TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

It actually seems smaller or about the same size as the helix on Goliath at SFOG. I will be impressed by this coaster only if there are extremely positive reviews after it. Behemoth doesn't look like a bad coaster but it seems very overrated already. And I hate the new trains. Who wants to yell to their friend on a coaster just to have a conversation?

Do people seriously talk on coasters? It's usually screaming in the first place.

It actually seems smaller or about the same size as the helix on Goliath at SFOG. I will be impressed by this coaster only if there are extremely positive reviews after it. Behemoth doesn't look like a bad coaster but it seems very overrated already. And I hate the new trains. Who wants to yell to their friend on a coaster just to have a conversation?

People scream on coasters most of the time, not talk the whole ride. And how can you talk on a hyper coaster that goes at almost 80 mph?

^^Exactly. I don't get what the point of the new trains are. What advantage do they give over the usual inline 4, or 2x2 on most coasters? I personally like sitting right next to my friends too. I don't necessarily have conversations, but I like having the ability to interact. The Behemoth trains just seem very gimmicky.

Maybe it's a special talent but I love having conversations on coasters. And let's say that a couple want to ride. Why would they want to be separated? Maybe they wanted to hold hands. And what is the advantage to having this disadvantage? I'm not trying to attack Behemoth, but I'm curious.

Then they sit in the front two seats.

I don't really see the fuss about the new trains. So what if they're different. If you really want to have a conversation with someone sit in the front two seats. And besides, those back two seats aren't so far apart that you wouldn't be able to say something to the person sitting there.

I'm curious how the new stadium seating will affect the ride itself. I'm a big fan of the Intamin hyper trains, and these seem kind of like B&Ms version of them. (except with the extra space between the back two seats).

If it rides well, and produces good airtime in those back two seats, then who cares if a few people are upset that they can't have annoying conversations with each other.

If there was a logical reason for the prototype change, I could understand more.

The reason for this is in the press release. "Intensifying the action packed adventure, the ride will feature prototype open-air seating that will allow all riders to experience an unobstructed view of all the thrills and excitement on one of North America's best coasters."

^Exactly. And I think they will, heres why:

If there was a logical reason for the prototype change, I could understand more. I just don't understand why they are changing something that seems already great.

I don't think the B&M sitdown trains are that great at all for a couple reasons. The 4 across seating doesn't provide the "open air" feeling, and the seatbacks are so high, the view was horrible.

Another reason is if you look at this picture, I think a big reason why most B&M coasters like this one are so tame, is because of where the seats are positioned--directly above the wheels, It affects a lot of the airtime and positioning of the cars while they're riding the track.

With these prototype seats, the seats are positioned between the wheels, much like most Intamin hyper trains, which I really think will improve the overall experience of the ride. Also, the spread out V seating, will provide a better view and a more "open ride" feeling.

In my opinion, these seats will definitely make the ride experience improve. In fact, I don't see how they couldn't!

I don't get why people are praising a coaster that's not even open!

It's the same logic. I'm not bashing the coaster. I'm bashing the trains. If there was a logical reason for the prototype change, I could understand more. I just don't understand why they are changing something that seems already great.

I don't really see a whole lot of praising going on here. In fact the reaction to this ride has been very luke warm after the initial hype wore off.

Most of the people I see talk about the ride are more being "cautiously optimistic".

But you're criticizing trains that aren't even on site yet. You really have no idea what they will look/ride like. None of us do. For all you know the new trains could be awesome.

Should probably wait until at least you get some first hand accounts of the ride to make an opinion.

With these prototype seats, the seats are positioned between the wheels, much like most Intamin hyper trains, which I really think will improve the overall experience of the ride. Also, the spread out V seating, will provide a better view and a more "open ride" feeling.

I'm not holding my breath for extreme -g forces on a B&M coaster.

Like many in the thread, I'm cautiously optimistic. I find it frustrating that these B & M hypers have layouts to die for but so little force, and I'm always wishing if only they had Intamin trains on those tracks. The new train design looks like it would logically increase the forces but we'll see.