TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd provide a quick update on CW's Planet Snoopy for 2010.

As previously mentioned CW is getting capital with the changeover to Planet Snoopy and had previously announced 3 new kids rides and a new Snoopy Ice Show to go with the re-theming of the old Nick and HB rides.

The three new rides are:

Peanuts 500 - Zamperla Kids Whip, same as the one at Cedar Point

Snoopy's Revolution - A Kids sized Ferris Wheel

Lucy's Tugboat - A Zamperla Rockin' Tug

The re-theming details are online as well. Happy to see Ghoster Coaster retain it's name!

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=21

I'm working on a construction tour for CWMania.com and will keep you posted.

• 3 months later...

Not sure how many people know this, but Canada's Wonderland and Huss Rides installed the only Jump 2 a few years back.

http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=169

Since installation, the ride has been plagued with downtime. This culminated last year when the ride went down just after the season started and was left SBNO for the rest of the entire season. Many rumours went around stating the ride would be removed this off season. However, I am pleased to say that Sledgehammer is up and running once again. The ride cycle has been tweaked slightly but it's riding better than ever!

Hopefully the repairs done will prove to make this a reliable ride that other parks will consider installing in the future. Hopefully those of you that haven't had the chance to make it up North, will one day have a chance to try out this great thrill ride.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^ Since I wasn't familiar with this ride, I watched the video on the Huss site. I can see how it would have a lot of downtime, given all of the moving parts.

Also, note to self: don't ride this after eating.

Eric

^I wouldn't worry Eric, as impressive, badass, and awesome as it looks, it was one of the weakest flat rides I've ever been on. And I am NOT a good flat ride person!! I almost threw up after the Frisbee at the park, and their Top Spin is the most insane thing ever!

Seriously, the Jump 2, quite diappointing.

Glad it's back open though, I love to just watch it!

I was at the season pass preview night last night and was pleasantly surprised to find Sledgehammer back operating. Tragically, the cycle is as lame/boring as ever.

It seems like there is so much potential for awesomeness with the ride, but it's ruined by not really doing much of anything. That said, it still looks awesome in operation.

We do have an awesome lineup of flats/thrill rides!

Amen to that. I don't know of many parks that have a frisbee, top spin, top scan, Jump 2 (none, lol) and an Intamin drop tower. It was one of the things I would talk up about Wonderland pre-Behemoth.

Personally, I would rather see a Splashworks expansion for 2011 rather than a new coaster. The water park has been neglected for a looooong time and needs something new.

Though, I am in favour of tearing down Wild Beast in favour of a new wooden coaster. Or floorless coaster. Or parking lot.

Strange. I never knew Sledgehammer was ever SBNO until reading this thread. But anyways, I'm glad that Sledgehammer is back up as I enjoyed it during my visit and that the rumors of removing it during the off season weren't true.

^Me either.

The ride makes really cool sounds, and the double-drop is fun...but yeah, besides that, it's mostly just for looks. Glad to see it back in operation, though!

I'm glad to hear they finally got it reopened. I was lucky enough to ride it a few years ago and while I enjoyed it, I definitely prefer Delirium or Maxair (giant frisbee) to the Jump2. I agree with those who said the ride is fun, but it's more like eye candy than completely intense.

Wonderland has amazing flat rides though, like Psyclone and Cliffhanger, even a Mondial Top Scan so they're ok in my book.

^Hey, thanks for sharing. I love that ride and so glad someone else is excited about it being up again. I guess it's not so insane as to prevent a lot of families from riding together on it, which they tend to do quite often - from grandparents to grandkids.

Totally agree, just a few more awesome coasters! Maybe ship Flight Deck off to a park with a Batman. It worked for La Ronde

Here it is from this past Friday afternoon.

747963668_SPPN20102.jpg.adc41a5b070745d09d4935a467bfc0fd.jpg

1157994862_SPPN20103.jpg.d4cfc6e2321c15212ae0e6adbe469172.jpg

I was just about to ask if the Huss Jump 2 is related to the Huss Jumping...upon further research, it is--"Jumping" is AKA "Jump". I should've just assumed the obvious in the first place.

So Jump 2 is basically a floorless/inverted Jump. Which, by the way, is a decent ride, but not as amazing as I would've hoped. But then again, it doesn't look quite as impressive in the first place as a Jump 2, so I guess it's less likely to be a disappointment.

It's a very odd ride. Looks much more intense than it really is.

If this ride was sold on sheer excitement alone, I can see why this is the only one ever built. But the maintenance issues sound like they provide a better reason.

I have to agree with the others have said here.

I watched it for about 30 minutes and decided not to ride while my friends did. They got off extremely disappointed, so I had to try it.

Yeah, it looks MUCH more impressive than it really is.

It's not intense but it's definitely a fun ride that you can re-ride (unlike some flats out there). The sounds and visuals from this ride are definitely a show-stopper. People watch it go all the time.

From what I've been told, it's VERY difficult to program this ride. It can take months to get it exactly the way they want it. So unfortunately they can't just pre-program a bunch of different ride cycles and mix them up.

• 1 month later...

So there's been a lot of drama surrounding fan sites for Canada's Wonderland lately. I think it's time to open up a great chat right here on TPR! There's LOTS of Canadians on this site, so I think it's time we start chatting about Canada's largest amusement park. There's lots going on around the park this year and potential signs of work for years to come. Let's talk about our home park and have a spot for those who have never visited to ask any questions they may have.

Apparently the park in considering holding an official enthusiast event this year! I know Club TPR has already mentioned any future events and it looks like it will actually happen! Hopefully all pulls through and more Wonderland Donkey Lovers will get to visit my home park.

They're tearing down that dolphin aquarium in the back of the park and footers can be seen following that aquarium behind ghoster coaster...

I haven't heard anything about footers being poured. I know some survey markers have been spotted there and in Vortex Lake, but those were spotted in May and no work has really been seen since.

The only thing I'm confident about is that it won't be a flat ride. We already have pretty much everything already, so unless something new has just hit the market, it would (hopefully) be a new coaster. All I want is a decent wooden coaster for the park. That would be nice.