TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

The trims.. big deal, wont make a diffrence.

lol

I can list you about 20 coasters that could be great but are killed by trims. This one has a trim on three consecutive hills! I think it could be because B&M are not certain of the characteristics of these new vehicles, which IMO are absolutely terrible.

They have enough problems filling every seat on Goliath at SFoG, so it seems B&M decided to make it even harder. I can see lots of empty seats as a result of this really poor design. The old trains could seat 4 more riders in a lot less space and were easier to load and check. Oh yeah, and they looked better too.

The design has some potential, but the trims will kill it. Silver Star v2.0.

I don't see why so many people are crying about trims. They are only trims, who cares?! Of course this ride may be slightly better without them, but oh well, deal with it. When a park adds trims to a coaster, it's usually for safety reasons. They are added to prevent the coaster from falling apart, in the case of a wooden coaster, or to prevent increased stress on the trains. I would rather have a trimmed ride, than no ride at all because a weld broke on one of the trains and the ride has to be shut down for the rest of the season.

I am actually very excited about this coaster, trims or no trims, and might actually have to take a trip up to Toronto next summer just to ride this monster.

^This is a good point, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. It's the "what could have been" factor, whether it's safety related or not.

We'll just have to wait and see. For instance, Goliath at SFOG was trimmed from day one and it's still amazing. Then there is Raging Bull, which is a good ride, but it's definitely missing a lot compared to when it wasn't trimmed.

I don't see why so many people are crying about trims. They are only trims, who cares?! Of course this ride may be slightly better without them, but oh well, deal with it.

And I really don't understand why people DON'T think they are a big deal.

Have you ridden one of the B&M hypers that have trims on several hills?

Try riding Raging Bull now and then flash back to 6 years ago when they weren't used. It's a completely different ride today. I would say that for most people on our Midwest trip, it was one of the most highly anticipated coasters that greatly dissapointed.

So if you're "ok" with a coaster that rides like that, knock yourself out!

Now obviously there is still a chance they won't even use the trims or use them very lightly, just look at Nitro or SFOG's Goliath for a best case scenario, but if it's anything like Raging Bull or Silver Star (which also had them from day one), be prepared for this ride to dissapoint right after the first drop.

--Robb "Riding coasters with trims is like having lukewarm coffee...." Alvey

I really like the look of this ride. Yeah there are trims, but im sure it'll still go fast enough over the hills to give pleanty of airtime. I really do like the little turn at the bottom of the first drops. Looks like a very exiting ride. Very cool, and very attractive.

Love the colour scheme. Wished i lived in Canada, or even America.

I'm totally with Robb on this one. The thing that really made me realize what trims do was on Thunderhawk at Dorney Park. It was actually a pretty cool ride and the bunny hills towards the end have some killer air. One of them would be AWESOME, except that it has a trim on it that keeps you from getting more than a little floater.

Robbie "trims make me tres desole" Simmons

Try riding Raging Bull now and then flash back to 6 years ago when they weren't used. It's a completely different ride today. I would say that for most people on our Midwest trip, it was one of the most highly anticipated coasters that greatly dissapointed.

Now obviously there is still a chance they won't even use the trims or use them very lightly, just look at Nitro or SFOG's Goliath for a best case scenario, but if it's anything like Raging Bull or Silver Star (which also had them from day one), be prepared for this ride to dissapoint right after the first drop.

Yup, for me they completely killed Raging Bull. After getting lots of rides on Apollo with the trims on super light and getting air everywhere, hitting the trims on Bull was just like "LAME!". They totally killed the air everywhere on the ride. The only spot I felt air was the first drop, and even that felt stronger on Apollo.

The ride overall looks ok (besides the trims). I wish they had done something more than what is essentially Nitro in a different configuration, like mixed up he turnaround a bit (a low fast turnaround like Voyage comes to mind), but I still think it'll be really good for the park. They have needed something like this for ever.

Are trims bad? Yes, but I'll deal with them knowing that it's better for the ride. Like I already stated, I would rather have a trimmed ride, than no ride at all, because a weld broke on one of the trains and the ride has to be shut down for the rest of the season.

I suppose I liked Raging Bull enough with the trims that if this ride is like that, I'll still be moderately happy!

But yes, trims kill rides. And the sheer amount on this one [it was what, at least three? Plus the MCBR...] have a good chance of destroying the asses air-to-seat ratio.

Like others have said, I also think the new design is an attempt to improve the view and experience for the middle seats riders. Always annoyed me about the 4 across seating, unless you're in the very front row, the 2 middle seats on each row have a very limited view, all you get to look at the entire time is the back of the big bulky restraint in front of you shaking around.

I don't see why so many people are crying about trims. They are only trims, who cares?! Of course this ride may be slightly better without them, but oh well, deal with it.

Sorry for being off-topic but why do some parks use trims where others don't? Is there some benefit to the park or coaster?

The ride looks great, I'm not too sure about the trains but they'll probably grow on me.

As far as I know, it helps "maintain" the coaster slightly longer, as it would put less forces on the track and the train for the parts following the hill. It also would obviously lower the forces, and if a certain coaster is deemed to be "too forceful", trim brakes would help tame it down.

There's probably other reasons but those are the first two that came to mind for me.

Well in my opinion, Behemoth has them because standards are way higher in Canada when it comes to safety stuff like that. A good example of this is that the Great Whale of China ride is still running in Carowinds since they took it out. However, were it here, it would be in peices behind the park with Shiva's Fury. So as far as I know, anything that can be done to keep a ride from breaking down or extend it's life in a "safe" way will indeed be done.

I can't think of a reason why some parks in the States or Europe or wherever else would choose to add trims, etc. except for their own safety prefrences.

I think the ride looks like it might be a good one. Goliath (SFoG) and Apollo's Chariot are the only two B&M hypers I've ridden so it's always good to see more chances to ride a new one. I'm not making any judgements on the seating arrangement until I hear first-hand accounts (or ride them myself).

This just in from Canada's Wonderland:

. Intensifying the action packed adventure, the ride will feature prototype open-air seating that will allow all riders to experience an unobstructed view of all the thrills and excitement on one of North America's best coasters.

".

Is Canada North America now or am I mis-reading ?- just asking so don't jump on me.

Steve- defend your homeland Canadians-C

^^They have to be true. Why would they put something everyone hates into a big slogan and then not do it? If they're not going to do it, then why would they show it?

Anyway, when I rode Deja Vu, We had to squeeze into the small space between rows to get to the outside seats. I really wished to have ridden with my family, and not by myself. Hopefully this seating will be better cause you can see the people on the outside seats unlike Vekoma's trains. But B&M, why? Seriously? Does it HAVE to come to this?

STUPID TRIMS!!! What is the point? And why does Cedar Fair do it? It only makes the ride worse!

I really hope the trims don't turn out to be true, and if they are, why 3?

I'm kind of wondering if they are just installing three trims so that if they feel they need to slow it down, they can do so more precisely. This way, if the train is shooting over the 4th camelback too fast, they can trim it on the fourth instead of maybe the second and killing more of the ride. Who knows. I'm hoping that's the case. We'll see...