TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I wouldn't worry about the weather. Storms and rain generally clear up at some point. I don't remember the park closing due to weather during the regular season. Usually, everyone just waits out heavy rain or storms while they pass through. The only time the park has closed early on me was during an October Haunt day, where a wet snow squall made it difficult to enjoy. Even then, I assume the park closed due to very low attendance that evening more so than the weather. Guests received a voucher to return another day.

I have a question about the Halloween event. I am looking to finally make it to the park in October. The hours listed on the website show 10-5. I know Kings Island and Cedar point do a one ticket all day, but this looks like park closes then open it back up for hunt. I would take it if you got fast lane its only for the one part of the day you go? Any help or tips would be great.

I have a question about the Halloween event. I am looking to finally make it to the park in October. The hours listed on the website show 10-5. I know Kings Island and Cedar point do a one ticket all day, but this looks like park closes then open it back up for hunt. I would take it if you got fast lane its only for the one part of the day you go? Any help or tips would be great.

That is correct. Haunt has its own version of Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus, either for the mazes and/ or the rides. Haunt is a distinct event from the regular park day so if coming for Haunt, you would need to pay again for parking as well if you leave. If you're already at the park, you can opt to stay for the dinner packages they offer in between the end of the regular day and the start of Haunt. This is based on past Haunts, so definitely keep an eye out for when 2019's event information is posted for the latest and greatest.

During the day, you can always choose to buy Fast Lane after getting into the park and seeing how busy it is first, to judge if you'll really need it.

Do Plat pass also work for Haunt?

No, it's a separate event.

Actually, the Gold and Platinum Passes do allow guests to visit Halloween Haunt an unlimited amount of times. Take a look at the benefits of the season passes in the link provided.

Actually, the Gold and Platinum Passes do allow guests to visit Halloween Haunt an unlimited amount of times. Take a look at the benefits of the season passes in the link provided.

Ah, thank you I stand corrected That's bonus news for me lol

You're very welcome! As for thepoint4life23 visiting during Halloween Haunt season, I would like to point out that if he does purchase either a Fastlane or Fastlane Plus pass during the hours of Halloween Haunt (7pm through 12am), they can only be used for the rides and not the mazes (Haunted houses). If he is interested in doing the mazes and wants to do them quickly, he can purchase the Frightlane Pass, which is a punch card that can be used at all the mazes. Keep in mind that with the Frightlane card, you can only access each maze once with the card. Any visit to the mazes thereafter must be done by waiting in the regular line for the mazes.

It's the first year for it, very glad they made this change...

^ That's a really great deal, the Platinum Pass is. Only $218 Cdn and that's roughly = $160+ U.S.

And that includes admission to other CF parks, too. Great deal IMhO.

You're very welcome! As for thepoint4life23 visiting during Halloween Haunt season, I would like to point out that if he does purchase either a Fastlane or Fastlane Plus pass during the hours of Halloween Haunt (7pm through 12am), they can only be used for the rides and not the mazes (Haunted houses). If he is interested in doing the mazes and wants to do them quickly, he can purchase the Frightlane Pass, which is a punch card that can be used at all the mazes. Keep in mind that with the Frightlane card, you can only access each maze once with the card. Any visit to the mazes thereafter must be done by waiting in the regular line for the mazes.

Yep. Haunt events are always packed when we go on Saturdays. When we go to KI, we spring for the FL+ and the Fright Lane Card. It's priceless. There's zero planning and we are able to leisurely ride everything with multiple re-rides and hit every haunt without planning while taking plenty of time in between to relax and enjoy a beer or two. Meanwhile, everyone else is waiting in lines over an hour long.

Was at the park last weekend, saw first hand they're taking line jumping at least a bit more seriously than they have in the past (which was not at all). 2 guys joined the single rider line on YS, and after the merge point of FL/Standby, switched over to the front row lane. Cast member working at the merge point saw and pointed them out to security, who were waiting in the station for them.

Best part is the 2 were very upset they weren't going to be allowed on.

^ That's a really great deal, the Platinum Pass is. Only $218 Cdn and that's roughly = $160+ U.S.

And that includes admission to other CF parks, too. Great deal IMhO.

Hear this! A Platinum pass is $218 USD from American parks but $218 CDN here. Our family bought 4 at Wonderland as we also plan on visiting parks in the US this year.q

I had to use FastLane this past Sunday as the park was slammed. Most of the FastLane queues I used brought you right to the station and since Canada's Wonderland assigns rows on most coasters (you can request a row still), you're usually on the ride in less than 5 minutes.

Just make sure you knock out Guardian early. It isn't on the FastLane and we ended up skipping it on this visit since the queue was 90 minutes. It pained me to do so since I really like the ride, but I couldn't justify that wait when I could ride Leviathan 7-8 times in the same time span.

^ My girlfriend loves beaver tails (fried dough with maple syrup, cinnamon, etc) but I'm not sure if they're on the dining plan. As a heads up, food lines were painful on Sunday. I was able to ride two coasters in the time it took for her to make it through half of one food line.

Maybe it's cause Tim Horton's has no presence in Cleveland whatsoever, but I find their coffee terrible. Worse than Starbucks. I've gotten it in NY, southern Ohio and in Toronto and it's literally the worse. lol

You're going to start a war with that comment.

The Tim Horton's is actually super cheap too. A donut is about one US dollar. That's insane for a corporate theme park.

Even the Tim Horton's at Darien Lake was ridiculously cheap. I think a donut cost the same there.