TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'll say it plainer for you Bill. I am referring to the people in line for Guardian, The Bat, The Fly, Thunder Run, who have already bought FL+, but can't use it on these coasters. If these coasters were added to FL+, then these lines would be much shorter for the people who do not use FL+. Understand now Bill?

That makes no sense at all.

Fast passes generally do not have any impact on the length of the regular line and any enthusiast, especially one on this forum should understand this. Its simple, and if you needed a "plainer" explanation here you go:

The same people waiting in the fast pass queue would just be waiting in the regular line if there was no fast pass. So the wait would be the same.

Sure you can argue about the handful of enthusiasts that will abuse fast pass and ride over and over but we all know that only makes up a small percentage of people at any park.

I would guess the increase to the Fast Lane lines is due to the promotion. Everyone that renewed their passes got a free FL+. That's a lot of people. It would be better if they made the free FL+ valid for next season instead of this one to spread out the user base IMO (or at least optional to use next year).

^Yeah, this was my thinking as well. I am just going, expecting that the FL+ lines will be longer than normal for a Sunday after school starts. Hopefully they're not too bad still, but it is what it is, and with it being free, I can't really complain.

So, for those of you from the US who have utilized an Enhanced License to cross the border into Canada (and back), how did that go? Smoothly? Complicated? I got mine for the first time this month, and am heading over to Canada next month for the first time since before they changed the policy, and am just wanting to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Another question for regulars of CW I have, is perhaps a little silly, but I was wondering if Leviathan still has a dedicated store, and merch. I love the name, colors, and logo of this coaster, so unless the ride is an abomination (which seems impossible), I'll be wanting to get a shirt, and maybe some other merch. If they don't really have much in that regard anymore though, I wanted to get a heads-up in advance, so I won't be surprised upon getting there. Again, thanks in advance!

Every year I go to wonderland and I am only really disappointed about the available schwag. This year I was determined to get a hat or shirt and there is just not much to choose from. I guess it's just not Wonderlands thing. Leviathan does have a shop at exit but it is not so great (such a great logo and such a poor selection), Yukon's shop had even fewer available choices (new coaster, I get it, but still). As for enhanced licence, easy process, show licence, scan licence, answer a couple questions , and enjoy Canada. Have fun, merchandise aside, this is a great park and FL+ is the best here for the top rides. as a CP regular this place is a walk on with it in comparison.

Every year I go to wonderland and I am only really disappointed about the available schwag. This year I was determined to get a hat or shirt and there is just not much to choose from. I guess it's just not Wonderlands thing. Leviathan does have a shop at exit but it is not so great (such a great logo and such a poor selection), Yukon's shop had even fewer available choices (new coaster, I get it, but still). As for enhanced licence, easy process, show licence, scan licence, answer a couple questions , and enjoy Canada. Have fun, merchandise aside, this is a great park and FL+ is the best here for the top rides. as a CP regular this place is a walk on with it in comparison.

I noticed that about the merch too. Even before getting there, I had it in my mind that I wanted to get a nice Leviathan golf shirt (kind of like the Steel Vengeance and Gatekeeper ones CP usually has.) I couldn't find anything remotely wearable that was Leviathan themed, but they did have a few decent Yukon Striker things (makes sense.) Ended up snagging a New Era / Yukon Striker hat that says Canada's Wonderland on the side. If you didn't know any better it just looks like a sports team logo hat.

Here's the thing with FL+. Those who want to waste their money on FL+ are complaining that Guardian, The Fly, The Bat, Thunder Run are not on FL+. But the people who are really complaining are the people who do not use FL+. If these coasters were to be put on FL+, then the regular lines would be much shorter and that is why I will never buy a FL+ at my home park. It is just not necessary. Let the out-of-town visitors on more FL+ coasters and make the regular lines much shorter for the people who go to Wonderland every day. Makes sense?

Agree it doesn't make sense but FL+ is not needed if you are local even on busy days.

With smart time management you can easily knockoff the big rides each with less than a 30 minute wait.

It is only if you were there for a single day and wanted every credit (I would do B&M rerides versus credit whoring the clones) or really want a bunch of rerides would FL+ be worth it.

Ironically, the past few years I haven't even used my FL+ freebee because the park is so empty when they are offered, I would spend more time getting the pass than using it.

I thought the merch at CW was alright when I went. Picked up quite a cool Streetfighter-inspired Leviathan vs Behemoth t-shirt anyway That was about 3 years ago mind.

CW has some pretty great merchandise if you take the time to look for it. Since I’ve been visiting they’ve definitely stepped up their game. I agree Leviathan could use some refreshed merch but it’s WAY better than selection I’ve seen at other parks (SFDL and SFNE to be specific). Plus, throwing my two cents in a little bit more - I feel like the amount of merch Cedar Point has in all honesty has declined since they opened the rethemed Point Plaza. Before that place was full of cool shirts and what not, now they have maybe 5 or 6 designs total in there? Even the general store rework has slashed merch you can find down quite a bit.

My two go-to stores are currently Pagoda (always a good one) and the Steel Vengeance gift shop aka the Frontiertown Emporium. Speed Zone is a decent one too.

At CW, the Canada’s Wonderland Store, Yukon Striker’s Gift Shop (to an extent) and True North Gifts are the places to get the best merch. Behemoth’s gift shop used to be that way, but now it’s really nothing special.

Looks like our first visit and only day in the park is going to be very rainy we have another day in Ontario but I dare not try and switch our itinerary to go to the park tomorrow, as our passes and FL+ are dated for today. It's probably going to be dead and FL unnecessary anyway but but who knew two months ago. I hope I can get all my rides in between raindrops. The kicker is tomorrow shows 0% rain. Ugh going to make the best of it!

Looks like our first visit and only day in the park is going to be very rainy we have another day in Ontario but I dare not try and switch our itinerary to go to the park tomorrow, as our passes and FL+ are dated for today. It's probably going to be dead and FL unnecessary anyway but but who knew two months ago. I hope I can get all my rides in between raindrops. The kicker is tomorrow shows 0% rain. Ugh going to make the best of it!

Don't let the rain dampen your spirits! Some of the best days to visit Canada's Wonderland are on days with a bit of rain, like today! Most, if not all rides will be operational while its misting and/or drizzling. Just dress for the weather and enjoy! I look forward to seeing how it was at the park today.

^ I made the decision to skip Canada's Wonderland on a rainy Saturday back on Memorial Day weekend. I had been to the park in light rain with no issues, but this was a "weather alert" level rainstorm with thunder and hail. I was fearful they'd close early or not operate anything. That proved to be a mistake.

I went the next day when it was bright and sunny. All of Canada decided to visit.

Meanwhile coasterbill went on that miserable rainy day and had entire stations to himself. And they stayed open until 10 as scheduled.

The first half of the day was incredibly pissy wet and we got needled by rain on Behemoth. Bought ponchos, went to the car, put on dry clothes and it stopped raining! The rest of the day was FANTASTIC. We are back at our b&b now, having ridden every coaster twice or more (except Taxi Jam). I call it a success. My only complaint is that it stayed grey all day, so my photos are less than ideal but for a first go at CA, very satisfied. Leviathan is as good or better than Fury 325 and YS edges Valravn. Behemoth was my personal highlight, airtime machines do it for me. We saved our ponchos to bring to CP for Halloweekends.Cheers!

As somebody who will be going to CW in less than two weeks, and as we get closer, the forecast is now calling for possible showers and thunderstorms (after looking beautiful a week ago), I am glad to hear that even with it raining, you're still able to ride plenty of things, and have a good time. The FL+ benefit was mitigated, I'm sure, but in the end, the goal is to wait less, so however that is achieved is what's important. Here's hoping I have a similar day, with a threat of rain, but little actual rain, and low crowds as a result!

The first half of the day was incredibly pissy wet and we got needled by rain on Behemoth. Bought ponchos, went to the car, put on dry clothes and it stopped raining! The rest of the day was FANTASTIC. We are back at our b&b now, having ridden every coaster twice or more (except Taxi Jam). I call it a success. My only complaint is that it stayed grey all day, so my photos are less than ideal but for a first go at CA, very satisfied. Leviathan is as good or better than Fury 325 and YS edges Valravn. Behemoth was my personal highlight, airtime machines do it for me. We saved our ponchos to bring to CP for Halloweekends.Cheers!

It sounds like you had an amazing time after all! I do agree that Behemoth is an airtime machine! It's also good to hear that the ponchos will come in use for your future visit to Cedar Point. Thanks for the update on your visit to Canada's Wonderland!

Yeah Behemoth is the best of the Cedar Fair hypers by far.