TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

The seating arrangement is a tad strange, but I reckon it shouldn't cause the pandemonium that Deja Vu's does. And not least because this ride is in Canada...

The air gates on the Giant Boomerangs didn't let you see where to sit until they opened. Hopefully this coaster will have an open station so people can see what the trains looks like before they get on board.

Cool looking layout, though it doesn't look as "complete" as some of B&Ms other hypers (this has like 2 hills after the midcourse and helix). I like the location though, and the first drop looks interesting.

But these trains?? Um, did Claude and Walter never ride a Deja Vu, or did they just choose to forget how stupid that seating was and how it breaks up the groups and causes mass confusion for GP and ride ops alike.

And the name?! Come on Cedar Fair, could you knock off Six Flags any more blatantly. What happened, did you steal their artist and ride namer, or did you just have no money set aside for the name as you blew your budget on trash cans for the queue and got your janitors to come up with something that original in both name and logo design? What's next, Gargantuan, coming 2009 to Carowinds? It will be amusing seeing a bunch of ACErs running around in gravy-stained 5XL shirts with "Behemoth" across the chest though

Looks pretty cool though, and I'll definitely be heading back up to Trono next summer now.

Wow there sure are a lot of complainers. No matter what you always gotta find the negative about something. It's a new and different coaster, you should just be happy about that. Who cares what the name is. You know I think the perfect coaster could be built and have everything everyone wants on it and STILL someone would find something to complain about. I don't care what it's called it looks awesome and a lot of fun. For all you know the trims may not even be used, you never know. To just automatically say they will when it's not even done yet is just lame. All these people complaining about it...if it bothers you so much don't ride it and go somewhere else then, I know I will be much happier without your negativity around.

And as far as the 'DejaVu' like trains...the row that is spread apart is not the same as DV, on THIS train you can easily get to your seat. So these people saying it will break up groups are totally wrong. If you had bothered to look at the animation you can clearly see there is nothing to block you from getting to the far seat, and when the restraint is up there will be a clear path to it.

That's what really sucks about a new coaster debuting, someone always has to try to ruin it.

I have to admit i'm not sold on this ride yet. The first drop looks great, but the speed over the camelbacks isn't fast at all, the new trains are pointless, and look at all those trims! There is a trim brake on 3 out of the 5 airtime hills. The layout is decent though, but I was really expecting something more sprawling.

Well you kinda cant judge a book by it's animation. I mean lookat goliath at sfog...the trains were crawling over the hills on the video but it is a very great coaster. Even w/ that trim on it it still provides a vast amount of air on the return trip!

I know the ride may be very different then the animation, but I'm really not expecting it to go much faster over the camelbacks actually. The only B&M Hyper I have been on is Nitro though, and from what I have heard it is one of the worst B&M Hypers, so I really don't have much expierence with B&M's Hypercoasters to compare this to.

Wow there sure are a lot of complainers. No matter what you always gotta find the negative about something. It's a new and different coaster, you should just be happy about that. Who cares what the name is. You know I think the perfect coaster could be built and have everything everyone wants on it and STILL someone would find something to complain about. I don't care what it's called it looks awesome and a lot of fun. For all you know the trims may not even be used, you never know. To just automatically say they will when it's not even done yet is just lame. All these people complaining about it...if it bothers you so much don't ride it and go somewhere else then, I know I will be much happier without your negativity around.

And as far as the 'DejaVu' like trains...the row that is spread apart is not the same as DV, on THIS train you can easily get to your seat. So these people saying it will break up groups are totally wrong. If you had bothered to look at the animation you can clearly see there is nothing to block you from getting to the far seat, and when the restraint is up there will be a clear path to it.

That's what really sucks about a new coaster debuting, someone always has to try to ruin it.

Well sorry to burst your bubble but people are gonna be sceptical about this. Cedar Fair isn't held in high regard by a lot of people on here.

And I'm pretty sure that Derek was joking as well. Not just because it's a bit obvious, and you clearly didn't look at his closing remark...

Looks pretty cool though, and I'll definitely be heading back up to Trono next summer now.

How about we all just be docile and say how we're all looking foward to the new ride. Kinda defeats the point of having a discussion topic about it!

Really I think we should be thankful rather than disappointed that CW actually added a "decent" coaster.

IMO this is going to be awesome... A little skeptical of the trims... But I'm happy that when this opens... IM NOT A BM VIRGIN ANYMORE!

And about the trains... I think they're nothing like Deja vu's... Instead of thinking that it is one disconfigured row... I think it's more of 2 rows..

What's more awesome is that this has stadium seating! First on a BM

Now that's more like it.

I think this ride looks cools as hell. Everyone talks about how nice B&M hypers are, yet everyone is whining like a bunch of let down babies. There are so many of you that will not be pleased no matter what a park builds.

The trains looks cool and should provide a cool perspective to each person riding the coaster. Kudos to the people that are bringing this sweet ride to Canada.

Well sorry to burst your bubble but people are gonna be sceptical about this. Cedar Fair isn't held in high regard by a lot of people on here.

And I'm pretty sure that Derek was joking as well. Not just because it's a bit obvious, and you clearly didn't look at his closing remark...

How about we all just be docile and say how we're all looking foward to the new ride. Kinda defeats the point of having a discussion topic about it!

Well said, Tom. I think this tmcduller needs to read the forum disclaimer before posting, as I've seen like 2 posts from him this morning in which he seems to be incapable of detecting jokes and sarcasm. I don't think I said anywhere that this ride was going to suck and that they shouldn't even bother building it, instead using the $26 million to take out more trees and put in more trash cans, I think I said it looks like fun and that I look forward to riding it.

As for the seating, it WILL screw up stuff, as I know plenty of general public people who get on B&Ms and don't "want to sit on the end". I'm pretty sure these people will also not want to sit on the end by themselves. Deja Vu's trains weren't just a problem getting to the seats or the view (you couldn't see anything on them anyway) it also included the fact that it separated groups. No one, save enthusiasts, goes to parks by themselves and therefore won't want to be separated from their friends, not even by 2 feet forward or backward. If the seating had been 6 across in that design, it would work better as it could be groups of 2X2X2, but 1X2X1 really won't go over that well with the public and there will be lots of empty end seats going out, or people complaining about having to ride apart from their friends. Hopefully they install a single rider line for this!

Finally a ride over 110ft

The layout looks awesome and it should have amazing views of the park/area. I wonder if it will affect the Italian job though, The lift supports are right in the middle of it.

As for the new trains, they are well... Interesting. The station is going to have to be massive to hold them. I wonder how they will work out the gates inside, 8 rows of 4, or 16 rows of 2?

You would almost have to guess 16 rows of 2. 8 rows of 4 would probably be confusing.

I'm hoping there is some real airtime on those hills. If not, it's just another generic out and back hyper.. and being a CF park, we know they'll trim the heck out of it so you'll always feel it's lacking something.. but I'll hope for the best.

I'll say this, if it is really $26 million, it's nice that kind of money is going somewhere else other than Cedar Point. But will we ever see that kind of money spent on a regional CF park inside the states?

The only B&M Hyper I have been on is Nitro though, and from what I have heard it is one of the worst B&M Hypers, so I really don't have much expierence with B&M's Hypercoasters to compare this to.

Mitch's 2006 steel poll results:

1. S:ROS

2. EGF

3. Nemesis

4. Goliath (Walabi)

5. Katun

6. MF

7. Nitro

8. Black Mamba

9. Pyrenees

10. Goliath (SFOG)

You must be speaking to the wrong people.

Wow, and after all the groundless speculation about this being a floorless giga inverted diving machine with AIDS, it turns out that Screamscape was right all along.

This coaster looks great. I wish it had predrop like on Bull. The trains are EXTREMELY pointless also. Being able to ride along with 3 of your friends in one row is one of the best parts about B&Ms.

Nothing surprising here, except the height, and the trains. I was figuring it would be about ten feet taller than Goliath, just enough to trump Six Flags' "tallest in Canada" claim. The seating looks really stupid, and I agree with all the criticism of it on here so far.

That said, I suppose it will be an upgrade on everything else in the park, but with the plethora of trim brakes and the lack of a distinguishing feature, I can't see it being much better than "fun", nor can I see it giving Wonderland an improvement on it's "get the credit and get out" image.

Eh, if you think the other Goliath's are boring, I wouldn't get your hopes up for this one.

Heck, you might as well save all of us a couple minutes of queue time and just not get in line.

Why? Goliath is a boring and overrated coaster by most peoples standards. At least the one at SFMM. I rode this thing right after it opened and a year ago. OK first drop then its all down hill completed by a boring helix.It is not that good of a coaster and I am happy this is not a clone of it.

The only B&M Hyper I have been on is Nitro though, and from what I have heard it is one of the worst B&M Hypers, so I really don't have much expierence with B&M's Hypercoasters to compare this to.

Mitch's 2006 steel poll results:

1. S:ROS

2. EGF

3. Nemesis

4. Goliath (Walabi)

5. Katun

6. MF

7. Nitro

8. Black Mamba

9. Pyrenees

10. Goliath (SFOG)

You must be speaking to the wrong people.

I know that Nitro tends to place pretty high in those polls, but I have also heard alot of people say that Goliath at SFOG and Apolo's Chariot are much better then Nitro, and I wasn't a big fan of Nitro myself (I prefer more aggressive coasters with ejector air).

Looks VERY COOL. I wonder how they are going incorporate the seatbelt into the train. I believe that this will be the first B&M hyper coaster to have seatbelt.

Atleast Nitro and Silver Star started out with seatbelts, but due to them not being needed and often coming undone, they were removed. They came out from the side of the seat and attached to lap bar.

Eh, if you think the other Goliath's are boring, I wouldn't get your hopes up for this one.

Heck, you might as well save all of us a couple minutes of queue time and just not get in line.

Why? Goliath is a boring and overrated coaster by most peoples standards. At least the one at SFMM. I rode this thing right after it opened and a year ago. OK first drop then its all down hill completed by a boring helix.It is not that good of a coaster and I am happy this is not a clone of it.

Goliath at SFMM is Giovanola, not B&M, and thus is no indication of the qaulity of this coaster.

Anyway, this definatly does look like a good coaster, don't get me wrong, but I am worried about how much the trims will affect the airtime on the ride (If they are even on the actual ride itself, not just in the animation) as well as generally the speed it takes the camelbacks. As I said, I prefer ejector air over floater, so this ride is unlikely to be my cup of tea.

Yeah the trains are a "tad" weird, but oh well. At least it's a hyper.

I think everyone should be thankful that its not a Goliath clone. Just knowing that it is not a clone of one of these boring coasters gets me excited. It should be a great coaster and I think we will all agree after it opens and we get to ride it.

Goliath boring?

I would hardly call Goliath South boring since it's my favorite steel coaster.

I haven't been on it's Northern cousin though.

Why? Goliath is a boring and overrated coaster by most peoples standards. At least the one at SFMM. I rode this thing right after it opened and a year ago.

Goliath at SFMM was not built by B&M and is not even remotley the same layout as the other North American versions (both built by B&M).