TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Eww... I hate this kind of seating configuration. Sitting in that back row sucks. Especially if you have been waiting with a friend for a LONG time in line just to find out that you have to sit way apart from him/her.

85*, 230 ft first drop in the back row.

Yeah, that first drop is pretty much the defining moment of the ride I would say. From the animation it looks like the back row will go over the drop so fast, hopefully producing some sweet ejector airtime.

Heck yes! The longer the train...the more ejector air in the back row.

Now obviously there is still a chance they won't even use the trims or use them very lightly, just look at Nitro or SFOG's Goliath for a best case scenario, but if it's anything like Raging Bull or Silver Star (which also had them from day one), be prepared for this ride to dissapoint right after the first drop.

I am with Robb also. I have been on too many rides that looked great but in the end were ruined by overzealous trim brakes. My question is .... haven't they produced enough coasters to know how to build one without a trim already. Maybe I expect too much but to design a ride with three trim brakes seems a bit silly.

While the trains are "interesting" and are certainly not as capacity friendly as typical B&M trains, I do have an idea here. I could be talking completely out of my ass and I have no hard facts to prove this, but it has always seemed to me that the longer the cars, the more violent the airtime. It is almost like every single movement is more exaggerated.

Just my thoughts.

I think the main reasons the trims (I have heard B&M refer to them as "speed correctors") are present on several hills is because they honestly do not know how the new trains are going to run. They have taken precautions like this before (i.e. alpie's zero car) and they like to be extra careful when trying new things.

Also B&M trims are sensitive to the train's speed so they might or might not activate depending on the speed the train is running. I really doubt you will see all three of these activate, especially with the mid course being right there after them.

About 78mph for a top speed is pretty fast. By the time the train comes around to the three airtime hills, it should be going about 55-62 mph...and those are some big airtime hills. I really like this setting along side...and did I see over the water? That's pretty cool; I bet there will be some -really- nice photos of this ride in the future.

While the trains are "interesting" and are certainly not as capacity friendly as typical B&M trains, I do have an idea here. I could be talking completely out of my a$$ and I have no hard facts to prove this, but it has always seemed to me that the longer the cars, the more violent the airtime. It is almost like every single movement is more exaggerated.

Just my thoughts.

32 people per train seems pretty capacity friendly to me....

^^^ I'm going to try to keep up with construction updates all winter...so keep an eye out for those. It already seems like the best in park locations to take pictures of Behemoth would be in the water park. I'll look so creepy walking through the water park fully clothed with my big DSLR and zoom lens! haha.

I like the name, only for the fact that it's a direct slap to the face of Six Flags. In the words of Dave Chappelle..."What did the 5 fingers say to the face? BEHEMOTH!"

The layout looks great, my favourite part of a hyper coaster is airtime hills and a good helix, this has both! I don't believe (or atleast hope) the trims will kill the airtime, those trains should create their own airtime anyways!

This coaster will be a great addition to the park, and shouldn't have a problem becoming the #1 coaster in Canada!

To all the skeptics..."don't knock it 'til you've tried it".

I'm with Chris on the whole B&M trim issue. I know a lot of things can alter the speed on a ride at certain times; worn wheels, temperature, etc and B&M usually installs the trims to have them at the designated speed. I know several times I've ridden Nitro where the trim kicks in and gently kisses the train where earlier in the day it didn't touch it at all. Hopefully these trims won't need to be used that often, but even if they are, I hope they don't kill the ride like they do on some other coasters (Montu, Riverside Cyclone, Thunderhawk, Hersheypark Comet, Raging Bull, etc).

No ride can be described as "just a bunch of hills", not even the most basic of out and back rides like La Ronde's Goliath. And this ride isn't even one of the most basic out and back rides, it definatly has a good bit more to offer then just hills.

Yeah I don't get all the pre-ride whining from enthusiasts but hey, that's nothing new.

I LOVE and I mean LOVE the new train design. You'll get a much better view and the longer trains should provide more air(especially on that AWESOME looking first drop). Part of the problem with Deja Vu's trains is that you can't see where your sitting ahead of time. That should not be a problem on a hyper train.

And what's with everyone feeling this need to sit right next to their friends, or some stinky kid who's been sweating in an amusement park all day? At least it's not like X, where you can't see anyone one else on the entire train other than that unlucky person stuck on the outside seat.

The things enthusiasts worry about...

sorry in advance if I repeat something someone has already said because I didnt feel like reading 14 pages of stuff, I noticed as I skimmed through that there are a lot of complaints. I personally think it looks great (not that im going to Canada anytime soon), but some people just need to be happy about it. Last I checked my park hasnt gotten a new coaster since 1999, and no I dont consider the BORG new as in it wasnt when we got it. Anyways in all honestly I would love for a new coaster coming to Carowinds, and I wouldnt care if it was a B&M with different that usual cars and no pre-drop. Anything at all would be nice personally, Unless what they say on Carowinds Connection is true about tomorrow then I really dont see Carowinds getting anything new maybe used again but at least its something different.

I like the cars, but I don't get the concept of them. You're still going to have an obstructed view in the second row depending on which car.

The layout looks like it could produce some airtime, but on first sight it reminded me of Nitro a little. Looks great though.

...While the trains are "interesting" and are certainly not as capacity friendly as typical B&M trains...

I was concerned about that too. I looked into it, and here's how it stacks up using Nitro as a "typical" B&M coaster:

Behemoth: 8 cars/train, 32 people/train

Nitro: 9 cars/train, 36 people/train

It's just like taking out 1 row.

However, I still think the seating is stupid and will cause confusion when people try to get into their row, unless they handle each 4-person car like a 2 rows per car train.

I think it is possible for people to be happy and "complain"/criticize the ride at the same time. I think it's awesome that Wonderland is getting this coaster, and I'm sure it'll be fun, but I still don't like the name or the trains and if I want to talk about it in a thread dedicated to the coaster I don't see why I shouldn't. What is with so many people wanting everyone to be all happy happy joy joy over everything? I might've missed some posts, but I don't remember seeing any "OMG YOU GUYS THIS RIDE SUCKS SO HARD, WHY ARE THEY EVEN GETTING IT?!?!?" If people want to discuss the negative aspects they see in this ride, along with the positives, why is that such a bad thing?

I think it is possible for people to be happy and "complain"/criticize the ride at the same time. I think it's awesome that Wonderland is getting this coaster, and I'm sure it'll be fun, but I still don't like the name or the trains and if I want to talk about it in a thread dedicated to the coaster I don't see why I shouldn't. What is with so many people wanting everyone to be all happy happy joy joy over everything? I might've missed some posts, but I don't remember seeing any "OMG YOU GUYS THIS RIDE SUCKS SO HARD, WHY ARE THEY EVEN GETTING IT?!?!?" If people want to discuss the negative aspects they see in this ride, along with the positives, why is that such a bad thing?

Win.

A huge B&M hyper that costs a park 26 million dollars and all people are doing is crying about it.

Are they not allowed to? I missed that memo.

--Robb "I read quite a few positive posts in this thread, too..." Alvey

If this is how people express their happiness, some of you need some anti-depressants. It's one thing to have a constructive dialog about the pros and cons of a new ride, but don't sit there and act like you've ridden it already, because you haven't. "Oh Cedar Fair's going to ruin it with brakes" or "it's just a bunch of hills". I mean, really laughable stuff. I guess it's ok to have a negative opinion, but not ok to have a negative opinion of an opinion. Give me a (trim) brake!

And the seating will work just like a 2-seater, only you'll have a choice to sit together in the front or split in the back. Big friggin deal.

I like that while other companies are boxing you in and stapling you into their cars like sardines, B&M is offering more and more freedom.

If this is how people express their happiness, some of you need some anti-depressants. It's one thing to have a constructive dialog about the pros and cons of a new ride, but don't sit there and act like you've ridden it already, because you haven't.

And the seating will work just like a 2-seater, only you'll have a choice to sit together in the front or split in the back. Big friggin deal.

I like that while other companies are boxing you in and stapling you into their cars like sardines, B&M is offering more and more freedom.

I know you're speaking generally here, but I will answer for me since I'm assuming you're including me in that group of whiny cry babies and you quoted me in your response..

Ummm...where did I act like I've ridden it? I never said the ride would suck with these new trains, I just personally don't like them. I like the four across B&M trains and was excited that Wonderland would be getting those (before I realized they weren't, obviously). I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to share my opinion on a message board that seems to exist so that people can share their opinions. Sry.