TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I want to note that we woke up at 3:45 to get to the airport 3 hours early for our 8:15 flight, as suggested. Anyone who suggested this can eat shit.

I suggested it. You are welcome. Not often that you hear people complaining that it only took half an hour to get through US customs. I wonder how it could have been so short? Nothing to do with arriving early!

Just be aware that US preborder clearance at YYZ is notorious for long lines and delay (US customs is known for that worldwide) so my suggestion was based on what Toronto Pearson itself recommends, what my colleagues who work at the airport recommend and what I have experienced myself travelling out of YYZ (it is my home airport and I work there so I have "some" idea).

Saying I can "eat s***" because you had to get up early and didn't get screwed over at customs....don't really know what to say. Would you say the same to someone who suggested getting to a park for rope drop so that you can ride stuff without having to wait in line?

I am sorry your flight was delayed though...that is something I sympathise with.

I wouldn't normally respond to stuff like your comment, but it sounded like you would much rather get stuck in an hour and a half long line up at US preborder clearance. Glad you didn't this time...…..who knows next time. I suggest you experiment afew times with flying back into the US from various locations before giving abuse to someone who has actually done it.

Anyway......Glad that you had a good visit to the park...great pictures.

I want to note that we woke up at 3:45 to get to the airport 3 hours early for our 8:15 flight, as suggested. Anyone who suggested this can eat shit.

I suggested it. You are welcome. Not often that you hear people complaining that it only took half an hour to get through US customs. I wonder how it could have been so short? Nothing to do with arriving early!

Just be aware that US preborder clearance at YYZ is notorious for long lines and delay (US customs is known for that worldwide) so my suggestion was based on what Toronto Pearson itself recommends, what my colleagues who work at the airport recommend and what I have experienced myself travelling out of YYZ (it is my home airport and I work there so I have "some" idea).

Saying I can "eat s***" because you had to get up early and didn't get screwed over at customs....don't really know what to say. Would you say the same to someone who suggested getting to a park for rope drop so that you can ride stuff without having to wait in line?

I am sorry your flight was delayed though...that is something I sympathise with.

I wouldn't normally respond to stuff like your comment, but it sounded like you would much rather get stuck in an hour and a half long line up at US preborder clearance. Glad you didn't this time...…..who knows next time. I suggest you experiment afew times with flying back into the US from various locations before giving abuse to someone who has actually done it.

Sounded a lot more like he was just being humorous in a dry, slightly sardonic way.

Anyone notice the MCBR on Yukon Striker has a very violent shake to it?

It was not noticeable yesterday, but today, it almost felt like an earthquake. Everyone on my train spoke out about it. I watched 3-4 more trains and it was apparent from the ground.

Nah, it was just a joke. I also researched and everything you guys said, what I read from various sites online, and what I saw on Toronto Pearson's online source said to get to the airport three hours early. It was just a WTF moment since it didn't take very long and we got up so early. It worked out really well. We were able to relax in the diner right inside the terminal, drink coffee, and have a nice breakfast. Little did we know we had more time to kill... I think we were early enough to beat the US Customs morning rush. I think we were there at 5am.

Sounded a lot more like he was just being humorous in a dry, slightly sardonic way.

That's me in a nutshell. My TPR snapchat friends can attest to that.

Nah, it was just a joke. I also researched and everything you guys said, what I read from various sites online, and what I saw on Toronto Pearson's online source said to get to the airport three hours early. It was just a WTF moment since it didn't take very long and we got up so early. It worked out really well. We were able to relax in the diner right inside the terminal, drink coffee, and have a nice breakfast. Little did we know we had more time to kill... I think we were early enough to beat the US Customs morning rush. I think we were there at 5am

In that case, I apologise to you. You caught me in the middle of a cycle of night shifts (when I am a grumpy sod anyway!) and I misread the tone of your report...and that is on me. I realised after two responses (including yours) that I should have read it a bit more carefully...probably when I was more awake! It would have saved me a snarky response...when there should have been none. The only downside of social media sometimes is that it can be difficult to get the "tone" of a post or the like if you aren't fully concentrating or miss the sarcasm/humour in it. I did this time....and for that.....I offer "mea culpa" and apologies again.

In fact I will go as far to say..that you are one of the travellers that we LOVE at YYZ who actually do what the f*** is the sensible thing to do!!..as draining as it is!!

Thanks for the report...and I am glad it worked out in the end. Sorry Air Canada f***ed up for you. Glad you like Yukon Striker!

I think it was actually Delta that screwed us over and they got us on a later flight with Air Canada, so that worked out. You're preaching to the choir on the night shift thing, so no problem. It's pretty easy to not interpret that as a joke.

^Awesome news! Thanks for that!

It just mentions the CW Sesason Pass there, and on the website, so do you know if this same deal will apply to the Platinum Passes as well? It would be so great if it did! Our visit is the 7th of September, and those Fast Lanes would definitely come in handy!

^ yes, it applies to platinum as well! As long as you buy it from the wonderland site and process it there / use it there first, you will get those benefits for CW

Keep in mind it will be an international purchase and your card may decline / you may need to call your credit card company to authorize the purchase depending on the card.

^Yeah, that's good advice, from both of you. Do you know if it's the same with Debit Cards? I imagine I should probably still inform them, just to be on the safe side.

*Edited to add: For those of you who have experience with buying FLP at CW, do you have any idea how many, "a very limited number" of FLP are sold each day? I'd hate to get there at open, go to pick up my free FLP, and find out that they're already sold out for the day. Given that I wouldn't be able to return this year if that were the case, I'd really rather avoid that happening! So any info or tips are appreciated! Thanks!

It should also be noted that this pass is cheaper than a 2019 full-season Fastlane Plus at Cedar Point that’s only good for one park.

At least this/last year's. We don't know pricing for the CP 2020 all-season FL+ do we?

That's why I stated 2019, we don't know the prices yet but we DO know that they just raised the prices on their single-day Fastlane passes a few weeks ago so I don't expect the price to go down.

Quite the savings to buy there if that's Canadian dollars.

It is. The sales tax rate is extremely high which eats into the difference a little bit but it's still a huge savings.

Canada's Wonderland has sent us a press release about their new additions for 2020, Mountain Bay Cliffs and Beagle Brigade Airfield in Planet Snoopy!

Mountain-Bay-Cliffs.jpg.81bd06503a5a2398ef633c6e5f26cca3.jpg

Canada’s Wonderland is taking guest adventures to new heights in 2020 with the addition of a multi-level cliff jumping attraction in the water park and an exciting airplane ride for children in Planet Snoopy.

Adventure awaits at Mountain Bay Cliffs, situated high above the landscape of Splash Works water park. Guests can experience the exhilaration of cliff jumping from a variety of heights into the water below, with the ultimate challenge of conquering the highest peak at seven-and-a-half metres (25 feet).

Beagle Brigade Airfield flies into Planet Snoopy next year, and will feature six suspended airplanes that zip through the air, taking its young pilots for an exciting flight. Beagle Brigade Airfield will zoom along an oval course swinging through sharp banked turns, bringing smiles to children and parents alike.

“We’re committed to finding new ways to deliver fun, immersive and memorable experiences to guests of all ages,” said Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager at Canada’s Wonderland. “The addition of Mountain Bay Cliffs in Splash Works will offer our guests a unique outdoor experience unlike any other. And Beagle Brigade Airfield promises to be a favourite for children, as we continue to expand our family attractions in KidZville and Planet Snoopy.”

When guests purchase their 2020 Season Pass* now they can enjoy the park immediately, getting unlimited visits for the rest of 2019, as well as 2020 ­– all for only $73.99 or 12 easy online payments of $6.16.

Our guests can enjoy four seasons of fun with a 2020 GOLD Pass that includes all the benefits of a Season Pass, plus free admission to WinterFest and Halloween Haunt this season as well as in 2020. All for only $99.99 or 12 easy online payments of $8.33. Both deals are available for a limited time.

*The regular Season Pass does not include Halloween Haunt or WinterFest

For more park information including events, tickets and hours of operation, visit http://www.canadaswonderland.com/

Beagle-Brigade-Airfield.jpg.721872f28e55f974e7aadebe5725168b.jpg