TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

The trains still annoy me, but the fact that they are longer will be cool. It'll make the back seat that much more insane hopefully. I'm just drooling over that first drop.

The name completely cracks me up though. Sure, it's a rip off, but that's what makes it great. I mean come on, it's not like people haven't said Six Flags has taken cheap shots. From the addition of five coasters at SFMM between 2000-2003 to catch up on the coaster record, or the lack of imagination and new innovation in Kingda Ka, people have whined. Now CF is aiming back. I'm no fanboy, but I do think it's pretty funny.

The final helix would of been insane and awesome it there wasn't a mid-brake-run!

Bye the way, there new trains sound really interesting, great still, but i doubt of them!

I am excited cause I am going to Wonderland next summer, I am glad that this new addition comes to point!

If this was 18 months in the planning, then this is actually a Paramount creation that CF acquired with the purchase of the park, correct? Sorry, I'm a little sketchy on the timeline.

Planning AND construction. May 2008 minus 18 months would be December 06. Cedar Fair finished aquiring the Paramount Parks in October right?

If this was 18 months in the planning, then this is actually a Paramount creation that CF acquired with the purchase of the park, correct? Sorry, I'm a little sketchy on the timeline.

Planning AND construction. May 2008 minus 18 months would be December 06. Cedar Fair finished aquiring the Paramount Parks in October right?

Plus I believe Cedar Fair said that there were no existing construction contracts that they picked up with Paramount.

So this is definetly CF's baby.

About 60 some feet I suppose. Honestly though, the logo looks exactly like the GOliath at SFMM...just altered a bit...im sorry but CF contines to disappoint me.

LOL, I dont think they would ever care to please you! Who are you? Nobody to Cedar Fair or any other company! Everyone made these same negative comments about Maverick and now it is one of the best new rides to come out. It is an instant classic. I think this ride will be sweet!

About 60 some feet I suppose. Honestly though, the logo looks exactly like the GOliath at SFMM...just altered a bit...im sorry but CF contines to disappoint me.

LOL, I dont think they would ever care to please you! Who are you? Nobody to Cedar Fair or any other company! Everyone made these same negative comments about Maverick and now it is one of the best new rides to come out. It is an instant classic. I think this ride will be sweet!

Im a paying customer is what I am to them...or might be a paying customer...

Im a paying customer is what I am to them...or might be a paying customer...

Its simple. Just don't go to their parks if they don't impress you. They have so many people that they do impress. LOL Go somewhere else buddy!

So I read this whole topic and yeah, there are a lot of people skeptical of this ride. Of course I think your stupid but that's just me..

Anyway, I think this ride will be very interesting, a very good addition to Canada's Wonderland and all the people who say the layout is generic and shit... well I could care less, really, I'm happy that Wonderland is getting such a kickass ride.

The seating is not as dumb as many people are saying, I really liked DeJa Vu seating, I was on the outside and it felt like I had my own little personal seat to enjoy and actually kinda evaluate the ride instead of having my friends screaming in my ear...

But the seating does look kinda f**ked up... meh.

The trims.. big deal, wont make a diffrence.

Layout... very cool, looks awesome beside the water and from the water park it'll look really sweet, and I don't think the supports being in Italian Job's space will really do anything, it might be cool, you never know..

The name.. Yeah the name is kinda stupid and really they could've come up with a much better name, I like MapleHawk like someone suggested, because I really was looking forward to a Canadian name, even if it is sterotypical.

So I really have no complaints and honestly I've been laughing at the complainers...

Now all they need is Q-Bots, a Screamin' Swing, Sky Swat and then the park will really kickass.

The name is a little unimaginative, and I am a little unsure of the trains, but if they go with the 16 rows by 2 riders for the gates, it may work out better. If they go with the 8 rows by 4 riders, then groups of 3 or 4 or single riders won't be too bad, but I think a lot of pairs would take the two seats at the front of the car leaving the other two empty since the next pair may want to ride in the same fashion, but I have yet to ride it, and cannot say that is what will happen.

As for the layout, I love it! Some of the best coasters are mostly strait with connsecutive hills. If anything, the first drop should be awesome with the longer train and the first hill after the lift should have some sweet air.

My two B&M Hyper experiences (Apollo and Nitro) were both great, so this could also turnout to be a great ride.

Behemoth: CF's new answer to Goliath?

Now that THAT'S out of the way, a few comments:

*LOVE the layout. 85* drop, hammer head, and nice twisted end+plenty of hopeful airtime hills.

*Trains, what the f***? Sure, they look kind of cool, but is there any reason for DOWNgrading the capacity?

*Trains, what the f***? Sure, they look kind of cool, but is there any reason for DOWNgrading the capacity?

I'm not sure how they will downgrade capacity much at all. The trains still seat the same number of people, and are still sort of 4 across. Although you may see longer lines for the front because of people who don't understand the seating arrangment, on the other hand, you might see short lines for the split seats for the same reason.

Jesus, that looks like one awesome airtime machine.

As for the trains, as long as everyone gets a good view, however it looks and seems weird.

The name? Great job CF, I'm surprised you didn't call this Maple XL-200 or (as above) Maplehawk. Behemoth is a fitting name.

Can't wait to ride this thing some day!

I kind of find it funny that most people are pretty content to go on a Wacky Worm at an obscure park in the middle of nowhere to get the credit, but some of the rides with real potential are so highly criticized.

I think that's the winning answer right there.

As for the rest of my thoughts:

- Coaster: Looks awesome to this B&M fanboy. 85* on a Beemer? Awesome.

- Trains: The extra view is appreciated, but they seem like they wouldn't maneuver as well.

- Name/Logo: I really like the name, and the "theming", while unoriginal, is aesthetically pleasing.