TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think Thorpe Park should build a ride like Behemoth for their 2009 coaster as Britain's first B&M Mega coaster, and its got freaked out Deja Vu-like seats

If they do, don't expect it to be very high. As I understand, Stealth was a one-off thing, and Thorpe won't be building anything much taller then 100 feet ever again. And besides that, there 2009 coaster is pretty much confirmed to be a B&M Flyer.

I think the complainers need to step back from their keyboards and take a deep breath.... I fail to see what the problem is. Take away TTD and Kingda Ka and we are pretty much (give or take a couple spots) getting a coaster in the top 15 for speed, height, and length. Out of hundreds of coasters...it's not too shabby.

As for the trains....everyone is going to be getting a fairly un-obstructed view... and just think how wild it will be to sit in the back seat basically hanging off the side of the train with nothing around you.

Coasters will always get bigger and badder....this goes for Wonderland's future installments too...until then just relax and enjoy the great ride we are getting.

on the website, it indicates that the 'coaches' are prototype, should that mean if the trains don't operate properly they'll have to get standard seating?

I dont see any reasons why the trains shouldnt operate properly. Its just a different seating arrangement, it doesnt use any technical stuff that the world has never seen before....

I find the shouting down of "complainers" far more annoying and worrisome than any of the actual "complaints" that I've read so far. Isn't the whole point of a message board to discuss things? It'd be a pretty dull discussion if it was nothing but "It looks like a ride we'll all have to experience before we can discuss anything about it" comments.

Some people think it looks great. Some people don't. Some are somewhere in the middle. This happens with every new announcement and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I do think that more impressive looking rides (i.e., the bigger ones) get held to a higher standard around here because everyone is looking for the next "greatest ride ever" and they're naturally drawn to whatever it is that they think is going to keep that ride from being just that.

As good of advice as it may ultimately be, many of the "reserve judgment" folks come off as trying to win some kind of argument by default: "It's gonna be great! Oh, you don't think so? Well, you don't get to have an opinion until you ride it."

I wonder if Paul Reubens has a message board...?

Electerik

Constable of Contrarianism

i agree with most of what you said Electerik. It wouldnt be a very fun discussion if noone gave their opinions. However, there a few nincumpoops that complain about every big ride that is in the works. Noone complains when Mystery Mine or Griffon (a unoriginal concept) was announced but everyone complains when Cedar point announced Maverick or when Behemoth was announced. i guess your point about bigger parks and bigger rides getting held to a higher regard makes some sense. However I would take Maverick or Behemoth over any of those two rides and I think 99% of park fans would agree. So those controversial rides usually end up being very good rides.

iNoone complains when Mystery Mine or Griffon (a unoriginal concept) was announced but everyone complains when Cedar point announced Maverick or when Behemoth was announced.

Bullshit, plenty of people complained.

There is no way this ride will be better than Sheikra. L=Just look at the video. What an ugly looking ride!!!!

WTF? I don't want TWO immelmans, give me an Immelman and a cobraroll or something!

if BGE was my home park, i would be kinda pissed. Yes, Griffon will be a really fun coaster, but it is basically a clone of Sheikra except with a second immelmann...

So stupid.....

They have a great concept and once again kill it with a terrible layout. Drop, Immelmann, turn, brakes, drop, Immelmann, splash, helix, done.

^Wes you can't use logic on this site with people. Don't you realize that 95% of the members here are never wrong.

BTW no way in the world would 99% of the people want Maverick over those other 2 rides. Griffon ruled and unthemed Euro Fighter's are awesome so that one must be really cool.

Rich "I can't get away from this thread" Bitner

iNoone complains when Mystery Mine or Griffon (a unoriginal concept) was announced but everyone complains when Cedar point announced Maverick or when Behemoth was announced.

bull$#!%, plenty of people complained.

There is no way this ride will be better than Sheikra. L=Just look at the video. What an ugly looking ride!!!!

WTF? I don't want TWO immelmans, give me an Immelman and a cobraroll or something!

if BGE was my home park, i would be kinda pissed. Yes, Griffon will be a really fun coaster, but it is basically a clone of Sheikra except with a second immelmann...

So stupid.....

They have a great concept and once again kill it with a terrible layout. Drop, Immelmann, turn, brakes, drop, Immelmann, splash, helix, done.

Those are week comments and are nothing compared to the abuse Maverick and Bohemeth have taken. Sorry, its not even close.

And as for the other guy, Mystery Mine would be shot down at any major park such as SFMM, SFGADV, CP, etc. It isnt that thrilling and it has a few elements that make it thrilling. However, I agree that it is a perfect ride for Dollywood.

Those are week comments and are nothing compared to the abuse Maverick and Bohemeth have taken. Sorry, its not even close.

You said no one complained about those rides, I proved you wrong with examples. Doesn't matter what degree of "harshness" the complaints were, they WERE complaints, and there's pages upon pages more from old threads.

People have complaints about every new ride, it's not limited to the bigger ones at bigger parks. Get used to it.

And as for the other guy, Mystery Mine would be shot down at any major park such as SFMM, SFGADV, CP, etc. It isnt that thrilling and it has a few elements that make it thrilling. However, I agree that it is a perfect ride for Dollywood.

Magic Mountain is a major park?

bull$#!%, plenty of people complained.

So stupid.....

Hence proving my point about no one admitting they are wrong.

So at CP you are saying Disaster Transport is more thrilling. SFGADV you are giving the thrilling nod to Rolling Thunder and at SFMM it must be Revolution I guess. That is a silly comment as not every ride at any park is all about the thrills. Go cry in your Maverick shirt CF fanboy.

LOL You are a nerd! First off im not CP fan boy, in fact i have only been there once this year. Secondly Mystery mine is a great ride at Dollywood, it wouldn't be at any of the parks I talked about before. Only super geeks like you would perfer either of those 2 coasters over Maverick, Behemoth, or Tatsu. Most people that visit theme parks go to ride thrilling, state of the art coasters such as Maverick or Tatsu. The truth is you are just one of those people that are jealous of Cedar Point and wish it was your home park. You make me laugh!

btw- Don't assume people are CP fan boys just because they like the park and their collection of rides. People come from all over to experience cedar Point. They must be doing something right.

wow this has gotten out of hand...I clicked the topic for maybe a contruction update...instead I weed through pages of CP fanboys trashin the ride and other rides of its magnitude...

I have to agree, this thread is an abomination...

ANYWAYS, I wonder how construction is doin...last I heard stuff was onsite and they were makin a clearing. Has anyone had a chance to go up and check for footers?

LOL You are a nerd! First off im not CP fan boy, in fact i have only been there once this year. Secondly Mystery mine is a great ride at Dollywood, it wouldn't be at any of the parks I talked about before. Only super geeks like you would perfer either of those 2 coasters over Maverick, Behemoth, or Tatsu. Most people that visit theme parks go to ride thrilling, state of the art coasters such as Maverick or Tatsu. The truth is you are just one of those people that are jealous of Cedar Point and wish it was your home park. You make me laugh!

btw- Don't assume people are CP fan boys just because they like the park and their collection of rides. People come from all over to experience cedar Point. They must be doing something right.

Do you mean the same CP that is less then 4 hours from my house and I visit once every year. That same Cedar Point since you seem to know so much about me.

Also if MOST people go to parks to ride thrilling state of the art coasters then how do place like Knoebels, Indiana Beach and hundreds of other little parks around the world survive.