TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Wait wait wait...the most exciting thing I've seen so far is I think the arcade that is near the ride is the one that had "Metric Skeeball"!!!!

"We are playin metric Skee Ball...it says 10 points, but it's really 80"

It looks fast and fun, but it seems like there won't be much airtime considering how slowly it goes over the hills.

Actually, there was plenty of floater air, and that first little hill gives you what I would consider a nice little hybrid between floater and ejector air. And it was also quite cold yesterday, so when it gets warm, the trains will run even faster. It's amazing!

Wait wait wait...the most exciting thing I've seen so far is I think the arcade that is near the ride is the one that had "Metric Skeeball"!!!!

It is...However, where they set up the On Ride Photo pickup is where the skeeball used to be. Unless they moved the skeeball to a different part of the arcade, it may have been removed entirely

Cannot confirm though as I did not walk the length of the arcade.

I as well braved the cold and wind last night to get my first rides in on Leviathan. This ride absolutely did not disappoint. My favourite part of the ride is easily the small airtime hill after the first overbank as it provides both fantastic air and a great sense of speed. Even with the temperature being quite cold last night, the ride was still hauling ass and provided decent forces on the camelbacks and turns. Based on what I experienced last night, when this ride gets nice and warm in the summer, it's going to be amazing.

Also, it appeared the cold kept a lot of people away from the park, so the line for Leviathan (and everything else) was pretty much non-existant. We ended up getting 8 rides on Leviathan, which made for happy and satisfied coaster enthusiasts.

Here are some pictures from last night!

Fancy sign/fountain!

The lift is quicker than I thought it would be, but it's still slow. B&M should have called Intamin to borrow their cable lift.

Good floater air coming over this hill

The hammerhead does this weird "kick" when it reaches the apex of the curve. Kind of weird, but enjoyable.

Leviathan absolutely dominates Dragon Fire now. And yes...the brake run is taller than Dragon Fire.

First drop at sunset

More floaty goodness

Hammerhead

The turns all gave very good sensations of speed. Leviathan is most certainly not Behemoth 2.0

Sign all lit up nicely at night

Edited by mightypotato

The Metric system explained in great detail!!!

http://soundcloud.com/rrfellis/bob-doug-mckenzie-metric

Great update, the ride looks fun. Hopefully we'll get up to the Great White North sometime.

Personally, my favourite thing about Leviathan from last night, was not the ride itself, but that part of the reason they built it was to make the lines for other rides like Behemoth shorter. It really shows just how much they care about making the park enjoyable (just about as much as they want to make money ).

As for the ride itself, I thought it was really fun! Not as good as say I305, but definitely on par with Millennium Force. The first half of the ride is very fast, and you fly through the first turn and small hill, which like everyone said was GREAT . As for the airtime, I'm sure you get some good floater in the back, but the employees seemed to be stapling everybody in, so I didn't get much. They also did an AMAZING job theming the area! Now, pretty much every part of Medieval Faire is themed now, and flows really nicely without having the Cyber Cafe sticking out like a sore thumb...

P.S. There was literally NO line for Behemoth all night. I got 10 rides in, and for 5 of them, I never even had to get out of the seat. NEVER have I seen Behemoth so empty, especially when rides like Vortex had 15 minute waits! It was a bit shakier this year, but still amazing and intense. I never realized just how amazing the first drop is in the back!

So now comes this question: Whats next?

2013 minor upgrades like new Verkoma restraints, 2014/15 a cool flat of some kind, maybe a watermark expansion. Then in 2015-2016 a dive/wing rider that interacts with Wonder Mountain loading opposite of Vortex.

*fingers crossed*

Oh and expect the GP to proclaim Wonderland is out of space and moving every step of the way!

This is the first time I think I have ever seen Snoopy Nekid!

The ride looks amazing, great job guys, can't wait to ride on the Leviathon trip and coupled with ERT and front of line passes, yeah, I might find a nice home on this after completing a credit run.

^I thought the brake run was a bit unusual, too. Wild Eagle at Dollywood delivers an extra little kick after the brake run. It stops on a fairly steep angle and actually hurtles around a sharp curve after the brakes release the train (it was very surprising).

I wonder if Leviathan will offer that same extra "kick"?

Edited by cfc

I like the layout, but it seems like it needs another 1,500 feet or so...in the form of bunny hills. The brake run, wtf?

Honestly this is the perfect length. If you do bunny hills like that then it would start being too close to Behemoth. Test me, if you ride this you won't be concerned with the lack of bunny hills.

I'm not impressed by this at all. I just looks very pedestrian and far to similar to Behemoth. I'm not going to get to ride it for a long time yet, but I honestly can't see what all the excitement is about. Sure, it's tall, but so is MF and I305, but at least they have a bit more to them than a couple of big hills and a hammerhead turn. The exact same turn is on another B&M right across the park! Why not a bit of variety here? How about the turn on Shambhala? That would have looked awesome over the entrance to the park, or even a diving helix, at least something that would add to the length as well as separate it from Behemoth a bit more.

And that break run just smacks of poor design. I'm not one to badmouth B&M, but this is a backward step from them in my opinion. It's like stopping the ride when it's still got some juice under the hood. When I first saw the POV I assumed it was a mid course as the train climbed up to it, but then it's all over?? When you've got a break run that is that high up and that long to get the train back to the station, it's just a wasted opportunity IMHO. I'll probably get grief for this post, and seeing as I'm not going to Canada anytime soon, I can't comment from experience, but just by looks and POV alone, this one's a dud.