TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Behemoth is now testing. The train is apparently going slow through the helix, but doesn't slowness happen with all first tests? Take Led Zeppelin: The Ride for example.

Maybe they were testing with the trims and the MCBR on fairly hard. With so many brakes before the helix, I'm sure they'll be able to get it going faster if they want to.

I didn't know they could test run in such cold weather.

It's actually been pretty warm the last few days. So even though there's snow on the ground, it wasn't nearly as cold as you'd think in that video.

I'm sure they would have no problem testing even if the temps were below zero. Snow though would cause a problem.

The train is long, but the ride looks awesome, and so do the cars. That last hill after the helix's looks like it'll have some sweet ejector air.

During the summer when temperatures heat up i bet they'll be using those trims to slow the trains down, its already going considerably fast, they're really gonna be moving when the heat comes along.

Very nice pictures!

I was driving home from work [which is across the street from Wonderland], and thought, "Hmmm, maybe I should go check out Behemoth." So I pulled a u-turn in the middle of a street and drove back to check it out. Lo and behold, I pulled into the Wonderland parking lot and Behemoth is heading up the lift hill!

Very pleasant surprise.

Looks really sleek running through the track, the curves can be described as "majestic", and the roar! That is a roar that I love. It was hauling ass through a few sections [the final bunny hops, most notably], and I think there will be a nice pop of air on a couple of the bigger hills [floater at best]. Hopefully they don't hammer the brakes too much.

I've sort of help my expectations at bay for this thing, but I think the testing looks pretty promising. The trains look a lot better than I expected and I think this thing has solid pacing. I really hope I can get a chance to get to Canada sometime soon!

Judging by the looks of the video alone, I am assuming that the ride will be mostly "flejector" air (more than floater, less than ejector) with some nice ejector on the bunny hops at the end. But the valleys will probably pull some REALLY nice positive G's. The back seat should get a nice prolonged set of airtime at the top of the lift, making the frist drop very good.

But, on a side note, this proves the fact that coasters can be run in the snow, at least around 30 degrees - so that PROVES Darien Lake can run on my birthday. (March 23, and it rarely gets below freezing in late March for us people in Central New York, even.)

-Tanks "I want to ride a roller coaster on my birthday" 4me05.

But, on a side note, this proves the fact that coasters can be run in the snow, at least around 30 degrees - so that PROVES Darien Lake can run on my birthday. (March 23, and it rarely gets below freezing in late March for us people in Central New York, even.)

Well those testing videos were probably with temps in the low 40s.

It might run in those temps, but I don't think it'd be all that comfortable. The wind chill would probably be brutal.

I'll gladly wait about a month before riding.

Riding the coasters at Cedar Point and Wonderland last October in 5-10 degree (40-50 for you Imperial people) weather was bad enough! It's been hovering at about 1-2 these last few days, so not what I'd call ideal coaster conditions. There would be far too many people turned away by the cold for Wonderland to justify operating the park in that weather. All (okay, most) of the year round parks are in Florida and California for a reason!

I'm just hoping that all the snow will be gone by opening day! We're less than 10cm away from the all time record, so who knows how long it will take for this stuff to melt.