TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I have to give props to Cedar Fair for giving this ride to a park that (IMO) prior to this year, sucked.

I was kind of hoping when CF bought Paramount that they would put money into the park, instead of using it as a cash cow like Paramount did.

Considering CW out performs (at least in attendance) KI and CP, it's about time we got something good.

To be honest, I was skeptical that this would ever happen. I figured the park would continue to get nothing due to lack of competition. So I'm pleasantly surprised.

When was the last time you guys got a coaster? 05. You also got one in 04. When was the last time GA got a coaster? 01, a wild mouse. I'd say it would be about time GA got something like this. You're saying Paramount used it as a cash cow? GA is now the most expensive CF park and gets what? Not anything major like this.

Ok, I'm done. But also to some people, why can't I not like the name? I'm not complaining because it doesn't affect me, but can you believe all of those poor GP who will be mispronouncing the name or don't know what it means?

I think this looks incredible. Judging by the video there's plenty of airtime to be had, and a backseat ride on a train that long over a drop that steep is going to be insane. Whenwill they put a trim right at the top to let the train drag over?

As far as the trains go, they're interesting. I don't think they'll be as much of a problem as some people think. Give them a chance, who knows, it could be really cool.

-Nick

I just realized (though I'm sure it's of no real importance to anyone here) with Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland will be second to Cedar Point in number of coasters in one park (along with Magic Mountain of course).

I'm not complaining because it doesn't affect me

You are technically complaining though.

but can you believe all of those poor GP who will be mispronouncing the name or don't know what it means?

That is about as likely as somebody mispronouncing or not knowing what Goliath or Mammoth means.

Nice looking Out n Back Hyper Coaster from B&M, good open train design which will get more people scared on those long drops.

The ending looks a bit of a flat one though, could of had lots more bunny hops / banked stall turns with some tunnels before slamming the brake run.

The meaning and history of "Behemoth":

The word is most likely a plural form of בהמה (bəhēmāh), meaning beast or large animal. It may be an example of pluralis excellentiae, a Hebrew method of expressing greatness by pluralizing a noun; it thus indicates that Behemoth is the largest and most powerful animal.

Metaphorically, the name has come to be used for any extremely large or powerful entity.

In Jewish belief, Behemoth is the primal unconquerable monster of the land, as Leviathan is the primal monster of the waters of the sea and Ziz the primordial monster of the sky.

There is a legend that the Leviathan and the Behemoth shall hold a battle at the end of the world. The two will finally kill each other, and the surviving men will feast on their meat.

According to midrash recording traditions, it is impossible for anyone to kill a behemoth except for the person who created it, in this case the God of the Hebrews. A later Jewish haggadic tradition furthermore holds that at the banquet at the end of the world, the behemoth will be served up along with the Leviathan and Ziz.

Behemoth also appears in the Apocryphal Book of Enoch, giving the following description of this monster's origins there mentioned as being male, as opposed to the female Leviathan:

"And that day will two monsters be parted, one monster, a female named Leviathan in order to dwell in the abyss of the ocean over the fountains of water; and (the other), a male called Behemoth, which holds his chest in an invisible desert whose name is Dundayin, east of the garden of Eden." - 1 Enoch 60:7-8

There is another Jewish hymn recited on the festival of Shavuot (celebrating the giving of the Torah), known as Akdamut, wherein it says: "...The sport with the Leviathan and the ox (Behemoth)...When they will interlock with one another and engage in combat, with his horns the Behemoth will gore with strength, the fish [Leviathan] will leap to meet him with his fins, with power.

Their Creator will approach them with his mighty sword [and slay them both]." Thus, "from the beautiful skin of the Leviathan, God will construct canopies to shelter the righteous, who will eat the meat of the Behemoth [ox] and the Leviathan amid great joy and merriment, at a huge banquet that will be given for them."

----------------------------------------------------------

Expect a coaster called "Leviathan" in the near future, so the 2 coasters can do battle.

Woah woah woah, wait. So you're saying you guys don't live in igloos, ride dogsleds to work, are born with hockey sitcks in-hand, and have penguins as pets? Cmon Paul, quit shattering my perfect image of Canaba!

They are, however, fed intravenously with a combination of maple syrup and Tim Horton's coffee.

Hmm...not sure what to say about this one...definately a more straight-foward layout than previous hypers. (besides Canada's Goliath) With that 85 degree drop, I'm sure theres lots of air time. I'm just a little iffy on the ending. Its looks a little too short.

The trains also look weird, but I'm sure everyone will get used to them the closer it opens. I definately can see myself riding one of the outer trains...

Although I am excited that a B&M Hyper is within my region (ok, 5 hours away) but still, I think B&M should start to vary their layouts more. I can see the idea "consistency of a high quality product is good" but still, at least they should try to make some stuff out of the box. They tried that with Hydra, and they almost did it, they just had to make the lift about 10 or 20 feet taller so it would get some awesome forces instead of moderate forces.

OH MAH GEEZE!!!!!

the new trains are Kinda weird, Im not sure if I like them, but I'll find out in May/June

I love the layout, basic, but very good. still second guessin' Bolliger and Mabillard's decision about the new train, like the "old" style (never thought I'd say "old" style).

not too thrilled with the color scheme, but, I can't say it's so bad.....

I just got an email, that informs me that the trim breaks won't ruin the ride, it'll still have great airtime, there is just too much speed, according to the simulation they ran. And besides, you can't really take an airtime hill at like 50 m.p.r......

and Im still not happy that Cedar Fair bought out the Paramount Parks. they haven't cleaned it up at all.

I don't think there will be a problem getting to your seat on these new train designs. Unlike on the GIB's, it looks like there's enough space between the first and second row of each car to get to your seat. From the picture's it seems that there's an equal distance between the front of the train and the front row, and between the back of the first seats and the second row. So boarding shouldn't be a problem.

^ Well another ride like Raging Bull would be loved instead of another out and back... at least Goliath at SFOG has an interesting layout unlike La Ronda's Goliath which this ride is totally aimed at.

And the logo? Is it me or does that design look way to familiar

And not a fan of the trains at all....

yeah something unique would be nice..... that isn't the trains, I mean what where they smoking *shifty eyes* anyways

yeah, they need something less standard, have something new..

oh well, Im just glad something nice from B&M is going in there.

Please start donating to the: "I NEED MONEY" fun, b/c Game Stop isn't paying me enough

Raging Bull is the least popular B&M hyper in the US. Why would a park want to take a chance on a layout that's similar.

On Mitch's coaster poll Nitro is #7 and SFoG's Goliath is #10. Raging Bull is #31.

Canada's Wonderland took a proven formula and added some height along with an 85 degree drop. Wanting a different layout = wanting a crappier ride.