TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Posted Images

Posted on cwmania.com

by jazzimm » Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

Just a quick update. I'm at CW now for a Georian College presentation and Dave Phillips (VP Marketing) just told us that water dummy testing on Leviathan is set to begin today. I have some (not so great) photos of the station and will try to get some photos of the dummy testing if it starts before we leave!

^For the silly Americans that don't understand the metric system, 4.5 meters per second is about 10 mph. So, in other words, it's going to take forever to get to the top.

Thanks Steve It just means you'll have that much more time to realize how high up you are!

Update! Leviathan made its successful first test run at 6:17PM! Video to come tonight!

^For the silly Americans that don't understand the metric system, 4.5 meters per second is about 10 mph. So, in other words, it's going to take forever to get to the top.

Thanks Steve It just means you'll have that much more time to realize how high up you are!

Update! Leviathan made its successful first test run at 6:17PM! Video to come tonight!

Cannot wait to see that !

Gahhhh, that lift is so wonderfully torturously slow! And did it seem like the trims noticeably slow the train down, or was it just because, y'know, this is the first time it's ever run the course ever? Either way, it can only get faster from here!

Edited by UrbanLegend
and it's gonna get faster as it warms up and breaks in, i approve

Yes it will, when they replace the winter Nylon wheels with the true Poly ones. OH and for better measure, I wonder what configuration they will use for the "speed versus silencer wheels" You know the big thicker ones they put on. I've seen usually for the hyper trains (well nitro atleast} they put them on rows 2 and 8.

The other 2 trains were empty. No water dummies visible in the maintenance bays. It appears as though there are currently only enough water dummies for one train (there could be more elsewhere on site).

Only the single test run was conducted on Thursday evening. I stopped by the park for a while yesterday afternoon but no tests. Not sure if they'll be doing work over the weekends. Today is cool and damp, so definitely not ideal conditions. I'm hoping to get some better footage soon to share with everyone!

Just found out from a CWMania member that Leviathan was testing about an hour ago. So I guess they're going all weekend long!