TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Windseeker is moving right on up! Well ahead of Cedar Point, and seemingly on par with Kings Island. 4 pieces went up in the last three days alone taking it up to 6. Here's a shot from the Wonderland Facebook page

const.jpg.a50fca57e42aeaf434fdb407562a54b2.jpg

6 Pieces up on Windseeker at CW as of Mar 30, 2011

constr2.jpg.2017cda4ad08d5ff3621e8730dcfd9d3.jpg

From earlier in the week, looking through Skyriders loop

constr3.jpg.492cf647074c954dd85e8ac5fe5be416.jpg

The cap piece has arrived

• 3 weeks later...

I thought they might be able to get it going by this weekend for the private events, but I guess not.

With the addition of those tube lights, the ride has become uglier (still not understanding the UFO). It probably looks good when it turns into a night light though.

^It should be interesting to see what develops in that area... does anyone know if Speed City was closed that day? I remember reading a rumor at CWMania that Speed City could be on the chopping block.

EDIT: After reading the quote again, it seems that the ride is still open for now. They have a wooden fence separating the area under construction from Speed City.

Edited by StarTrekGeek

^ I personally would not be disappointed. I think I did their go carts once. I'm wondering if Wild Beast would be removed as well. A GCI Racer sounds really nice for that area.

I suppose it doesn't make sense having go-carts if there's the Nascar thing down the road. Whatever they replace it with, I'm hoping they give it a theme that's remotely medieval.

On another note, Kings Island's Windseeker has all of it's seats installed. I was a little worried about not being able to ride it on Sunday, but the chances are looking better.

This is a massive area fenced off with buldozed dirt and markers. The sign reads "we are preparing for your future enjoyment" hehe yay!!!

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=30

goto page 3 int he 2012 thread and there's the photo I tried attaching the photo but it wouldn't let me.

Here you go! Should be an exciting season!

Wonderland.thumb.jpg.e2ec6d4971b55c3aa04b304605f9ff64.jpg

Photo Credit and thanks to Rye Rye at CWMania who took this pic on BMO day!

I thought they might be able to get it going by this weekend for the private events, but I guess not.

With the addition of those tube lights, the ride has become uglier (still not understanding the UFO). It probably looks good when it turns into a night light though.

Do you think they'll be open for Friday night/ Sunday?

Do you think they'll be open for Friday night/ Sunday?

Windseeker? I'll cautiously say yes, but I'm going with the mentality that it won't be.

Personally, I'm just excited to be going as a guest for the first time in years.

EDIT: Just announced on Facebook... "WindSeeker Update: Our new 301 foot (91.7M) high thrill machine will not be open for this weekend. Please check back next week for an update. Season Passholders don’t forget this Friday from 6pm-10pm is an exclusive night just for you before we open to the general public on Sunday."

^ I never found it that horrible, at least not as bad as the Predator at Darien Lake, but if they were to put a new woodie in there, like a GCI or a GG or an Intamin I would be very happy.

Canada's Wonderland

WindSeeker Update: Our new 301 foot (91.7M) high thrill machine will not be open for this weekend. Please check back next week for an update. Season Passholders don’t forget this Friday from 6pm-10pm is an exclusive night just for you before we open to the general public on Sunday.

Awww, looks like we'll be a bit delayed as well. I think it's all put together but testing hasn't started yet. No opening date provided.

This thread is lacking Windseeker pictures, so here are mine from opening day today. Sorry if the quality on some of them aren't that great, they were taken with my crappy Nokia phone.

Speaking of Mondials, Riptide cheaped us out on another spin. Getting ready for the last time around, we started going backwards, then it let go. After a minute, it lowered down to home, where we waited for another 5 minutes before they released us.

The park was surprisingly quiet today. We hit all of the major rides within three hours. Then I got ripped off by a slice of pizza and went home.

05082011066_low.thumb.jpg.a3e85008ecf16b5591fa1e217010710d.jpg

Honestly, it does not look 301' tall...

05082011069_low.jpg.653cefe3326bde8f133cbb179cdace0a.jpg

Taken from SkyRider's queue.

05082011070_low.jpg.042d0063f28ad387f4e717dc502631e0.jpg

There's something about the way it sits so close to the midway that's really appealing.

05082011071_low.jpg.af31e0354b7111a9476ce9d528eae9d4.jpg

I didn't get to see it move today, but the ride was buzzing with workers.

05082011072_low.jpg.6bea508eaddd139564b2996690535aff.jpg

I can't wait to hop into one of these. They look so open and free.

05082011073_low.jpg.dfe6539e91261e82031e4c2e36694562.jpg

I was actually hoping that the back of the seats would have those lights that are found on the other Mondials in the park. I didn't get to see the lights since I left in the afternoon, but I'm sure those lights that it has will make up for it.

Edited by asimowalk