TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

As a fan of dive coasters (particularly Griffon) I think this looks fantastic, and I'm amazed at some of the negative comments I'm seeing elsewhere. Like... if you think a 250ft 80mph coaster with a vertical drop into a tunnel under a lake looks like it will be boring... you should probably just find a new hobby.

Edited by boldikus

I think this will be a solid addition to the park, and that tunnel looks sick. I like the new inversions, but for me the best part of a dive coaster has always been getting whipped over the drops (back row) and floating around between the seat and the restraint. The vest restraints on Valravn took away the float, and now this is taking away the nice 2nd drop. Will it be a good ride? Sure. But for what I enjoy, I would have rather them have found a way to keep a big drop after the MCBR (maybe Dive Loop->MCBR->Veritcal Drop->Vertical Loop?). I don't have a problem with the helix though.

Yay! It's not named Zits!

OMG. If you're going to post about the stupid joke at least spell it correctly!!!

I guess we'll never see it spelled correctly again, right? #NewWordFilter

Yukon Striker looks awesome! I really like the newer layouts of the dive coasters. And that drop

Yay! It's not named Zits!

OMG. If you're going to post about the stupid joke at least spell it correctly!!!

...well played.

Yukon Striker looks good. As someone said before, it's about time they did a dive coaster with a vertical loop considering that the loop has literally been the only element available on RollerCoaster Tycoon's vertical drop coaster since the dawn of time.

Any idea if Yukon Striker will be included in a 2019 Fast Lane Plus Pass? I can't find any information on the CW website.

No... they definitely won't be adding the brand new coaster to Fastlane Plus. Why would they ever do such a thing?

Can tell if you're being sarcastic or not but if you're not why wouldn't they include it? They did for Behemoth and Leviathan. It'll help sell more of those expensive tickets.

Another new thing announced is the gold pass which will include Halloween Haunt and Winterfest. From reading the benefits, looks like they are taking things away from the regular season pass. Early entry will be for Gold and Platinum pass holders now. Its about time they offered more things for higher level pass holders

Any idea if Yukon Striker will be included in a 2019 Fast Lane Plus Pass? I can't find any information on the CW website.

No... they definitely won't be adding the brand new coaster to Fastlane Plus. Why would they ever do such a thing?

Can tell if you're being sarcastic or not but if you're not why wouldn't they include it? They did for Behemoth and Leviathan. It'll help sell more of those expensive tickets.

Yes, it'll end up being on FastLane Plus, usually the shiny new ride is.

This is you:

giphy.gif

Edited by robbalvey

This looks great. I enjoy the color scheme and am happy they went with this name and not something ridiculous. I've long wished B&M would actually go places with their Dive Machine designs, and with Valkyria and now Yukon Striker, here we are. I especially love that it doesn't immediately hit the MCBR after the first inversion. My only qualm is vest restraints, but such is life. Looking forward to trying this one out.

True, however Millennium Force didn’t hold a record(s) like Valravn does.

source.gif

Upon completion in 2000, Millennium Force broke six world records and was the world's first giga coaster . . .

Sorry if I was not clear. My point is that when CF built Fury 325, they did not take records from Millennium Force. Those records were gone only a few months after its opening when Steel Dragon 2000 came around. The scenario for Valravn / Yukon Striker is different, and that is simply what I'm trying to say.

And it is most definitely NOT a bad thing! I LOVE that CW has a huge new coaster with lots of records. I couldn't be more happy with this addition really.

All this fuzz about a fairly dull looking coaster. Why is every park buying short wing and dive coasters? What happened to inverts and floorless coasters?

Times have changed. Dive Coasters seem to be the *thing to have* right now... Just like Inverts were a while back.

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what all the complaining is about. Yukon Striker looks like a GREAT addition to the park. Sure it may not have been what every other coaster enthusiast wanted, but it still looks like a solid addition to the park. It's also refreshing to see a more unique layout on a dive coaster.

#YukonStrikerForTheWin