TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

That's going to be sad to see Hanna-Barbara go, they're a huge reason why the park was built in the first place. Anyone else feel more of a tie to Hanna Barbara characters than Peanuts growing up? It's cool to see that they're going with a classic regardless.

But then having Nick characters with Hanna Barbara kept things current and it seemed like a good balance save for the licensing issues.

Hope it works out and glad to hear that they're adding more rides, that part of the park is the busiest of all.

I agree a sad day, the park is still hurting from removing the Surfs for the generic "kidzville".

As a memeber on the verge of having my own kids, it saddens me that they will never get the joy of enjoying a blue smurf ice cream or riding in the amazing HB themed merry-go-round, shark seat was the best. And I am super afraid that will rebrand the ghoster coaster.

I am hoping that the scobbydo license is seperate due to the new ride.

A sad sad day.

I am quite sad to see that they are re-branding the Hanna Barbara Land section of the park. I wonder if the Scooby Doo Shooting Dark Ride will be re-themed in the process. Although, Ghoster Coaster should remain the same theme because it is no longer "HB" related as the park dropped "Scooby Doo" from the name 2 seasons ago.

But the real question still remains... Will the Rainbow Bridge be removed???

Good for them. It's about time Cedar Fair did another Camp Snoopy/Planet Snoopy children's area. Hopefully, they can squeeze a little more out of it than Cedar Point did, creatively.

Wonder if they'll use this makeover to move the Nick rides out of the back of the park and remove the old Saltwater Circus theater? That could make for a big expansion area.

Could this be in the works for CGA as well? For them, it could be a cheap re-(de-?)theming, that's for sure. This will probably come to Carowinds and King's Dominion next-next year (read: 2011). I can't imagine them throwing these popping up next to these park's two big, new coasters.

you guys are such optimist. Most of the younger kids don't know who snoopy is. I asked my cousin who 11 about Sailor Moon (an anime from the 90's for you old people), she didn't know who she is. Snoopy is older than that and I doubt that even she will know that rather than a kid.

I'm really curious to see CGA's make-over with Snoopy. I know that most of the Nick props are what I like to refer to as 'cardboard cutouts' and can easily be taken down but rides that have shells or components that are specifically themed (Spongebob's Boat Mobiles breakdancer ride a great example, has an under sea theme, has themed fiberglass shells/caps over the hubs, giant Spongebob on top of main hub). Let's also not forget the rain maze and squirting oil rig.

Sorry, not trying to divert this topic to CGA's future, I'm just curious to how my home park's going to take on this makeover.

I agree with comments about how kids don't know Snoopy. At least with HB, a lot of those shows are still on Cartoon Network/Boomerang. Even Bernstain Bear Country that a few CF parks had in the 90's would have been better to keep it as that rather than changing to Camp Snoopy since the Bernstain Bears also still have a somewhat new TV series that is still shown.

It will be interesting how the all of those rides will be rethemed, especially the ones that have extensive theming i.e. Scooby Doo dark ride at CW, the Cartoon Carousels, Spongebob's Boatmobiles at CGA. Hmmm, if CGA got like a spinning family coaster like KBF's, I suppose the makeover wouldn't be so bad. The only thing that I worry about is that CGA will (yet again) be getting not very much (and no new coaster.....again).

I have a hunch this will be a chain-wide move. I expect to see similar announcements from KI & KD soon.

I agree but not until 2011 or 2012 for KD.

I agree that KD would probably do the switch but KI make take a while. Remember, Nickelodeon Universe had won awards for best THEMED kids area and Cedar Fair might not be willing yet to give it up.