TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'm loving the colour of this coaster.

Pretty much the opposite reaction to what I had (which looked a lot like this: )! Seriously, Cedar Fair's love of all coasters red, orange, and yellow, has gotten SO stale, at least to me! Thank goodness for the Leviathan's and GateKeepers of the world to keep me from thinking they've completely lost all sense of variety!

HOWEVER (before anybody smarts off about the color of the coaster having nothing to do with the ride experience), I don't care what the color is, because this looks like it's going to be EPIC, and I can't wait to finally get back to Canada, and this great park, next year!

^ I agree 100%. I think this track color is ugly and the reds/browns/oranges are getting played out. Between the ho-hum colors of Rougarou, Valravn, and the red/brown they chose for the iBox on Steel Veng and Twisted Timbers, even the orange of Railblazer (eh) I gotta say I tend to prefer Six Flags bright ass blues, purples, yellows and greens any day. Fight me.

(I will say I love Hangtimes paint scheme and lighting package)

I'm loving the colour of this coaster.

Pretty much the opposite reaction to what I had (which looked a lot like this: )! Seriously, Cedar Fair's love of all coasters red, orange, and yellow, has gotten SO stale, at least to me! Thank goodness for the Leviathan's and GateKeepers of the world to keep me from thinking they've completely lost all sense of variety!

HOWEVER (before anybody smarts off about the color of the coaster having nothing to do with the ride experience), I don't care what the color is, because this looks like it's going to be EPIC, and I can't wait to finally get back to Canada, and this great park, next year!

Enjoy coming to Canada for cheap as we Canadians cannot afford to come to US parks right now. It costs us $1.40 for one of your US bucks. Crazy! Canadian visits to American parks must be WAY down right now.

^ I agree 100%. I think this track color is ugly and the reds/browns/oranges are getting played out. Between the ho-hum colors of Rougarou, Valravn, and the red/brown they chose for the iBox on Steel Veng and Twisted Timbers, even the orange of Railblazer (eh) I gotta say I tend to prefer Six Flags bright A$$ blues, purples, yellows and greens any day. Fight me.

All of this! You'll get no fight out of me there, regarding SF being better in at least this one area!

And yes, I almost included Hangtime with my post, alongside Leviathan and GK, and I should have added the beautiful Fury as well! But Valravn's theme was just DYING to be that rare (nay, nonexistent in CF) Purple/Black color combo. and why they went with something so close to Rougarou's color, so close to Rougarou, I'll never understand. At least in this case, CW doesn't have any coasters close to that color already, and it'll make more sense there.

Just think of the comments we would be having if it was pink or yellow. While we are talking coaster colours, how many of you agree with me that Vortex will need to be re-coloured to fit in with the "Canadian" theme. If it was to be re-named Polar Vortex, which a lot of the GP already calls it, then I think a cool ice blue would fit nicely.

Just think of the comments we would be having if it was pink or yellow. While we are talking coaster colours, how many of you agree with me that Vortex will need to be re-coloured to fit in with the "Canadian" theme. If it was to be re-named Polar Vortex, which a lot of the GP already calls it, then I think a cool ice blue would fit nicely.

Of all the times I have visited Canada's Wonderland in my life (I go often throughout the season), I have never heard anyone call Vortex "Polar Vortex". I personally do not think an icy blue paint scheme would work on Vortex as the red and grey works well and painting it icy blue would only make it stand out like a "sore thumb". But, they did re-paint the trains this year to look like mine cars, so I suppose you could say it now holds a "Canadian" theme.

It is only this year that you hear people in line calling it Polar Vortex, and I am saying that if the new coaster was painted red, it would not fit in the new theme, so why leave Vortex red?

How can you say it doesn't fit the new theme if we don't know what the new theme is (or, even if it's getting one).

Personally, if it is getting a new name/theme, I'm still betting on the Chilkoot Trail Aerial Tramway theme.

How about a Porter airlines theme where you get a free Coke and pretzels with each ride? Throw some prop propellers on the sides of the cars and boom. Brilliant.

Haven't flown Porter in awhile but I remember the free alcohol and sandwiches. I'll go for the Porter theme then.

Of all the times I have visited Canada's Wonderland in my life (I go often throughout the season), I have never heard anyone call Vortex "Polar Vortex".

Same. It would be extremely odd and random for the GP to out of nowhere casually lengthen the name of a 27 year old ride.

^ I agree 100%. I think this track color is ugly and the reds/browns/oranges are getting played out. Between the ho-hum colors of Rougarou, Valravn, and the red/brown they chose for the iBox on Steel Veng and Twisted Timbers, even the orange of Railblazer (eh) I gotta say I tend to prefer Six Flags bright A$$ blues, purples, yellows and greens any day. Fight me.

Clearly CF gets a discount in buying bulk paint barrel colors that no other parks want. Why take the show floor royal blue when you can get a bargain on all of the bro'orange in the back room that UPS ordered and didn't want after they decided not to change the colors of their delivery trucks? It's basic economics and I happen to be a TPR expert in this subject since I know a guy who majored in Business.

That would be a great idea, seeing that all the people who can afford Porter are just rushing in to see the new Porter roller coaster, and the GP thinking we named our coaster after a hotel worker, and then painted the coaster brown just for fun.