TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Love the layout on the river, very cool. Looks like it will give some good air, but I find it very interesting that since MagnumXL, CF has shied away from serious, thigh bruising, ejector air. Their airtime now floats.

I like the trains, I hate the seats and restraints. I hate the slightly reclined seats with the crotch lock restraints (i.e. Nitro, Goliath SFMM, Incredible Hulk). They take a lot out of the airtime. Its like riding a coaster in a recliner.

But, CW is getting a great looking coaster. Nice to see CF investing in the park too.

Do you even know the definition of "Behemoth"?

If there's ANYTHING any of you guys can't complain about is the name. I think it's brilliant and is very catchy. It's simple, short and easy to memorize, straight-forward, very intimidating, and describes the ride perfectly all in 3-syllables. More so, it fits the title of Canada's largest coaster quite well:

be·he·moth

n.

1. Something enormous in size or power.

2. Any creature or thing of monstrous size or power.

It's also a Biblical refrence to a beast that God created to, uh, showcase his awe-inspiring strength. (or something along those lines)

I like the trains, I hate the seats and restraints. I hate the slightly reclined seats with the crotch lock restraints (i.e. Nitro, Goliath SFMM, Incredible Hulk). They take a lot out of the airtime. Its like riding a coaster in a recliner.

Uhm, the B&M restraints absolutely DESTROY those god awful shin bashing cages Six Flags uses on the S:ROS coasters. Nothing like getting your shins smashed with a metal bar each and every time you get airtime. Not to mention the possibility of the side bars scraping the hell out of your legs.

Do you even know the definition of "Behemoth"?

No, cuz I R illiterite.

^^I agree. I really like the name, its very original and has meaning. The other names are very straight foreward. "The bat, Wild Beast, Vortex, Thunder Run." And the trains look pretty cool. I love the first drop. I have to give props to Cedar Fair for giving this ride to a park that (IMO) prior to this year, sucked. I love the placement. The last part over the water looks nioce. But those trims, ugghh.

kraxle,

I don't understand how you can be telling people in the SFMM thread that they're entitled to their own opinion and being supportive, yet blasting people here for their opinions on the name and stuff???

I'm confused.

As for my thoughts on the ride...well...it will be the best coaster at the park. Those of you who know me know how much that means!

I think this is a combination of Goliath at SFOG and Nitro. I love the name and everything about it. How can you all tell that it will be trimmed?

According to the computer animation there are trims on the upward side of the 3 hills after the turn around. They are hard to notice but they are there.

I have to give props to Cedar Fair for giving this ride to a park that (IMO) prior to this year, sucked.

I was kind of hoping when CF bought Paramount that they would put money into the park, instead of using it as a cash cow like Paramount did.

Considering CW out performs (at least in attendance) KI and CP, it's about time we got something good.

To be honest, I was skeptical that this would ever happen. I figured the park would continue to get nothing due to lack of competition. So I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was kind of hoping when CF bought Paramount that they would put money into the park, instead of using it as a cash cow like Paramount did.

Considering CW out performs (at least in attendance) KI and CP, it's about time we got something good.

To be honest, I was skeptical that this would ever happen. I figured the park would continue to get nothing due to lack of competition. So I'm pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it's amazing that they're pumping this kind of money into any of their parks so soon after the merger. With their debt load and talk of trying to get bought out by private equity, one would have assumed that they'd be playing it safe for a while.

WOW! Since Apollo's Chariot is my fav B&M hyper, this looks to top it in my book. The cars.....eh....will have to see them in person to pass judgement.

I guess I need to plan another trip to CW next summer. AT least I got all of my other credits, so I can concentrate on just riding and re-riding this monster!

Totaly impressesd beyond belief. CW really deserves this coaster, after years of half-assed clones. The trains are brilliant. Evey seat will feel so open and unobstructed!

CHOP CHOP SHAPIRO! Kentucky Kingdom needs one of these!

You know what amazes me? CW has built 15 rollercoasters, and they currently have 15 rollercoasters. SFGAd has built 24 rollercoasters, and they currently have 13. If only more parks could do what CW has been doing. On the other hand, CW has more open space on their property than most any amusement park, and half of their coasters are sub par to begin with. Besides, now that the park has a flagship ride, I can invision CF dropping some of the lest-than-desireable rides from the park, like Tomb Raider or Top Gun. Also, Dragon Fyre and and SkyRider's days are numbered as it is. They wont be 15 and 15 for long.

^ Top Gun and Tomb Raider aren't going anywhere unforunatly. Top Gun is one of the more popular rides at the park. And Tomb Raider takes up very little room.

Dragon Fire I can see gone at some point.

Skyrider probably not though. Probably a toss up on it.

^Well it will be interesting to see what happens to ridership on the other coasters once Behemoth opens. No matter how it turns out, it will be the best coaster in the park, so park patrons go from having a choice of a bunch of mediocre coasters, to having a choice of a bunch of mediocre coasters or one semi good one. Plus it's back there in the area with TR and TG, so we'll see!

Skyrider probably not though. Probably a toss up on it.

Since the downfall of Togo, I dought that SkyRider will last long. There will be no way to get spare parts. However, King Kobra could come in handy for that reason, but at that point, why bother? Its a TOGO!

I'm pretty pumped about this coaster!

I love me some B&M hypers... especially Goliath at SFOG, which Behemoth doesn't look to be too different from that.

I'm not too fond of the look of the trains, but I'm sure it will be fun no matter how your are seated.

I just made my first trip to CW this summer, and I didn't care for the park at all!

I was hoping to not have to go back anytime soon, but now I'm going to have to make another trip there next summer.

At least I can spend all day riding Behemoth, and not worry about the other crappy coasters seeing as how I already snagged all of the other credits this summer.

I don't really think the train design is that bad. I think that if the station is staffed properly, it won't be a problem. Could they put more typical B&M seating on this ride in the future - they could potentially run 16 rows of 4 - that's 64 people per train! IF these trains fail- imagine the possibilities! I do think we will see floorless trains in a couple of years though - the design could easily be adapted for that!

I am with Robb also. I have been on too many rides that looked great but in the end were ruined by overzealous trim brakes. My question is .... haven't they produced enough coasters to know how to build one without a trim already? Maybe I expect too much but to design a ride with three trim brakes seems a bit silly.

I was thinking the same thing, Ted. Although, upon further thought, I think I'm gonna subscribe to Derek's train of thought about weather-related issues and fluctuating train weights, etc. Perhaps, as mentioned before, maybe it's a preemptive move to combat against future speed issues that may arise. And rather than coming back to install trims later, it's better to build 'em into the original design and use them only if needed. Who knows?

Maverick, on the other hand.....well, yeah.

I don't know much, but I do know this...with Led Zep and "MapleHawk" (copyright Scaparri) already under construction, '08 is shaping up nice so far for B&M.

I think I'm gonna subscribe to Derek's train of thought about weather-related issues and fluctuating train weights, etc.

I'm not so sure about that. The weather in Toronto isn't nearly as sever as you'd think. We really don't live in igloo's you know. Seriously, we don't.

Our weather really isn't all that different than the parks in the norther states like CP,SFGAM,etc.

I think I'm gonna subscribe to Derek's train of thought about weather-related issues and fluctuating train weights, etc.

I'm not so sure about that. The weather in Toronto isn't nearly as sever as you'd think. We really don't live in igloo's you know. Seriously, we don't.

Our weather really isn't all that different than the parks in the norther states like CP,SFGAM,etc.

Woah woah woah, wait. So you're saying you guys don't live in igloos, ride dogsleds to work, are born with hockey sitcks in-hand, and have penguins as pets? Cmon Paul, quit shattering my perfect image of Canaba!