TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Blueprints found of this very unique dive coaster. It's footprint is insane.

Gave it 4 minutes . . . I'm sorry but I guess I like to get straight to the point. I fully understand these videos aren't being made solely for me but . . . Wake me when some solid info comes out and not the "I wanna spoil it but I don't wanna spoil it" back and forth.

Anyone bashing CedarFair1's YouTube videos just don't realize they're in a loud minority.

Sure if you don't like his stuff, you can simply not watch it.

I however have been following his videos since the wintertime and no one else goes to the lengths that he has with interviews, drones, everyday park appearances and willing to learn knew terms and practices to envision the new coaster.

THIS KIND OF THING DOESN'T USUALLY HAPPEN.

Every video he is getting more information and it's piecing everything together. Sure you can watch Coaster Studios, TPR, Coaster Bot or a thousand other type of channels, but none of them dive this deep into details. He is even expanding to other Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds and Cedar Point and bringing a following with him.

A half a year ago when he started the channel he was rocking like 130 people or w/e... now he is almost at 5,000 subscribers with well over a quarter million views. Clearly someone is enjoying this info.

He has put countless hours and his own money into doing this. Is it perfect? F?ck no.... but is he getting better at creating videos and discussions then back in March? Leaps and bounds... absolutely.

If you're too lazy to click on a play button and actually see moving pictures and a voice that helps you understand what you are seeing then I don't know why you are on a chat forum to begin with.... there's way too much clicking involved in the first place!

Haha chill out people. He is the main reason you're even on CW's sub forum this often anyways.

If you're too lazy to click on a play button and actually see moving pictures and a voice that helps you understand what you are seeing then I don't know why you are on a chat forum to begin with.... there's way too much clicking involved in the first place!

Haha chill out people. He is the main reason you're even on CW's sub forum this often anyways.

Ok you can Calmdown and take it down a notch. If you read correctly I did click the "play button" and after 4 minutes of hyping up and going back and forth about "should I spoil it or should I not" I gave up. It's not about the length. I joyfully sat through a long video the other day that captivated my attention and it was the same concept.

I'm on a DISCUSSION thread to discuss things. Are you serious lol . . . he is NOT even a reason i'm viewing the CW thread. Don't think so highly of that. I enjoy the content that pretty much all contribute. If I was coming solely for what he post then I would just go to youtube as he only post links to it here. You're right WE do need to chill out. I'm giving my opinion. I cannot apologize if you don't care for it.

And I will not go back and forth with you (or anyone) as that is not what the site is design for. I welcome constructive, healthy discussion but yeah . . . not gonna do it.

1. I didn't mention anyone in particular...

2. Look at this thread from last year and it was moving at a snails pace.... so this development is moving the thread a lot more while very few people are actually providing development content

3.if you didn't realise, I was discussing things as well. I am not trying to stop people from having an opinion but when it comes down to 3 or 4 other people (not you) ganging up on a poster.... then yeah I'm going to speak out.

Understood. Thanks for clarity. . .

2. Look at this thread from last year and it was moving at a snails pace.... so this development is moving the thread a lot more while very few people are actually providing development content

Because last year they were adding 2 small-medium flat rides and this year they're starting construction early on what could be a huge coaster.

Equal updates or not, one of those things will bring more traffic and discussion to a thread than the other.

As for me, I usually only come to this site during breaks at work and either have YouTube blocked or don't want to load 10+ min videos on my phone. Pictures of highlights from the videos would be a nice teaser to the video and might drive more people to watch.

I'm honestly just interested in the statistics here, no agenda.

Between Jan 2017 and June 2017 there were 40 pages of responses to this thread, so with 10 posts per page that's about 400 posts in this thread between January 2017 and June 2017.

Between Jan 2018 and now there have been 56 pages of responses, and once again at 10 response per page that's about 560 posts in this thread.

So that's a 40% increase in activity in this thread compared to the same time period last year. Back to your regularly scheduled Canadas Wonderland wankfest.

I feel like I should say "Ziz" before I depart.

Actually it does. CAD means Computer Assisted/Aided Design. Anything that uses a computer to assist is CAD.

Now professional CAD used by developers and architects - no. Helpful CAD no. But CAD technically yes.

Technically you're correct, but heavily splitting hairs. In Engineering CAD refers to Computer Aided Drafting, software that draws up objects in 2-and 3D. Other packages that do other design aspects (CFD, FEA, Numerical Methods, Gas Dynamics) are not referred to as CAD, rather by what portion of design work they actually do. PATTYCAKES has a more correct argument in this context, in my time working in Engineering CAD has always specifically referred to drafting software.

Thank you, Ih8rollercoasters, and by the way, until 2011, I hated roller coasters too. I could help you LOVE roller coasters if you are ever interested. Just let me know, I will help you get on some coasters.

I'm all for watching videos on youtube. I've appreciated all the Canada's Wonderland hype out there. But I've been on this site long enough to know, if you post videos like that here on TPR, that can get you banned. I wouldn't risk it. But yeah, keep the vids coming on youtube. I've enjoyed them thus far. Thanks!

CedarFair1, you have duplicated protected material! If you don't know what that means, you should read up on duplicating copyrighted documents. You can't take pictures of blueprints dude. Your 5000 viewers will have to pool together to get you out of jail.

CedarFair1, you have duplicated protected material! If you don't know what that means, you should read up on duplicating copyrighted documents. You can't take pictures of blueprints dude. Your 5000 viewers will have to pool together to get you out of jail.

If that is even true, copyrighted material is allowed on YouTube and to be used if you're reacting to it and reviewing it. It states it right in the fairuse terms.

Wow, they're not being quiet about his at all! Pretty excited to see what it turns out to be. Toronto is an incredible city, it's great that CW is getting lots of coaster love! Hope to be there next year but it will be hard to pry myself from the city limits.

Sorry dude, I just don't understand why you would want to be a 'spoiler'.

I don't get the incentive.

If you think you saw blueprints, why not just keep that information to yourself and

wait for the park's official announcement like everyone else?

You could have 'predicted' what you saw in the blueprints without actually showing them, and you could

have been called a genius.

As for you saying, 'I don't want to show you everything', that's too late dude, you just showed

the entire inernet the official blueprints of what you think is a world

record coaster. I just don't understand the need to show this information before Canada's Wonderland does.

Kind of a bummer and let down now. The official announcement is now going to sound like your unofficial announcement dude.

...I just don't understand why you would want to be a 'spoiler'. I don't get the incentive. If you think you saw blueprints, why not just keep that information to yourself and wait for the park's official announcement like everyone else?...

...Kind of a bummer and let down now. The official announcement is now going to sound like your unofficial announcement dude.

Are you seriously on TPR out of all places expecting to be free of seeing any information relating to new coasters before official announcements? There are countless people on this forum who spend so much of their time speculating, theorizing and trying to figure out details on the new rides and spilling whatever beans they have.

And in any case, people can read (or listen to) the info or not it's not forced upon them because it's in a separate video that doesn't play automatically. Some people are just curious and like knowing about this stuff early because it brings them satisfaction, excitement whatever it's their own thing but you don't have to click on a (judging by title) clearly spoilery video.

...I just don't understand why you would want to be a 'spoiler'. I don't get the incentive. If you think you saw blueprints, why not just keep that information to yourself and wait for the park's official announcement like everyone else?...

...Kind of a bummer and let down now. The official announcement is now going to sound like your unofficial announcement dude.

Are you seriously on TPR out of all places expecting to be free of seeing any information relating to new coasters before official announcements? There are countless people on this forum who spend so much of their time speculating, theorizing and trying to figure out details on the new rides and spilling whatever beans they have.

And in any case, people can read (or listen to) the info or not it's not forced upon them because it's in a separate video that doesn't play automatically. Some people are just curious and like knowing about this stuff early because it brings them satisfaction, excitement whatever it's their own thing but you don't have to click on a (judging by title) clearly spoilery video.

I don't have a problem with speculating, theorizing or trying to figure out.

There is nothing on the original video link that says "warning spoiler alert' nor in the actual video.

One more thing for CedarFair1, if you can show me a written statement from the park stating that they are okay with you posting copyrighted blueprints on the internet, then I will agree to not bother you anymore . . .deal?

There is nothing on the original video link that says "warning spoiler alert' nor in the actual video.

I don't think any reasonable person would click on a video titled "Canada's Wonderland World Record Coaster Leak" with the caption "Blueprints found," and not expect spoilers of any kind.

One more thing for CedarFair1, if you can show me a written statement from the park stating that they are okay with you posting copyrighted blueprints on the internet, then I will agree to not bother you anymore . . .deal?

The correspondence between CedarFair1 and Canada's Wonderland is the business of CedarFair1 and Canada's Wonderland. If they have come to an agreement on what can and cannot be shared online then that's their business, not ours. I can guarantee that if there was information provided in the YouTube videos that the park did not want there, then the park would do something about it. Asking for written proof from this guy in exchange for "not bothering him" is just immature bullying... What's next, are you going to ask him for his birth certificate too?

Ron Burgundy

"That Escalated Quickly"

There is only one person who escalated it.

Someone I wasn't even talking to just called me a bully.

If that person actually knew who I was, he wouldn't have said that.

Anyways, back to the thread. Man I LOVE Canada's Wonderland!

1. Yay I figured out technology lol

2. track arrived.

That was a good video man. Straight to the point and not much "downtime" throughout the video. One thing you may not notice is you say "umm" a lot. Sometimes when talking you actually have to listen to yourself at the same time and be aware of what you're saying. But yes, much better and I didn't realize the video was over as it didn't feel like I was watching the clock but just gathering all the information.

1. Yay I figured out technology lol

2. track arrived.

That was a good video man. Straight to the point and not much "downtime" throughout the video. One thing you may not notice is you say "umm" a lot. Sometimes when talking you actually have to listen to yourself at the same time and be aware of what you're saying. But yes, much better and I didn't realize the video was over as it didn't feel like I was watching the clock but just gathering all the information.

Thank you, it's funny cause YouTube has made me realize how much I say um. I use um in such a weird way too lol. Yeah I'm working on shortening content to make it a quick fix for people. I really appreciate your advice!