TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a question.

I know that Behemoth is 230 ft tall, because it says it on Roller Coaster Databse, and it has a drop angle of 75 degrees, and hits 77 mph.

But Roller Coaster Database does not state how big the drop is. Is it 215 ft like Diamondback and Nitro? Or is it more or less?

Does anyone know?

Also, how tall is the second hill ( first air time hill / largest hill besides first drop )?

So, anything new with WindSeeker yet? Just wondering.

This picture of the site was posted to their Facebook page on Wednesday:

Thanks!

^ So it seems at all 4 Windseeker sites there is no upwards construction yet.. anyone know if any of the pieces have arrived

If you mean Canada's Wonderland, I don't know. If you mean all others, Kings Island got theirs the other day.

• 2 weeks later...

Canada's Wonderland announces Starlight Spectacular!!

Canada’s Wonderland celebrates its 30th birthday this summer with Starlight Spectacular, a million dollar light and sound experience. This innovative show will dazzle the senses when the fountain dances in up to 16,000,000 colours and International Street glitters with 300,000 LED lights.The highlight of the show is an unprecedented display of animated effects and 3D images which will transform Wonder Mountain to a spectacular canvas of colours.

From: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/events/event_detail.cfm?event_id=751&ec_id=12

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and added the logo from the announcement. Thanks for sharing this with us!

CW-Starlight-Spectacular-Logo.jpg.f7676e4c892c87492e1af2c4435126d3.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

I wonder if this light show will not reference the Peanuts at all? Its called just simply "Starlight Spectacular" instead of "Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" like Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Knotts, and Kings Island. I know Cedar Point's is just called "Starlight Experience" but it does include a ton of Peanuts stuff... Hmmm?

I can't wait to see what this actually turns out to be. Wonderland used to run an incredible nightly show called the Eruption, which used pyro to simulate Wonder Mountain erupting like a volcano. Not sure this will be on that level, but sounds like an upgraded light package being installed with the fountains and some projections on Wonder Mountain. There was a video on here of the new show at Magic Kingdom projecting on the castle and it looked pretty cool.

This will be a great addition to the park which is so crowded and could use an interactive way to cap off the day. Nice addition.