TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I like that while other companies are boxing you in and stapling you into their cars like sardines, B&M is offering more and more freedom.

I completely agree; one of the things B&M does best is provide open, comfortable seating, and this will only improve the feeling. Sure, it might take an extra second or two to load the car, but I think it's worth the reduced capacity to improve the comfort of the ride. Granted, I can see where two groups of two who don't know each other might argue over who gets to sit "in front", but any incidents like that would be due to a person's own idiocy, not the manufacturer.

As for everyone saying that groups will have to "split up", I'm just not seeing it. You're, what, like two feet away from the person next to you? Oh, wow, it's like they're in a whole different country, how will you even be able to see each others' facial expressions at such an extreme distance? The space is comparable to sitting on opposite ends of the couch.

My only concern with the new trains is how maneuverable they would be, those are some long cars; granted, Walter and Claude are the kings of smooth transitioning, but still, ya gotta wonder.

^^^If coaster designers thought that way, we'd still only have wooden coasters. You have to experiment to find awesome new things. Imagine if B&M had never made the clamshell restraints, or even got into hypers at all?

So anyway. I'm glad CW is finally getting an "original" ride. Yes, it's very similar to other B&M hypers, but it's not an exact clone. This park was very overdue for a higher capacity coaster, and they are finally getting it. Of course, right after I move away from it! hehe

Agree up there I think Wonderland is getting a great addiction. A B&M hyper is pretty cool and those hills must have a great airtime and the helix comin' down after breaks must give a sweet g-force when it gets down.The trains are a new form for more freedom to the passengers in the middle now they have nothin' by the sides like 2 seats in a row and it remainds as a 4 seats row. The name I liek it when I heard it cause I don't know what it's mean in spanish so I look at it later in a diccionary and in spanish is such a bad name so I guess is the same in english. But in conclusion is a great and a cool ride.

^^^If coaster designers thought that way, we'd still only have wooden coasters. You have to experiment to find awesome new things. Imagine if B&M had never made the clamshell restraints, or even got into hypers at all?

Good point.

Of course, right after I move away from it! hehe

Ah, so you're the reason the park has always gotten crappy coasters. Everything makes sense now.

^ Yeah, I really like the new Intamin restraints (Maverick, Storm Runner) for much of the same reason. We've come a long way since the Arrow days. You don't need to feel trapped in a train (with your riding partner practically in your lap) to feel safe.

I just heard the first radio ad on my way home from work.

Hearing Optimus Prime tell me to ride Behemoth 20 times doesn't make me like the name anymore.

Almost as if they just like saying the word Behemoth.

I just saw two TV ads for it. They really, really like that word!

I think it is possible for people to be happy and "complain"/criticize the ride at the same time. I think it's awesome that Wonderland is getting this coaster, and I'm sure it'll be fun, but I still don't like the name or the trains and if I want to talk about it in a thread dedicated to the coaster I don't see why I shouldn't. What is with so many people wanting everyone to be all happy happy joy joy over everything? I might've missed some posts, but I don't remember seeing any "OMG YOU GUYS THIS RIDE SUCKS SO HARD, WHY ARE THEY EVEN GETTING IT?!?!?" If people want to discuss the negative aspects they see in this ride, along with the positives, why is that such a bad thing?

If this is how people express their happiness, some of you need some anti-depressants. It's one thing to have a constructive dialog about the pros and cons of a new ride, but don't sit there and act like you've ridden it already, because you haven't. "Oh Cedar Fair's going to ruin it with brakes" or "it's just a bunch of hills". I mean, really laughable stuff. I guess it's ok to have a negative opinion, but not ok to have a negative opinion of an opinion. Give me a (trim) brake!

And the seating will work just like a 2-seater, only you'll have a choice to sit together in the front or split in the back. Big friggin deal.

I like that while other companies are boxing you in and stapling you into their cars like sardines, B&M is offering more and more freedom.

Totally agree! I only wish I lived closer to the park so I could ride this thing, it looks like it will be really fun.

This ride looks fun. Hopefully those trim breaks (evil) do not ruin the ride. It looks like it might have a lot of airtime.

As for the trains....not a big fan of them. They look weird and pointless. I hope it does not cause any kind of problems.

Overall it looks like Wonderland needed a brand new amazing coaster and what better addition than a B&M hyper.

Looks like I might visit Canada just to ride that ride.lol

Here's a positive thought on the trims. It lets B & M design a fast coaster in a part of the world with extreme weather without having the thing tear itself apart.

I mean, look at X and how many times that thing valleys, and that's in California! With the proper programming, the computers on Behemoth can reach a good compromise between a forceful ride and good maintenance.

Of course, seeing the settings that CW has on its other rides like 1X around on Jet Scream and what looks like 90 degrees up on the Giant Frisbee, it may not be set too tough.

100_7438.mov

Here's Jet Scream, same ride at Expo '86 went around 2-4 times.

^Video doesn't work for me.

Give me a (trim) brake!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I really want to see if these trains will be added to newer (2008/2009) B&M coasters. Maybe it will only be this one and see how it works, then add them to future coasters.

I didn't see anything on B&M's site about the new trains...

Personally, I love this coaster, its going to be awesome. It looks like one of the best coasters to come out in years. I don't care if you think its unoriginal but the helix will be enjoyable. I think the trains are awesome as well and quite unique. The hammerhead turn will give back row riders an amazing experience, the "wing seats" will be even better.

I think this will be coaster 1 of 2 with these trains, the second, being another CF park, will have floorless trains just like this. I think B&M is setting up the same type of think they did with ShieKra and Griffon. They can advertise it once, and then 2 seasons later rip the floor out and do it again. I can also assume that the second would be either 5 feet taller or 5 feet shorter and have a little bit different layout, maybe an extra airtime hill or something. But what do I know.

Not going to lie. I'm really surprised by this announcement, and all in a good way. Wasn't sure if it was going to impress me, but I not only am I impressed, but overly so. Never expected it to be as tall as 230-feet, nor with a opening drop as steep as 85-degrees. The camelback packed layout looks extremely promising for airtime lovers.

And of course I'm annoyed at the usual group that has to whine and b*tch about things as trivial as colors, the name, and how it looks like an "incomplete" hypercoaster. Nobody in the viscinity of that park that's an enthusiast would ever imagine a ride of this magnitude to ever come to Canada's Wonderland. I would be over-joyed if Magic Mountain had this instead of Goliath -- and couldn't even begin to cross my fingers that Knott's Berry Farm would maybe someday build a ride like this.

Does anyone else not like the name? I think it's kind pf a weird name for a coaster.

Do you even know the definition of "Behemoth"?

If there's ANYTHING any of you guys can't complain about is the name. I think it's brilliant and is very catchy. It's simple, short and easy to memorize, straight-forward, very intimidating, and describes the ride perfectly all in 3-syllables. More so, it fits the title of Canada's largest coaster quite well:

be·he·moth

n.

1. Something enormous in size or power.

2. Any creature or thing of monstrous size or power.

And of course I'm annoyed at the usual group that has to whine and b*tch about things as trivial as colors, the name, and how it looks like an "incomplete" hypercoaster.

Are we sheep that have to agree and praise everything that the park does?

I don't see anyone saying the ride will suck. Only some people are voicing their opinions on certain points of the ride.

The ride will be good. But I still don't like the name. So deal with it.

While I'm not a huge fan of the layout, it seems too big, it looks like a lot of fun. I've wanted to go to this park for a while, and if I have the time next time I'm up by Toronto, I'm definitely going to make a stop. However, since Cedar Fair owns the park, it will probably be trimmed to hell, but it still looks like a lot of fun nonetheless.

And of course I'm annoyed at the usual group that has to whine and b*tch about things as trivial as colors, the name, and how it looks like an "incomplete" hypercoaster.

Are we sheep that have to agree and praise everything that the park does?

I don't see anyone saying the ride will suck. Only some people are voicing their opinions on certain points of the ride.

The ride will be good. But I still don't like the name. So deal with it.

Never did I say anything about everyone having to like what this particular parks does, nor did I shun anybody about saying the ride will suck. I did however just point out all the usual obnoxious whining and nitpicking (which you can't deny, is true) about a newly announced ride. So no thanks to you for putting words in my mouth.

Finally a Paramount Park gets a genuine marquee coaster (I know it could be debated) in my eyes.

While I don't like the B & M Hypers as much as the Intamins, I still enjoy coasters like Nitro even though I wish it had serious ejector airtime like Ride of Steel.