TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

You don't see any potential risk in flying high tension cables and shards of metal?

Not when the place the cable breaks is oh, 200ft BELOW me. And another hundred feet or more from any foot traffic. There is no safety concerns from a cable lift breaking. Only concerns are on cable LAUNCHes as seen with the snaps where the people got shards. But thats a completely different type of break. MF is only going 22mph. Not 122.

I think one thing for sure can be said about Leviathan, and that is it will definitely add an amazing visual as guests are coming into the park.

If you come from the right side of the lot, you will literally have to walk by and under this beast in order to get into the park.

Also because of its location, as you can see from some of my previous photos, its going to be a coaster photographer's wet dream come true with all the angles you can get of it.

Skyrush and Hershey park will out rank leviathan any day.

No offense but this is a CANADA'S WONDERLAND thread not a lets argue about Skyrush is better than Leviathan.

Agreed.

Hersheycoaster13, please do not make a post like this again in the future. It adds absolutely nothing to this thread and can only be misconstrued as an attempt to start a flame war.

No offense but this is a CANADA'S WONDERLAND thread not a lets argue about Skyrush is better than Leviathan.

Agreed.

Hersheycoaster13, please do not make a post like this again in the future. It adds absolutely nothing to this thread and can only be misconstrued as an attempt to start a flame war.

why dont you shut up and i will shut up. that help you.

Agreed.

Why don't you take a timeout from posting?

You would also do good to read over the site's TOS that you agreed to upon signing up. But most importantly, do not disrespect site moderators!

^ I was wondering the same thing....that overbanked turn and then that bunny hop afterwards could be outrageous if they they don't trim the crap out of the turn.

I will say that even though I agreed that this coaster is probably the most overhyped for 2012, seeing these pictures is starting to make me really wonder if I'm wrong...PLEASE prove me wrong B&M!

That is like comparing apples and oranges, lordy.

What are you 14? Jeez.

You don't see any potential risk in flying high tension cables and shards of metal?

Not when the place the cable breaks is oh, 200ft BELOW me. And another hundred feet or more from any foot traffic. There is no safety concerns from a cable lift breaking. Only concerns are on cable LAUNCHes as seen with the snaps where the people got shards. But thats a completely different type of break. MF is only going 22mph. Not 122.

What about the people on the ground, the people on the CP+LE Railroad? I mean it is not enough to let me say no I am not going to ride, because MF is my favorite ride, but you don't see these sort of questionable safety issues on the B&M rides. There has not been a single safety risking malfunction on a B&M that I know about.

I just don't understand whats wrong with all of u. Its funny how u ask questions that have already been answered and u guys have brought up the trim brake thing again..."...As long as they don't murder it with trims...". Get it straight!!! Trim brakes will be put on both airtime hills!!!

^ Some B&M trims are hardly noticable while some are quite strong (Intimidator at Carowinds). Nobody will really be able to tell until they actually ride the ride to see how hard they actually "slow" down the train.

Speaking of Intimidator at Carowinds, Leviathan just looks like an epic version of that alright hyper. However, I do feel like these low turns/gradual hills is what will make Leviathan stand out from your typical B&M hyper.

Edited by Intimidator305

^ Behemoths trims skim the train on the second airtime hill 70% of the time. It usually is flying through the course. Let's hope leviathan gets the same treatment...

Oh my god, if i could get the same amount of that floater airtime you receive on Behemoth on Leviathan, then that would be unreal. Let's hope Claude or Walter is reading this right now and will make the trims feel non-existant

I have a feeling that trims will either moderately brake the trains (if its a full load) or not at all (small load) considering the 182 ft. airtime hill is higher than the 164 ft. barrell roll. But hey, that's just me. I'm not an engineer .

Oh, and Behemoth seems to still pick up airtime on the 3rd and 4th airtime hills when it's been trimmed 30% of the time. I love that coaster .

I would say that on Behemoth, the trims work as they're supposed to. Barely noticeable or not even on, unless the train is really flying through the course. I would even say that on many days, the airtime is more ejector than floater, so much so that I pushed my lap bar down at least another click after really feeling like I was going to fly out. The ride can be relentless, in an awesome way. I hope Leviathan will carry on some of those ride characteristics.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Ahhh those were the days. Six Flags has parking lot coasters...Paramount Canada's Wonderland had parking lot stunt shows

Those were the days I wonder how Leviathan construction is coming along this week? Considering there was no snow and it was pretty warm today I wonder if they have that next big airtime hill done Can't wait for the next update