TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So, now that people have been in the park does the tunnel look wide enough for a dive coaster?

Like 3 posts above you man.

The tunnel goes through the middle of vortex’s lower helix and comes out between skyhawk and windseeker on the shore by the lake. Judging by the width i think it is safe to say it is not meant for 12 abreast trains. it looks to be 10 or 12 feet wide. Need to check with dippin dots guy for more clues…

So, now that people have been in the park does the tunnel look wide enough for a dive coaster?

Like 3 posts above you man.

The tunnel goes through the middle of vortex’s lower helix and comes out between skyhawk and windseeker on the shore by the lake. Judging by the width i think it is safe to say it is not meant for 12 abreast trains. it looks to be 10 or 12 feet wide. Need to check with dippin dots guy for more clues…

Well, to be fair, no dive coasters sit 12 across...

So now it seems like it won't be a dive coaster. The tunnel is too narrow and the track is shaped differently.

Just to add fuel to the fire...

It could be a Gerstlauer "dive" coaster like Hangtime...

^Am I the only one who actually enjoys standup coasters and think it's a cool concept?

Well it is replacing Skyrider - CW's much loved stand-up TOGO. So it would be fitting.

But not going to happen.

The tunnel escape looks amazing in person - pretty convinced it is a dive having seen it up-close.

Few questions about the park in comparison to others I've visited:

- The Sky Roller: Is it easier to get flips on it than the one at Nick Universe? I couldn't get any flips on that one.

- Flight Deck: Is it worse than Mind Eraser SFA?

- The Bat: Does it still have the old trains? Flying Cobras was tolerable because it had the new trains.

- Pizza Pizza: Being an actual chain, is it better than Cedar Fair's regular pizza?

I don't know the answer to most of your questions, bit I'll answer what I can.

The Bat runs with an Arrow train rather than a Vekoma train. I've never found it to be very rough, but I'm not a huge fan of boomerangs anyway.

The Pizza Pizza on International St altends to have huge lines, but the pizza is quite decent because it's always fresh - they can't seem to prepare it fast enough to cope with the lines. The other Pizza Pizza locations in the park aren't generally as busy, but I've never had pizza from any of them that was bad. I've never been wowed, but that's my general feeling towards Pizza Pizza anyway.

I know Google Maps probably isn't the most accurate source, but those supports are 12 ft apart. One is in the middle of the concrete, and one is on each side. That tunnel would be 20ft wide in that case.

Few questions about the park in comparison to others I've visited:

- Flight Deck: Is it worse than Mind Eraser SFA?

Flight Deck was the very worst SLC I've been on. It beat the hell out of me, never again. I was a rare "casual fan" of SLCs, as I've had a few enjoyable spins on some of the others in past years. Even the Volare/Time Warp next door ... I took for 2 spins to give it a fair shake, but Flight Deck was one and done. A notch in the "credit count."

- The Bat: Does it still have the old trains? Flying Cobras was tolerable because it had the new trains.

I believe Bat still has the Arrow (as someone else mentioned) train that (I think) was originally on Dragon Fire. The last time I rode Bat a couple years ago, it was actually a lot of fun! Very smooth for a boomerang. The coolest thing about Bat is the train undercarriage is completely painted red. Oh yeah, geek out... but what a nice detail. Related - Dragon Fire is not enjoyable to me; way too bangy.

- Pizza Pizza: Being an actual chain, is it better than Cedar Fair's regular pizza?

The last time I had Pizza Pizza was on the interstate getting ready to cross from Canada into Detroit. I had some sort of chicken BBQ slice. It was a huge mess, stacked up high. It was one of the best slices of pizza I have ever had, and I was raised in Chicago. Maybe it was a just a chance, a one-off... but it was damn good.

One thing I remember about CW is the long lines for food; they really could use some big-capacity dining halls (hi Holiday World, xoxoxo). The place gets PACKED, but still a class act and wonderful park.

I really hate Pizza Pizza and wish it would go the way of McDonalds and New York Fries.

With them bringing up their own beers as well as more authentic cultural fair, I feel like they could have an artesinal pizza maker and have a lot more detail in the buildings/style of pizza then this current company that tastes slightly above a cardboard box with tomato sauce on it.