TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

If the chain on the coaster would ever break... CW would just get a new one. If it happened a second time, they probably would put a new one on again. If a third time were to come around... I think it would be a good idea for CW to consider replacing the chain lift with a cable lift during the next off-season.

But in the end... lets hope that it doesn't even happen once.

Well there are a lot of factors that would weigh in to something like this, but I think the only significant difference would have to be the strength of the motor; just to move the extra length of the chain, because the train's gonna weigh the same if not less than a typical hyper (only 8 rows), and gravity isn't going to change the taller the ride gets, so the same force will get the train moving the same speed up the lift, just for a longer period of time. Also, you take into account the stress on each individual chain link, which would be the same as any other hyper (again, 8 car train), which means the Leviathan chain should break about as many times as any typical B&M hyper coaster.

Server Error

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

My guess is they're probably just working on something with it.

...and if not????

^ You know, I ragged on Windseeker when it first opened and I first rode it, however the more and more I ride, the more I like it. Not so much as a ride per say, but as a great way to see the park and enjoy a great view.

If you have yet to do it, make sure you ride during night. I didn't believe it till I did myself, but totally different ride and I find it a lot scarier at that point as well.

I will be very surprised if the majority of the ride is not built by the time winter kicks in. They are really only being held back right now I think by the park still being open but they've done so much already. Think they are at 40%+ of footers or something being poured.

I make a prediction that by Mid to late November the lift will be done. Once Haunt closes, as good ol JR would say (wrestling reference for those who don't know) "Business is about to pick up".

^ You know, I ragged on Windseeker when it first opened and I first rode it, however the more and more I ride, the more I like it. Not so much as a ride per say, but as a great way to see the park and enjoy a great view.

If you have yet to do it, make sure you ride during night. I didn't believe it till I did myself, but totally different ride and I find it a lot scarier at that point as well.

I will be very surprised if the majority of the ride is not built by the time winter kicks in. They are really only being held back right now I think by the park still being open but they've done so much already. Think they are at 40%+ of footers or something being poured.

I make a prediction that by Mid to late November the lift will be done. Once Haunt closes, as good ol JR would say (wrestling reference for those who don't know) "Business is about to pick up".

Things that Leviathan really needs!

1. Replace that brake run with a helix and a few hills

2. Tunnel on bottom of first drop with fog

3. On-ride audio

4. Splashdown (It's a sea monster coaster, it needs water)

5. 1 feet taller to break the world record!

If those 5 things are not on Leviathan, then the ride is not perfect, but it is still a great ride!

Things that Leviathan really needs!

1. Replace that brake run with a helix and a few hills

2. Tunnel on bottom of first drop with fog

3. On-ride audio

4. Splashdown (It's a sea monster coaster, it needs water)

5. 1 feet taller to break the world record!

If those 5 things are not on Leviathan, then the ride is not perfect, but it is still a great ride!

1. The break run is long, and I'm sure there's a reason. One of the theories which I think may have some truth is the theory about I305's wheel problems and this is how B&M plans to solve it, with a longer breakrun to slow the ride down at a more relaxed pace to ease the wheels of gradually. Essentially, its a cool down for the wheels.

2. Money. This is already a very costly investment for Cedar Fair.

3. Once again, money. Trains with onboard audio are much more expensive to buy & maintain over time.

4. The location where it is to be built within the park would not allow for such a maneuver.

5.One foot? Try more like 25 ft.

Personally I'm looking forward to riding this as is....it's a B&M Giga!

Couldn't B&M just use magnetic brakes? Yeesh.

I'm pretty sure that B&M have been using magnetic brakes for a couple of years. I know that Krake has them and I think Raptor has them too. I just don't know since the train will probably be traveling at a higher speed than usual so they might or might not use them.