TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

WHOA! That was flying through the first turn and speed hill. And it's SO LOUD. I love it. Also, I really hope that the World's Tallest Brake Run is handled the way it is in that first run, AKA the horizontal portion not slowing the train down at all. I think that might even add an extra thrill to the ride, as the uninformed might think "Oh God why isn't it stopping yet???"

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Go to CW site.  Click to buy something like a season pass.  You'll see it in the popup transaction window.  Under 2021 Season Pass -> 2021 Add Ons.  

Can confirm, CF doesn't care which park you go to first with your paper voucher for a Platinum Pass.  You'll get your photo taken and be issued a card that has whatever park you go to first on the bac

Posted Images

I like the roar of it.

The only problem is the air-time hills definitely look like floater as it goes over the top pretty slowly. It's just going to be like an over-sized hyper, nothing really special. Also, it looks like there's some force to that barrel roll turn.

^The first drop looks like it's going to take this ride to a level the hypers cannot reach, but yes it appears slow going over the airtime hills. I am impressed with how slow the chain appears to bring the train up the hill. I feel like that is going to create some real suspense and intimidate riders.

Since the ride is in the testing phase, I'm sure they will be trying several configurations of trim brake application. However, regardless of what the final configuration is, this looks like it will be an excellent ride and I can't wait to ride it in July. It will be fun to ride this and Behemoth back-to-back and decide how similar or different they actually are.

I think the train actually crests the airtime hills faster than most B&M hypers, but I could be wrong. It will also be sad to see how much slower it goes over the hills once those trims are tapping the train. However, I like the low to the ground track transitions with the drawn out bump between the big hills, and that first overbank. It looks like its gonna be pushing some good positive and negative forces.

But for its height, and the momentum the train has going into the final brakes, the ride is waaaay too short IMO.

But for its height, and the momentum the train has going into the final brakes, the ride is waaaay too short IMO.

I think, considering the already quite large budget for this monster, B&M did quite well for themselves in terms of layout and pacing. It essentially seems to be designed for speed, so I think it's better that it's still going at a pretty decent pace when it hits the brakes. It amplifies that sense of speed if you're going fast the whole time, rather than burning off all the speed on a few bunny hills at the end and sort of trudging into the brakes.

I don't know how people are going to consider this ride as..."just another hyper...not what I expected...too slow..." Canada's Wonderland took a chance and is making a B&M Giga Coaster....something that's never been done. Also, lots of turns and low to ground transitions. I think this ride will be amazing...the drop will have probably a ton of air...lots of speed going into a forceful turn...pretty well attempt at theming...I think this ride will start drawing in more B&M Gigas around.

I don't know how people are going to consider this ride as..."just another hyper...not what I expected...too slow..." Canada's Wonderland took a chance and is making a B&M Giga Coaster....something that's never been done. Also, lots of turns and low to ground transitions. I think this ride will be amazing...the drop will have probably a ton of air...lots of speed going into a forceful turn...pretty well attempt at theming...I think this ride will start drawing in more B&M Gigas around.

AMEN!

I'd call this, as much as I can a "Lightning ride" which in term roughly means one thing. Its fast paced, enough for you to really enjoy it, Its over quick enough bit gives a dang good ride, AND it makes you want to get right back in line.

Guys, It's a freaking giga coaster, stop complaining!

Boy...when I was 14 years old I also thought everything that big had to be freaking good...then I rode Silver Star

Out of curiosity (and procrastination) I was looking at old posts in the Carowinds thread, and around the time Intimidator was testing, people were joyfully clamoring over how it was flying through the course during tests. Sounds eerily similar to the last few pages here... Don't make the same mistake, B&M! There wouldn't even be a good nickname for Leviathan with 'trim' in it. I mean, Trimviathan? Leviatrim? Those sound stupid! Just say no to trims.

It's nice to see B&M doing something a little different. I've never ridden a B&M hyper that I didn't like, but their hypers seemed to be falling into the same patterns and same basic layouts with hill after hill and maybe an occasional helix. It's nice to see them stay a little lower to the ground to enhance the feeling of speed. Anything different from a B&M hyper is a plus and I'm glad to see them trying some new things. I really hope I get the chance to ride this one day.

If how Canada's Wonderland runs Behemoth is any indication, those trims won't be on very hard, if at all. Since Behemoth opened, I've never experienced hard trims on it. That, and I've only ever felt the first set on. I'm not worried about the trim brake potential for Leviathan.

Out of curiosity (and procrastination) I was looking at old posts in the Carowinds thread, and around the time Intimidator was testing, people were joyfully clamoring over how it was flying through the course during tests. Sounds eerily similar to the last few pages here... Don't make the same mistake, B&M! There wouldn't even be a good nickname for Leviathan with 'trim' in it. I mean, Trimviathan? Leviatrim? Those sound stupid! Just say no to trims.

Le-trim-athon?

To me, it actually seems like the second large airtime hill is getting some good speed. Hopefully it delivers!