TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Canada's Wonderland sent emails out to Season Passholders  yesterday announcing that they will be opening for the 2021 season on May 14th, 2021! As already known, reservations will be required to visit the park. Here's hoping the May 14th opening date holds true! :)

Canada's Wonderland Opening Date Season Passholder E-Mail.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

^ I wish that Playland(PNE) would post something like that, by now.

Patience, patience I keep telling myself. Eventually....

The last time I was in the park was for the premiere night of Winterfest held on November 22nd, 2019, which was 434 days ago! Hopefully they are able to keep their opening date as planned and remain open for their 40th anniversary! I need some normalcy in my life again as going that long without amusement parks is quite depressing! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming they are allowed to open mat 14 i am not sure if there is a pass holder preview day but either way i am just glad they found a way to be permitted to open. 

i am thinking i may buy a meal plan just to support them since i have already paid for my pass. 

at this point as much as i would love to ride some rollercoasters i would like to support them as they reopen. 

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, Canada's Wonderland had updated their website, along with other Cedar Fair parks. While browsing through the updated website, there have been two noticeable changes to a dining location and a merchandise location both located in Planet Snoopy. Snoopy's Suppertime was renamed Carrousel Kitchen and Snoopy's Boutique was simply renamed Character House.

The renaming of these locations is probably due to the addition of Beagle Brigade Airfield (Zamperla Flying Tigers ride) that replaced Peanuts Putt Putts Mini Golf which closed at the end of the 2019 season. It is always nice to see dining and merchandise locations receive a new name or new look once in a while.

I can't wait to see the other changes the park has made since they last operated in 2019 and for their 40th anniversary this year! :)

• 1 month later...

Just announced: 2020 and 2021 season passes will be good through labour day 2022!

Considering I have platinum from Wonderland, and Cedar Point is my park of choice,  and I bought the platinum all season fast lane, this works amazingly in my favor! The FAQ says add ons will carry over as well.

I'm guessing when 2023 passes go on sale they will allow the rest of 2022 to make up for the lost season.

I'll take it!! :D

4 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Just announced: 2020 and 2021 season passes will be good through labour day 2022!

Considering I have platinum from Wonderland, and Cedar Point is my park of choice,  and I bought the platinum all season fast lane, this works amazingly in my favor! The FAQ says add ons will carry over as well.

I'm guessing when 2023 passes go on sale they will allow the rest of 2022 to make up for the lost season.

I'll take it!! :D

Also within the park update released by the park today, they state to be aiming for an early to mid-summer opening date for the 2021 season. I think this is possible to achieve as the roll out of the vaccine in Ontario is really starting to ramp up. Here's hoping the 2021 season isn't a complete write-off like the 2020 season! :)

"2020 Canada’s Wonderland Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through to Labour Day 2022."

Wow, guess there's another benefit to buying through CW's site LOL.

• Like 1

The text I quoted was directly from CW's website; stating that Canada's Wonderland Platinum Passes would be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through "Labour" Day 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

"2020 Canada’s Wonderland Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through to Labour Day 2022."

Wow, guess there's another benefit to buying through CW's site LOL.

And in CDN $ too, which should make it a real deal for American buyers. 🤑

(Unless it's not really a real deal for anybody.)

• 2 weeks later...

The Provincial Government of Ontario released a three-step reopening plan today as the province has been in a stay-at-home order/ lockdown since April 8th, with it ending on June 2nd. In step two of the three-step plan, amusement parks will be able to reopen if 70% of the adult population in Ontario get vaccinated and 20 percent are vaccinated with two doses. I strongly feel this is possible as the role out of vaccines has greatly ramped up over the past few weeks in Ontario.

If all goes well, Canada's Wonderland could possibly be reopening by mid-late July by the looks of things! More about Ontario's reopening plan can be found here:)

Step Two Reopening Plan May 2021.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

My watch just buzzed and it was a message from Canada's Wonderland saying they are reopening July 5th for season passholders and July 7th for the GP.  Reservations appear to be required.  Obviously I won't be going since the border is still closed... but this is very good news for the park that had been sitting dormant for a year and a half.  

Edit: Face Masks are required for all guests age 2 and up in all areas of the park and temp checks will be given at the main entrance.  

Wow! Starting on July 24th they plan to be open from 10am to 10pm every day of the week.

Does anyone want to do pool to bet on what day the "We want to be sure we're delivering fun and memorable experiences to our guests so we have adjusted our hours to now close super early and also we'll pay you $20 CAD per hour please come and work for us" tweet goes out? Do you guys think it would be better to just pick dates and do the closest without going over or do like a super bowl box type thing where we randomize it to make it more fair? I'm thinking $5 a box (Canadian dollars to be festive) but I'm of course open to suggestions.

If we're just openly picking dates I'm going with July 9th. It's a Friday so a great time to bury the story...

• Haha 1

I've got a couple of loonies and toonies lying around, so I'm game!  I'll go with July 28th.  Want to give them a few days of the 10 pm close before they realize they don't have enough people and then make the announcement.  

Obviously there's a much bigger pool of people to pull from in the GTA, so maybe they won't have any issues.  But this is CF we're talking about, and Bill has been pretty much spot on in all his assessments thus far this year!  

• Like 1

Honestly they might pull it off but I just don't understand why they would do it this way after screwing it up over and over and over again. Obviously it's a different country with different programs and situations and it's a very densely populated area but why wouldn't they just list early closings and then extend them later once they know that they have the staff? Listing a 7PM closing won't stop anyone from going. If they extend it later they look good and if they don't extend it nobody will care. I feel like they're putting themselves in a position to potentially piss everyone off (again) for no reason.

• Like 1

^ Last summer, when Playland was open here and there through the months, I found that wearing a well fitting mask was no problem. Speed presses it against your face, so that's not a big deal.

As long as it fits well around your nose and chin, then you should be fine.

I have no idea what inversion coasters do to masks .... anyone out there to advise on those and any other bigger coasters?

And by the way .... yes, there will be masking falling off, because don't have them on properly, and/or don't leave them alone.

IMG_2431.JPG.ea10aa78bec53309ac9cbeb7d8a51783.JPG

Mine held on! Taken Sept.07, 2020. Looks wierd, but it still works okay.

I went to Cedar Point and Kings Island last summer and rode most of the big coasters, including Banshee, Steel Vengeance, etc. I didn't have any problems with my mask staying on at either park. I didn't see masks flying off people's faces either.

I've found this to be an old argument used mostly by anti-maskers to avoid wearing masks at parks. Bottom line: if you wear your mask correctly, it'll stay on your face. Also speaking from experience of 4 days at parks in November with masks. 

9 hours ago, thirstydeer said:

Am I the only one having a bit of a tough time picturing going on coasters like Yukon Striker and Leviathan with a mask on?  There's gonna be a looooooot of masks falling off rides.

Absolutely.

Nobody had a problem on Kingda Ka, Maverick, Orion (which is very similar to Leviathan), Top Thrill Dragster, Formula Rossa, El Toro, Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster and Steel Vengeance for the past 12 months when most of the world has already had their theme parks open and has been doing this without issue but Wonderland’s B&M collection is where they’ll totally meet their match. 

Wonderland is one of the last major parks in the world to reopen. The rest of the world has been doing this for a year+ in some cases. There have been no issues on any ride anywhere.

When I saw this conversation I felt like I stepped into a time machine to last May.