TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Posted Images

I was doing a random Google search for Dino Alive for CW and found something interesting that was on this site: http://www.net-electric.com/current-estimates.php

In the Google search snippets from the page, this is what it said:

E11-174, DINOSAURS ALIVE @ Canada's Wonderland, 2011-10-12 10:00:00

Judging by what they do, I'm going to guess that they've been contracted to do an electrical room or something for the attraction.

Dinosaurs Alive is most likely coming to Canada's Wonderland in 2012 just judging by the mass construction going on over in the kids area. The old Dolphin Theater was torn down followed by lots of land clearing surrounding that area, and what looks like a path near the snoopy area. I am going to go and take pictures on Saturday and hope I don't get beat up by kids' parents for taking pictures and videos in the snoopy area for construction lol

Youtube Channel is here, actual video of Leviathan construction coming soon & Dinosaurs Alive pictures on Sunday.

^They did that on October 1st and the difference is quite noticeable. Before the seats used to swing forward and back much more freely as compared to now.

The dampers were installed just after Labour Day however they weren't able to do full testing until the last week of September as this is when the winds finally picked up enough for them to test them properly. There's still some adjustments that need to be made but they've apparently made quite a difference.

So... Dinosaurs Alive at Canada's Wonderland next year???
- September 22, 2011.

Just sayin' is all... To all those unbelievers.

http://www.dinosaursalive.canadaswonderland.com/ Already been posted but it's a new page, aha wow!

Cedar Fair must really LOVE Canada's Wonderland, and it seems they have a new crown jewel Don't be jelous of us, you Cedar Point fans

Also, this really sic looking 3-D movie coming to the action theater! 10 minute long show! They give a teaser to the movie on the page to!

Also, this really sic looking 3-D movie coming to the action theater! 10 minute long show! They give a teaser to the movie on the page to!

Looks like it's the same as KI, which as long as it's included in the $5 and not an extra $2 on top of that, it's not bad.

I thought it would be interesting to point out a change at the bottom of the lift hill for Leviathan... The chain actually begins earlier at the drive tires as opposed to starting right at the incline. I think that this is a modification because of the incident a few years back at Behemoth where the lift hill motor broke. Having the chain starting horizontally would remove the initial shock/tug the chain gets.

PS. Wonderland probably found out about the Dino leak because someone just had to post it on Facebook.

I thought it would be interesting to point out a change at the bottom of the lift hill for Leviathan... The chain actually begins earlier at the drive tires as opposed to starting right at the incline. I think that this is a modification because of the incident a few years back at Behemoth where the lift hill motor broke. Having the chain starting horizontally would remove the initial shock/tug the chain gets.

PS. Wonderland probably found out about the Dino leak because someone just had to post it on Facebook.

Ya, if you look at CW's faebook page, around the time the site was bloked was also the same time that someone posted the DInosaurs Alive link....also its funny when you type in "Dinosaurs Alive Canada's Wonderland" on google, the official website is the third result in the list.

That looks like on wicked roller coaster! i've always been afraid of riding roller coaster, especially seeing those long thrilling ones but im excited to go her! Ive always planned a vacation at canada and im surely visiting Canada Wonderland soon! Looking forward to try all the rides, even the ones that scare me!LOL! hope to see you guys there! Lets all have fun and enjoy the rides!

Another Leviathan construction tour at CWMania:

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49750#p49750

I can confirm that WindSeeker is running with yellow/orange/red lights on the tower however the normal multi-colour display is running on the gondola. And a few scene on the mountain include a full moon at the top with a man walking around that turns into a warewolf, witches flying around on broomsticks, a large jack-o-lantern, lightning flashing on the mountain and skeletons hanging from different parts.

I'm sorry, but I just still don't see anything impressive about this coaster yet. I thought maybe construction would make it look massive, but it just looks like another hyper still...still waiting to be impressed.

I know what you mean. But honestly,they didn't do anything that different from their hyper designs. It's just bigger. There's really nothing about it thats amazing other than the fact thats its a giga.

I'm sorry, but I just still don't see anything impressive about this coaster yet. I thought maybe construction would make it look massive, but it just looks like another hyper still...still waiting to be impressed.

I know what you mean. But honestly,they didn't do anything that different from their hyper designs. It's just bigger. There's really nothing about it thats amazing other than the fact thats its a giga.

I 100% agree with both of you, maybe if it had that crazy turnaround that the PA hyper is suppose to be getting I'm not that impressed but I also wouldn't be mad if the WestCoast was gettting it.

I think once we all see the completed lift hill and drop, we'll see what it's really about. I'm also excited to see how good (or bad..) the airtime on those two smaller drops will be. This'll either be a huge success of an airtime B&M giga machine, or a failure that feels no different from Behemoth.