TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Canada's Wonderland took a proven formula and added some height along with an 85 degree drop. Wanting a different layout = wanting a crappier ride.

I have to agree with most of that. The formula that they have seems to be pretty freakin' good on paper. It is just a matter of seeing just how good it is when it is built. However, I guess people can have their opinion on the layout if they want to. I have to say that I love the layout and I think it is very good. I wouldn't necessarily say that a different kind of layout would make a worse ride. I'm sure there are things that could be done to make the ride different and better. I just personally think that the way it is now makes for a pretty neat ride experience - like I said, on paper.

To me the point of a hyper coaster is for airtime, and this ride should have plenty of it! There are enough twists and turns to keep me happy (that turnaround and the helix both look fairly intense!) along with all the airtime hills!

Again, I like the layout, the trains intrigue me atleast, and the name (while cheesy) atleast has some comedic value to it!

Woah, I just realized this, there is a trim brake on every hill after the hammerhead turn, and before the MCBR, except the hill leading in to the MCBR, wow, thats gonna suck.

Woah, I just realized that the logo and the colors are almost exactly like Goliath.

Woah, those new trains are weird! They are like Deja Vu's trains. I don't know if I like them. What was B&M thinking?

Woah, those new trains are pretty cool! The seating is so different, like Deja Vu.

Woah, this ride will be an awesome addition to CW.

Woah, this ride is gonna suck, the layout looks boring.

Dang it Wes now we have nothing left to say.

Seriously people stop repeating everything a million times. Add to that fact that most of you have another 7 years before you leave your parents basement, let alone make it to Canada.

Rich "You're not going next year anyway so why do you care" Bitner

Woah, I just realized this, there is a trim brake on every hill after the hammerhead turn, and before the MCBR, except the hill leading in to the MCBR, wow, thats gonna suck.

Woah, I just realized that the logo and the colors are almost exactly like Goliath.

Woah, those new trains are weird! They are like Deja Vu's trains. I don't know if I like them. What was B&M thinking?

Woah, those new trains are pretty cool! The seating is so different, like Deja Vu.

Ummm...almost as tall as Goliath, but I don't have to go to Magic Mountain and since it's a B&M maybe I won't grey out like Jeremy Piven on Entourage....

Ugh! Now theres nothing left to say!

I've ridden Deja Vu at SFGAm, and thought the seating was weird... so it will be neat to see that seating method on a straddle-type coaster. On the other hand, people (families/friends) like to be together as much as possible, wo I have a feeling the 1-2-1 setup might get cold reception from the public.

IMO if Cedar Fair builds another B&M hyper, I hope they go back to the 4-across method, especially with Kings Island rumored to get one in '09. It was nice for KI to finally get a 4-across coaster, albeit a Vekoma flyer.

But in the end, congratulations to Cedar Fair, the former Paramount Parks, and Canada's Wonderland for getting what should be a smash hit of a coaster! This leaves two of the former PP parks to not have a B&M, and that might dwindle to one next year, as GL's Dominator is rumored to move to KD.

^It actually looks to me like the trains are thinner. If you look at it, the mounts of the lap bars for the outside seats are right next to the bases of the inside seats, so it's like the outside seats will be slightly shadowing the inner seats. I don't really expect the track gauge to change, but it definitely looks to me like the trains are a little thinner.

Ok, so my thoughts: I like the name, a lot! I'm not a fan of the boxy logo, though. The 1 x 2 x 1 train design seems dumb to me but I love how it makes the train so lengthy. Back seat rides on this should be awesome!

The layout does seem pretty nifty but there's nothing really unique about it. I like the first drop with the slight turn at the bottom. I'm holding judgement on the trims until we see what the park does with them.

This ride does make me want to visit the park, though!

-Dane "I'd be more excited for GCI wood!" Massie