TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Is has been on 2 train operation for the last 4 days, except yesterday from 10:30-2pm, and the day before from 6pm on. Standing in line right now. So even with 2 trains and a regular crowded day it's always around the 2 hour mark.

Edited by appel

Oh wow so it has a 100 minute wait already with 2 trains? That park is ridiculous.

I should have known. When we were there last month it was pouring and the forecast was awful, Before we got there I was worried that they would close early since the place would probably be empty. As it turned out, we waited 60 minutes for Yukon Striker in the pouring rain on a day where almost any other regional park would be empty. I always forget how insanely crowded that place gets.

My group went on Yukon Striker 12 times after park close, between 8:30PM and 10:30PM, with many times not having to get off. Is that a current record?

Yes. You win.

Are we sure? Was Guinness there to verify your world record breaking feat?

My group went on Yukon Striker 12 times after park close, between 8:30PM and 10:30PM, with many times not having to get off. Is that a current record?

Yes. You win.

Are we sure? Was Guinness there to verify your world record breaking feat?

Guinness was not there, however, the ride ops were letting us stay on, so just ask them the next time you visit.

They will remember that night.

Went over to Canada's Wonderland to see how their fireworks show was for Canada Day compared to Niagara Falls (where we had been going for a few years prior since its so much closer to home back in Buffalo) and I have to say it was really no comparison. We will gladly be returning to Wonderland for our Canada Day firework fix in the future! Below I have some photos and the link to the fireworks so y'all can see what I'm talking about. Great show!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

10F74D67-5643-4CDE-95D4-468470079FDF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.61ddd19e78fed172ccc215934ee03ce8.jpeg

293FC52C-2219-4CD8-9B11-E5B98A99DE06_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.21616374629814b0ff4f560b9a2a8764.jpeg

4A1EE180-962C-4612-AEF1-2EA893485CAF.thumb.png.072ccac121934b830aa2e7711c402f9b.png

6CD130C8-F0AE-49E0-AB8F-8C401BA3E90E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6bf36900c4cb6e1dd8bc98dcd2a95b08.jpeg

EE1CB8D8-B5C9-4CBA-A34C-4D3BB7115BE7_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6d1b1decaeceb41f5b197fc21e35b94e.jpeg

Went over to Canada's Wonderland to see how their fireworks show was for Canada Day compared to Niagara Falls (where we had been going for a few years prior since its so much closer to home back in Buffalo) and I have to say it was really no comparison. We will gladly be returning to Wonderland for our Canada Day firework fix in the future! Below I have some photos and the link to the fireworks so y'all can see what I'm talking about. Great show!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Thank you for sharing these great photos and video of the Canada Day fireworks display at Canada's Wonderland! They definitely do look amazing as it lights up the sky and shows Yukon Striker in a different light!

Great shots with both the fireworks and Yukon Striker!

Seeing the fireworks over the falls was cool, but the display was pretty short when I saw them on Memorial Day weekend. Consider how often they shoot off fireworks, I totally get why they're short though.

^ In their defense they do longer shows for the Canadian holidays, it’s just that Wonderland has the budget to do... oh so much more

Seriously one kick-booty fireworks show for sure! No wonder the place was so busy!

Was at the park today. First time in the splash works section. Was in line with my 4 year old for a ride on the lazy river, and three guys... probably in early 20s... exited the disembark area, and walked 10 footsteps and then hopped the line to join friends who were waiting in line. They were also fully clothed with their pants drooping and underwear exposed.

Right behind me was a lady criticizing the way they run the lazy river, saying that it's "stupid" people have to give up their dinghy and get only one turn. They should be able to stay on and not have to give it up, citing Wild Water Kingdom as a comparison... conveniently forgetting you have to pay for dinghies to use on the rides. There are a few free ones circulating around the river but you have to wait a long time to get one.

Otherwise a great day at the park with what was a daddy & son day. I must say I under-rated the fun at the water section of the park.

I'm going to be at CW in two weeks and was just wondering about Yukon Striker. Has the Valravn incident caused Yukon Striker to run one train operations, or is it still full capacity? Also, we'll be there on a Thursday, so I'm hopeful all coasters are open. Are the crowds usually low on a Thursday or do Canadians flock to Wonderland on that day? Just curious if I need to plan on fast lane or not. Of course, I'll see for myself when I get there, and I know no one can see the future, but just curious if anyone has ever visited CW on a Thursday in July before...Appreciate any insight. Any attractions that carry long waits I should ride first or are there any that typically open late after park opening...I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Assuming you will be there at park opening, if you are interested in doing Wonder Mountains Guardian, absolutely 100% go there first. The capacity is abysmal and half of the seats are roped off because they don't work. If you wait, that could be the longest line of the day.

If you go on Sunday and are a passholder take advantage of early entry.

Honestly the lines build up FAST around the entire park, and with the addition of Yukon I don't know the best strategy anymore as I've only been to the park twice this year.

My other advice is to budget for FAST LANE +. Crowds get pretty crazy and you WILL be waiting on long lines around the entire park. It's worth the money. Wonder Mountain is not on Fast Lane so still make sure you go there first and THEN get your Fast Lane. Going there at ropedrop is critical... don't waste time getting your wristbands.

Have fun!

An alternative opinion, from a friend whom has never purchased Fast Lane at Wonderland

How I’ve done it in the past is I’ve rope dropped (or in this park’s case, rope walked) Leviathan to get the big ride out of the way right off the bat, plus it’s fun to do so why not? Then I’ll head off toward what is now Frontier Canada and ride things that peak my interest as I go. One may consider Drop Tower, Vortex, Lumberjack, Shockwave, etc. on their way around. Of course now there’s a new attraction over there that may get a hefty line. I found that the single rider line was quite useful when it was past the track (you have to walk under the track to get into the station, if the line is longer than the stairs you go down then it’s not worth it from my experience). Or of course you could wait in the standby line if it’s not terrible.

From there you can ride Minebuster, or use the new shortcut to get to Behemoth and the action zone rides like sledgehammer if it’s open and psyclone.

At this point how you proceed is up to you. If you’re there for the credits you can start to hit the coasters you’ve missed along the way. The longest lines will be for the Fly and Time Warp. The shortest will be for Dragon Fyre, Wilde Beast and if you’re lucky Flight Deck. If you’re just there to have fun, then do exactly that! Roam around, check out True North Gifts and the Canada’s Wonderland store, make sure to see TUNDRA at the Canterbury Theatre and stay til park close to check out Starlight Experience at the royal fountain (projections, water and laser show - pretty neat little thing)

I’ve done Wonderland before where I’ve just gone for fireworks, or to ride the greatest hits, or lastly to ride every coaster I could. Being the middle of the summer I’d assume sans fast lane the best bet is riding the greatest hits - being Leviathan, Behemoth, Yukon Striker and Drop Tower (at least for me!)

Enjoy yourself regardless! It’s a busy park but it’s a fun one!

Okay after reading over this thread, I see that the Fly, Time Warp and Wonder Mountain's Guardian all have terrible operations. So what order would you ride these three rides at park opening to get the creds as fast as possible? Thanks for any feedback.