TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

While I rarely buy Quick Queue at BGW, my home park, I tend to go there on days when I know I won't need it; however, if I'm there with out-of-state friends at, say, Howl-o-Scream on a Saturday, I always recommend buying it.

If I'm visiting a park that I know I probably be visiting again for some time, I uaually go for a skip-the-line pass if it's offered.

On the NorthEast Trip we used systems at La Ronde, Six Flags New England and Great Escape, I will never not purchase one on a busy day at a park. I had only used a system before back in 2009 at BGW. Glad to see this park is getting Fast Lane.

For those that in all fairness aren't able to afford the add-on, just think of it being kept as an add-on as a great thing, unlike the Disney method where it is included in your admission. This way helps keep the general admission options more affordable for those that may not otherwise be able to visit the park.

While I rarely buy Quick Queue at BGW, my home park, I tend to go there on days when I know I won't need it

THIS!!!

This is what I don't understand about when local theme park enthusiasts complain about a system like Fast Lane being unfair...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT YOUR LOCAL PARK AT A BUSY DAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?

Seriously, be smart...like Chuck. Visit your local parks when you know they aren't insanely packed with people.

We lived right next door to Six Flags Magic Mountain for YEARS while they either had Flash Pass tickets or Q-Bots. We never would bother buying them because we knew not to go to the park when it was insanely busy. I can't imagine why anyone would go to their local park and stand in line two hours for anything.

--Robb

While I rarely buy Quick Queue at BGW, my home park, I tend to go there on days when I know I won't need it

THIS!!!

This is what I don't understand about when local theme park enthusiasts complain about a system like Fast Lane being unfair...

Seriously, be smart...like Chuck. Visit your local parks when you know they aren't insanely packed with people.

We lived right next door to Six Flags Magic Mountain for YEARS while they either had Flash Pass tickets or Q-Bots. We never would bother buying them because we knew not to go to the park when it was insanely busy. I can't imagine why anyone would go to their local park and stand in line two hours for anything.

--Robb

Strong this. There is no reason to complain when it's your own fault for visiting on a super busy day. On the other side, when you visit a park that's not your local park, and it's busy, that's when these systems are perfect and totally worth every single penny. Disliking them doesn't make any sense to me because all they do is help you!

I know for sure I'm way more excited for my visit to Canada's Wonderland now with Fast Lane because it will be my first and likely only visit in a while and being able to more easily and happily experience everything is sooo worth the money!

If you would rather stand in hours worth of lines, and save money, that's your CHOICE. Personally, I'll easily drop $50 to not stand in hours and hours worth of lines when I could be RIDING instead of waiting. People who don't understand this concept, IMO are completely stupid.

Exactly!

At the end of the day people, this is a company. A company which needs to make money and what better way to make money then the offer of being able to skip a line!

Either stand in the line and wait or bust open your piggy bank and buy a Q-Bot/Fast Lane/etc and have some fun!

This makes me extremely happy. I don't always go to Wonderland on non busy days due to either work schedules or friends. The option to get this makes going to the park that much easier on everyone. It's about damned time CF joined the 21st century and has a fast pass type system (apart from the wtf-style ink blobs they had at CP).

THIS!!!

If you spend a lot of time at a single park, you also can figure out the flow of people, and know what rides will be busy and when they are at their worst. I can always have a great day at Hershey even when crowds are at their worst, because it's easy to skip out the busiest rides knowing you will be back another day. That plus side of being a season pass holder, you're only limited by your time and desire to go to park.

But if I'm spending one or two days at a place like Busch Gardens, and it will tend to be on a busy weekend, you need to maximize what you can do in much much shorter span of time. That's why I'll gladly pay for something like Quick Queue, it generally changes the tone of the experience and makes it far more relaxing, especially when you do mostly as you please, rather than worrying about budgeting time, or just the stress of a hot summer day in a long line of people.

New site looks good. Have noticed they are promoting Fast Lane on Knotts new site.

Does anyone know if Fast Lane is coming to CW this season?

Yes, CW will have Fast Lane this coming season: http://www.canadaswonderland.com/group-sales/corporate-sales#71F30868-155D-F53F-0EC5B4F6D53815B8

This is great news. More info from Quick Tips - you'll be able to buy them online in advance. http://www.canadaswonderland.com/plan-a-visit/quick-tips

Make the most of your visit!

Speed to the front of the line of the park's most popular attractions with Fast Lane. Limited waiting. Unlimited access. A limited number of Fast Lane passes are available each day. We recommend that you get your Fast Lane passes in advance online. To use your Fast Lane pass, look for the Fast Lane sign near the entrance / exits of an attraction.

Someone on CWMania posted an excited event (for schools that register):

Learn all about Bolliger & Mabillard's first ever giga coaster - Leviathan on Friday, May 11th, 2012 as we host Leviathan Day at Canada's Wonderland. Engineers from B&M in Switzerland will be at our park to host seminars on the construction, design and physics behind this roller coaster marvel.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/group-sales/school-programs#720BADDE-155D-F53F-0E3467DC7E9B66BE

Someone on CWMania posted an excited event (for schools that register):

Learn all about Bolliger & Mabillard's first ever giga coaster - Leviathan on Friday, May 11th, 2012 as we host Leviathan Day at Canada's Wonderland. Engineers from B&M in Switzerland will be at our park to host seminars on the construction, design and physics behind this roller coaster marvel.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/group-sales/school-programs#720BADDE-155D-F53F-0E3467DC7E9B66BE

Thats awesome! I wish they would do this publicly I would love to see B&M Engineers talk about Leviathan (and early access )

I am also glad the Fast Lane is confirmed.

I wonder if that has to do with the annual Math and Physics Day the park holds every year.

Last year I helped organize it since the park always asks the provincial body that overlooks engineering schools in Ontario to organize volunteers and judge the marble coaster contest. If it's on the same day, I may have to ask my friends organizing it this year for an invite.

First Rider Auction site has gone live as of this morning:

First-to-Ride Up For Auction

Canada’s Wonderland, in partnership with SickKids, is holding an auction for the first rides on Leviathan, one of the biggest and tallest roller coasters in the world. The Park will auction off seats on the first three trains to the highest bidders, who will become the first official riders on the Park's newest thrill machine. In total 96 seats are available to philanthropists and coaster-enthusiasts alike for bidding. Bids can be placed until April 18, 2012 by clicking on the bid link at the bottom of this page. Minimum bids must be higher than the lowest bid above the yellow line on the bid board. NOTE: Please submit bids that are in even dollar amounts not in .25, .50 and .75 increments. Thank you!

Learn more about SickKids and the new Research & Learning Tower.

A Great Day

In addition to contributing to child healthcare research, as a successful bidder, you’ll be among the first in the world to ride Leviathan on April 27, 2012. On Leviathan, riders will climb to a record breaking height of 306 feet (93.3M) followed by an exhilarating 80 degree drop. Reaching a top speed of 148 kilometers per hour, riders will experience extreme coaster thrills on 5,486 feet (1,672M) of track that includes a series of giant camelback hills reaching heights up to 180 feet (54.9M), and an astonishing overbanked hammerhead turn at 115 degrees that will cross above the Park’s front gate at 147 feet (44.8M) high. It doesn’t get better than this – thrills, fun and giving back!

What You Get

The highest successful bidder will select their seat on the first train of Leviathan while all other successful bidders will be assigned their seats according to their bid amount. Minimum bids begin at $75.00. Along with being one of the first to experience the best new roller coaster in the world for 2012, successful bidders will receive a commemorative gift from the park, a winners reception and admission for you and a friend to enjoy that night at Canada’s Wonderland.

How It Works

The highest successful bidder will select their seat to the first train while all other successful bidders will be assigned their seats according to their bid amount through the last seat on the third train. Minimum bid must be higher than the lowest bid above the yellow line on the bid board. Bids may be increased at any time until the bidding is closed on April 18, at 11:59 pm. To submit a bid, simply click on the link below. Payments for successful bids will be charged after closing of auction on April 18, 2012.

Set up an account and start your bidding process here:

https://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/public/news/auction/bid.cfm

Monitor current status of bids here:

https://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/public/news/auction/grid.cfm

Dumb question: did anyone see on the Leviathan first rider auction page the actual DATE that the bidders will get to ride the coaster? That's kind of an important detail.

April 27, 2012, in the late afternoon, I'm assuming just before it opens for Seasons Pass Sneak Preview Night.

It'll say on Leviathan's page if you go to "Auction" then "Ride Auction" then look under "A Great Day".

It's also in the press release posted above.