TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

It's amazing that just four years ago, the tallest thing in our skyline was Drop Tower. I'm so pleased by how much they've evolved our skyline... They weren't kidding when they said this thing was going to take over the park. I can't wait to pull up to the park next year, though I have a feeling I'll be there much earlier than I should be, just looking up in awe at the front entrance.

I still find it amazing how few supports are holding up lifts these days. i305 blew my mind with its two supports and this may be even more impressive. I hope they film the topping-off.

Engineering is a wonderful thing! It's crazy what we can do nowadays... It's why I'm Civil, because these structures just fascinate me beyond belief!

Leviathan's lift hill & first drop have been connected. It TOWERS over the rest of the park. Pictures don't really give you a great perspective, it just has to be seen in person. It's so impressive!

Full photo update of Leviathan construction can be found here:

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=50171#p50171

1507070867_0457.thumb.JPG.731f4639c83504e0bab1b35f3ac4be60.JPG

2047805753_0457.thumb.JPG.06d189d3b60607d2361146158b03ad05.JPG

This picture is taken from Hwy 400 & Hwy 7. I think this gives a better perspective on how much taller Leviathan is over Behemoth.

And while this is getting built, we -poor Europeans- are still waiting for our first Giga to happen one day... I'm so envious of it. I think it's uneasy to imagine the scale of it all, just because of the XXL spine on the lift / drop but once on top, the view will just be extraordinary... once again: wow...

The two temporary supports should be removed some time this coming week. I believe the last piece was put in place between 4pm-5pm yesterday (and it gets dark here around 5pm now).

Hoping for another official construction tour within the next week or two so I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as that happens!

Oh ya, dinosaurs too:

811593496_0457.thumb.JPG.5870712b75eb5ee5490f74369a01d8e6.JPG

Edited by kunpc1