TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Trim brakes are used on nearly every B&M hyper I can think of... I really don't think it's cause for concern. I also think the Millie comparisons are a little bit of a stretch. There are a few similarities, but not enough to compare the two IMO.

Also, I'm starting to make my summer plans and I cannot believe how psyched I'm going to be walking into Canada's Wonderland for the first time and seeing this thing!

Trim brakes are used on nearly every B&M hyper I can think of... I really don't think it's cause for concern. I also think the Millie comparisons are a little bit of a stretch. There are a few similarities, but not enough to compare the two IMO.

I agree. It resembles other B&M hypers a lot more than it does Millennium Force. I also don't understand why there would be much cause for complaint with having 2 sets of trim brakes on this ride. Nitro has 2 as well and it's considered one of the greatest hypers out there. Not that they even effect the experience that much, which I'm thinking they wouldn't on this ride either. However, I did find that there were cases where they did, such as on Diamondback. We'll see what happens.

God that's beautiful. Even if it's just another tame B&M hyper style, it still looks great!

I'm torn, mostly because of that crazy brake run. Intamin has done some odd inclined brake runs, but B&M really took the cake here. They took the cake, sat on it, and then rubbed their cake-covered butt all over everything.

Didnt get to mention on here yet, few weeks back I went down to Dayton OH and on I-75 heading North as I was traveling south (obviously) I spotted 2 pieces of track heading via flat-bed to the park. Gorgeous color, very bright in person.

I actually really like the new site I like the fact that the website looks cleaner and I think looks a lot better. I don't really like the sparkly logo however. While there are a few glitches/typos (such as the Paramount cup) stated above I am sure they will fix it soon

I wonder how long fast lane at CW will last.

When Italian Job opened with a regular queue and a single rider line, people waiting in the regular queue kept complaining that it wasn't fair that other people got to ride faster and the park had to get rid of it.

I can see the same thing happening here.

If CW offers it, It'll be Cedar Fair giving it a go this time and they've had plenty of time to figure out the logistics. In CW's case, the Director of Operations, also in that position during Paramount days, mentioned at Behemoth Bash that the reason they didn't offer it earlier was because of logistics and not because it wasn't fair. No lives are being harmed with a quick queue option, it'll be available to all based on availability and not everyone desires it at every visit. It depends on the visitor type--out of towners there for one day vs Season Pass regulars just going to spend time at the park primarily.

Do I think it's not fair that I have to wait longer to check in at the airport or board a plane because elite points members, first class and business class members paid a ton more for their travel in a year? Nah, they actually paid for the privilege and we're all going to the same place.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

It's a premium service for those of you who want it. People standing in regular line have every right to go and purchase the Fast Lane passes themselves as well, so it's not like anyone is being left out of this opportunity.

I say it's a good thing for the parks. Think of it this way, it's extra revenue in CW's/Cedar Fair's pockets which means the better chance at that money being spent on upkeep, new attractions, etc etc. If you are coming from out of town, which a lot of people will be doing this year for Leviathan, you are going to want to make sure you can get all your credits in on one day and the best way to do that is with the fast lane.

Would I do this being my home park? I don't know, I think may I would try it just once for sure and would probably use it should I have guests coming in from out of town that want to visit the park.

Good on CW and good on Cedar Fair! Keep up the good work of making CW one of the top tier parks out there!

I wonder how long fast lane at CW will last.

When Italian Job opened with a regular queue and a single rider line, people waiting in the regular queue kept complaining that it wasn't fair that other people got to ride faster and the park had to get rid of it.

I can see the same thing happening here.

I can see this really basic "fast pass" lasting a year or two. If this method is the same at CW than it is at KI than I think it won't be great. If guests can ride as many times as they want and lets say there are exactly 32 guests that get in line for the fast line on Behemoth imagine how much the regular line will be affected. I hope CW will realize how inefficient this is and change it. I am hoping for Lo Que with regulated entry times. While this is a step in the right direction I probably won't use it very often considering I am a season pass holder and visit around 10 times a year.

^^^&^^^^ EXACTLY!!!!

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over skip the line programs. It's no different than anything in our capitalistic society. You pay more, you get more. There is no issue here!

I can't WAIT to use this system on our TPR Trip this summer and get it for all of our trip participants! The only thing that could be better is if LoQ takes it over!

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over skip the line programs.

Because they can't afford it, so the only argument they can find while they stand in a longer is that "it's not fair?"

If you would rather stand in hours worth of lines, and save money, that's your CHOICE. Personally, I'll easily drop $50 to not stand in hours and hours worth of lines when I could be RIDING instead of waiting. People who don't understand this concept, IMO are completely stupid.

We will absolutely be using this on our TPR trip, and we will be encouraging as many people as possible to use this system. Parks that do NOT have a virtual queue or 'skip the line' system in place, IMO, are living in the past. There is so much money to be made out of a system like this, it's an insanely great value, and now that "Fast Pass" has been around sine 1999, there should be no reason for people to be surprised or complaining that people are passing them up in a line. If you haven't been exposed to a system like this, you're living under a rock.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey