TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

The next week should be the bank days. The park is rented out to major Canadian banks for their employees and their families.

I was going to post, "I use a major Canadian bank! Can I go?!" and then I realized - I don't even use one... damnit, I'm so screwed!

Because I have rode a lot of coasters, and have rode Behemoth.

And I really don't see it being as good as they are hyping it.

It's a very good ride. But in my opinion I don't see it as this crazy airtime machine, top ranked ride.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's the beauty of free speech...My last ride the ride op locked the lap bar tighter then my first two rides, however i still had great airtime.

Don't get me wrong, the drop, hill and speed of MF is better, but for me, airtime is what I crave and this was an airtime machine...I have been on a lot of coasters as well, and comparing it to MF (which is still ranked high up there on the lists) it was a more fun experience for me due to the airtime...

Everyone has what they like, and I am not saying that anyone has to agree...but regardless, it is a great ride and not a single person walked out there disliking it or being angry they waited for 3 or 4 hrs.

Let me just say, Behemoth is AWESOME! It is SO much faster than in the videos! Ejector airtime on ALL hills, even the first drop. This beast is so intense my vision was blurred. The helix is actually very forceful. I sat in car 2, outside right seat. The trains are not bad at all, and I'm working on getting the pictures that I took, uploaded onto flickr.

I'm sorry but..... LMAO...

Let me just say, Behemoth is AWESOME! It is SO much faster than in the videos! Ejector airtime on ALL hills, even the first drop. This beast is so intense my vision was blurred. The helix is actually very forceful. I sat in car 2, outside right seat. The trains are not bad at all, and I'm working on getting the pictures that I took, uploaded onto flickr.

Yeah sounds like a bit of an overstatement... just a bit.

Although I can't particularly refute the statement, since I didn't ride last night because WHOA THE LINE WAS SO INTENSE IT WAS LIKE A MILLION HOURS LONG! I swear 3/4 of the country of Canada came to ride this BEAST! The security was being so forceful with line jumpers, they were throwing them out so high and hard that they got MAXIMUM AIRTIME!!! I should have the pictures streaming from my cell phone onto Flickr at any moment!

Yeah it was really packed. Just think though, those THOUSANDS of people, all have season passes. That's a LOT of money . I only rode it once and it was really good, but maybe next time I need to get a few more rides in . I was just really excited when I was posting that lol. The seats are so comfortable, I love it. I hope y'all can get up to Canada and ride this behemoth!

^ Please don't tell me you just typed out Y'all. And here I was thinking you were Canadian. Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to trying it out next sunday. I plan on getting there early and bolting straight for the ride with the masses. It seems really weird though having the week off between preview night and opening day. I always thought that they did the preview night on the friday, bank day saturday, and then opening day on the sunday. Do you think they spread it out longer this year to get extended hype from the previews? It just doesn't make sense to me. I'd love to find out if the park is open (just not to the "public") tomorrow and next saturday as well.

TWO people on CWMania also mentioned that Behemoth is better than Millennium Force.

lets just hope it keeps that streak going

SO is Nitro and Apollos chariot lol. Millennium Force isn't the god of coasters. Its not even in my top ten. Its good but its just boring after the drop.

*Glances at b&mforever's username*

Ah.. it all makes sense now.

Joking aside, it looks like a really nice coaster! Definitely not something I feel compelled to rush out to Canada for, but it's a great addition to the park! Lets hope it keeps running as good as everyone says it is.

Yeah sounds like a bit of an overstatement... just a bit.

Honestly, it's not an understatement...The airtime really was that good...the first hill and then the first hill after the hammerhead turn are the best...but for all 3 rides I got on yesterday the airtime was great...

The line at the end of the night was estimated to be 3hr30min - 4hrs...we got in the line just before they closed the line off...we ended up getting on in 2hr 10min...they ran all 3 trains very well and I think that helped as well...we got on so quick in fact that were were off the ride by 9:40 and the line was still open still open so we ran back in for a thrid ride, which ended up being the last train of the night.

It was a great way to end the night, pulling back into the station our train tried the "One More Time" chant...didn't work but it was a good effort.

Overall, I'd give the ride a 9 or 9.5 out of 10...only thing that slightly hurts it is just as the helix gets forcefull it pulls out...wish it could've gone a little longer on the helix but airtime everywhere...and good forces on the hammerhead...

But like I said, people view rides differently however I haven't heard one bad review yet. CW finally has a winner on it's hand and I think the TPR guys will now have a better reason to come up here other then the crazy donut flipper

I can't imagine it having anything more than forceful floater air. There's no way that B&M's perfectly parabolic camel backs can produce ejector air unless the train is run over them at a ridiculous speed. The trims are in place to stop that from happening.

At this point I'm much more inclined to side with the reviews from people like Carnage and 307 who both have extensive coaster counts, compared to people who've only been to 3-4 parks. All the same though, it's just personal opinion anyways. While I loved every bit of Voyage, I know there are people out there who simply thought it was too intense and were turned off by that.

If only they could merge the donut flipper and Behemoth...

Also, did anyone else see how disgusting the Bat is going to be? Hooooooooly crap.

At this point I'm much more inclined to side with the reviews from people like Carnage and 307 who both have extensive coaster counts, compared to people who've only been to 3-4 parks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but my opinions thus far are based entirely on watching it run. I wasn't about to wait three hours for it last night. I'll wait 'till the line dies down somewhat before I take the plunge.

That said I don't think I've actually made any comments about how the ride is running other than my observations from off-ride.

LIFE CYCLE OF A "NEW COASTER" THREAD ON TPR

1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype.

2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video.

3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.

4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!

6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.

7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!

9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.

10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.

11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.

12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.

13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.

14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.

It's startling how on the money that cycle is and just how many different new coasters it can be based off of.

How many coasters have bucked the trend and not followed the cycle?

Edit: 500th post, after a mass spree today. Huzzah.

^ I know you haven't made any comments on how it's riding. I was just using you as another example of someone who I know to be fairly well travelled and can give a more unbiased review of the ride.

Sure, I haven't been on hundreads of coasters around the world, however, my opinion is not biased. I like what I like...and from what I've ridden (Cedar Point, Darien Lake, Great Escape, La Ronde, and Kings Island), this is tops for me. Not cause it's my home park, not cause it's our first major coaster, and not because of anything other then the fact that essentially from start to finish (MCBR and helix excluded) it's a fun ride.

Trust me, the time leading up to the day I'd finally be able to ride this, I started to be very skeptical..."was the air going to be good? Was the wait going to be worth it? Will the new seating layout work in favor or against?". I went on without expecting anything close to what I'VE been on. MY expectations were exceeded...having been able to ride three times, once on each train nontheless...I can say from MY view it was better, as I've said, then anything else due mainly for the airtime.

BTW, yes it is floater air and not ejector air, but lots of it. Air is air in my point of view. Someone coaster count, big or small, or someone's home park or not, shouldn't have influence on anyone's review. I can't speak for others who have only been to just CW who are going to be nothing but praise as they've never seen anything like this in their life, but for myself who has been on what, for many enthusiasts, is a top 10 if not top 3 coaster (being MF), I am happy with what CF has done here, even though I argue that this year was a poor year to build something like this as CW still has issues handling huge crowds, was excellent.

Good on CF!

Good on B&M!

And if all the B&M Hyper rumors for KI come to life, then one can only hope that their coaster will be as good as ours.

Just to clarify, my views and reviews are not based on home park bias, but simlpy on what I, as a rider and lover of coasters, likes.

I am sure you will enjoy it a lot once you ride it. Well, up to the MCBR at least

BTW, yes it is floater air and not ejector air, but lots of it. Air is air in my point of view. Someone coaster count, big or small, or someone's home park or not, shouldn't have influence on anyone's review.

Ahh, but see there is a big difference between floater and ejector air.

Yes, Behemoth is good, and has a good amount of floater air. I was just kind of surprised when people started raving saying that every hill had mass amounts of ejector air. After riding it a day before, I was just having trouble seeing it. Even if it had picked up speed with full trains.

Sorry if I lumped you in with my general comment of "hometown bias".

All pointless bickering aside, the park does finally have a really good coaster.

Ahmen to that...well, the first two rides I found myself out of my seat from the top of each hill to the bottom...which I loved.

Question to those who have ridden more B&M's with trims...I didn't feel the trims kicking in too much, except a bit on the hill right after the hammerhead, anyone know if the trims were heavy or light compared to the rest out there?

Your video would be better if the song selection wasn't so horribly depressing. It's supposed to be an exciting coaster video, it shouldn't make me want to go sit in a corner and cut myself! I'm not lampooning your personal taste in music, I'm just saying the song you chose was poor for this specific purpose. Also, too much lift hill!

Your video would be better if the song selection wasn't so horribly depressing. It's supposed to be an exciting coaster video, it shouldn't make me want to go sit in a corner and cut myself! I'm not lampooning your personal taste in music, I'm just saying the song you chose was poor for this specific purpose. Also, too much lift hill!

Not a fan of the All-American Rejects I assume?

I'm not a big fan of slideshow videos, I'd prefer to just look at a trip report, but you had some nice shots in there, good job.