TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

For you season passholders will the park open up an hour early this Sunday, being the long weekend?

Also, assuming it is, would passholder bring a friend tickets also be allowed in with the passholders?

Early ride time achedule is a bit hidden on the website but this sunday leviathan area is this sundays ert area.

You can get in the front gates as a non pass holder but they have roped off the areas leading from the fountains. At the entrance to leviathan side will be an employee checking for passes. You may be able to persuadethem or ask guest aervices if you can bring a friend in early. My guess probably not.

For you season passholders will the park open up an hour early this Sunday, being the long weekend?

Also, assuming it is, would passholder bring a friend tickets also be allowed in with the passholders?

Early ride time schedule is a bit hidden on the website but leviathan area is this sundays ert area.

You can get in the front gates as a non pass holder but they have roped off the areas leading from the fountains. At the entrance to leviathan side will be an employee checking for passes. You may be able to persuade them or ask guest services if you can bring a friend in early. My guess probably not.

Can I just ask why everyone thinks this coaster is going to be shorter or as tall as Behemoth/Drop Tower?

What is the current tallest drop coaster? Don't you think they would go for a record? I don't think you could even see

it from hwy400 if it was only 230 feet and it would appear to be shorter than the mountain.

I want to answer this post myself. Valravn is 223 high and drop is 214. So anything taller than this would be a world record.

I just wasn't aware that dive coaster are relatively short. I still don't think you will be able to see it from hwy400.

^ I sense a red herring. It’s the only height they mention, of course they want you to think it’s the actual ride height. They also mention 23 Million riders on the old standup coaster. I’m sure people can argue that’s the cost of building this thing. It’s all there to throw us off. I’m willing to bet it will at least be taller than Valravn. Maybe not by much, but enough that it brings a new record to Canada!

Its already a record breaker for being the first dive coaster in Canada. I don't think it will be taller then Valravn as they like to keep the records at Cedar Point. With a smaller height it will still have a record for biggest drop when you add in the tunnel.

Most of the GP that go to Wonderland don't know other parks exist. To most it will be a good coaster regardless.

Its already a record breaker for being the first dive coaster in Canada. I don't think it will be taller then Valravn as they like to keep the records at Cedar Point. With a smaller height it will still have a record for biggest drop when you add in the tunnel.

Most of the GP that go to Wonderland don't know other parks exist. To most it will be a good coaster regardless.

I agree, but they built the tallest giga (Fury 325) at Carowinds to topple CP's Millennium Force... So maybe the record thing isn't a big issue anymore. You never know now a days as Cedar Fair always surprises me. I mean, I couldn't believe it when they announced I305 at KD!

I agree, but they built the tallest giga (Fury 325) at Carowinds to topple CP's Millennium Force... So maybe the record thing isn't a big issue anymore. You never know now a days as Cedar Fair always surprises me. I mean, I couldn't believe it when they announced I305 at KD!

I do agree with you but I would be surprised they did break Valravns record. Mainly cause I feel as much as Cedar Fair does invest in Wonderland it still doesn't feel like one of their parks.

The atmosphere is not even the same as Kings Island or Cedar Point. No mention of Platinum passes anywhere and the ride ops are not as enthusiastic as either one of those parks.

Off topic I read some where that the reason an RMC won't happen at Wonderland is cause the TSSA would want Shoulder Restraints.

Off topic I read some where that the reason an RMC won't happen at Wonderland is cause the TSSA would want Shoulder Restraints.

I mean, RMCs don't have to go upside down. Just sayin'!

Alternatively, they do have OTSRs on the Raptors. Also just saying.

What degree angle is considered upside-down? 91 degrees? 180 degrees? "Well if we make it a 90 degree wave turn them we can use lapbars but if we make it 91 degrees it needs over the shoulder restraints! Because TSSA said so!"

Sounds ridiculous to me...

25a813601c08dfc1ee2b19c753739229.jpg

Based on my limited research, Leviathan has an over bank at 115°... isn't that upside down? Or does it have to be exactly 180°?

One observation that doesn't seem to be mentioned yet. If we were to assume the ride height is 213ft, and Valravn's drop is 214ft, than with the tunnel included this dive machine will likely have the record for the biggest drop of all dive coasters. So, it breaks the record of the largest drop (which is the primary element of a dive coaster) while not technically breaking the record for the tallest dive coaster. As such Valravn can keep it's record, which seems to be one of Cedar Point's focus' while delivering potentially the best drop on a dive yet. I for one am ok with that, but a giga would have been swell.

edit: Sorry just noticed Stealth mentioned this a few pages back. I think the 213ft makes the most sense by far. I don't think CW was using that height in their announcement tease to trick anybody.

You guys think that cedar fair has a lot more say in new additions than the actual park. Really it's the opposite. Secondly Canada's Wonderland actually has one if the best atmospheres when it comes to looks. Thirdly, Canada's wonderland Is actually the most important park for cedar fair behind cp.

I don't care much about height since records are really only good for marketing. I can guarantee it's easily possible to make a ride much better than valvrayn that's smaller.