the mountain near Vortex should still be a great alternative spot to watch the fireworks.

I really wish they would add some kind of starlight pass ticket.

I'd love to visit the park after work one day but $40+ for a few hours is a bit steep on a budget.

If their flagship park can offer one, I can't see why one of their most visited parks can't offer one. With such a huge population base around the park and all the options of getting there, it could lead to a few more people through the gates later in the day.

I have, but I don't go enough to warrant one.

I used to go once a year for free when volunteering for Math and Physics Day and would get a return ticket as compensation. I rarely used the free return ticket.

Plus, with the whole living on a tight budget, I couldn't exactly justify one at this point in time.

Hey all, don't forget about the hotel room auction in Toronto that'll cover you over Leviathan Bash weekend! Don't be shy, put in a bid! We are at $125.00 for two nights so far! Click on the link below for more details! Just over a week left ending Friday, June 1 at Noon!

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Click here to find out more!

Went out to the park today. 10 to 15 minute wait for Leviathan at about 1:00 this afternoon and about half that for Behemoth. Both coasters were absolutely hauling ass although Behemoth was rattling quite a bit.

Went out to the park today. 10 to 15 minute wait for Leviathan at about 1:00 this afternoon and about half that for Behemoth. Both coasters were absolutely hauling A$$ although Behemoth was rattling quite a bit.

^The rattle is going to make Coasting for Kids event on the 10th quite interesting

Went out to the park today. 10 to 15 minute wait for Leviathan at about 1:00 this afternoon and about half that for Behemoth. Both coasters were absolutely hauling A$$ although Behemoth was rattling quite a bit.

^The rattle is going to make Coasting for Kids event on the 10th quite interesting

It's not a painful rattle (yet)...but it is very noticeable. I suppose after riding for 8 hours, it will be a little rough on the back. I found that riding in the centre seats doesn't have too bad of a rattle.

Today was Leviamania at Canada's Wonderland put on by CWMania. It was an amazing event. I have photos and videos which I am transferring now and will upload tomorrow, but some notes:

- 14 Rides on Leviathan During ERT.

- The walk into and up Wonder Mountain was amazing. Got to see some amazing views of the park that has been unseen by the public in such a long time.

- The interview with park management revealed something interesting. Behemoth was originally supposed to be named Leviathan. Senior execs did not like that name and eventually Behemoth was born. When the execs got replaced and the new B&M was being pitched, the obvious choice was Leviathan, and new execs liked the name. I found this really interesting due to the location of Behemoth. The name change would've been far better suited if you swapped them out.

- There are "always thoughts about building something inside of Wonder Mountain"

- Dinosaurs Alive exceeded my expectations. I thought the area was large, the animitronics were great, and the overall impression was a real hit.

- The backstage tour of Leviathan, Dragon Fire and Wild Beast (a surprise tour) was great. Lots of great photos and lots amazing information.

- The tunnel is not done. They didn't give a time frame but did mention that it will still be "evolving" over time.

- More lighting is being set up as well to help illuminate the life/drop.

- Evening ERT was great. Got 15 or 16 rides in on Behemoth as park of my warm up for Coasting for Kids on June 10th, which by the way its not too late to donate at https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joshuamclachlan/CanadasWonderland

- A great event by CWMania and a gets me pumped for Leviathan Bash.

Hope you guys enjoyed this quickfire report. I will posted the photos tomorrow as well as an entire video walk through of Dinosaurs Alive.