TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Tunnel is about 75% complete and waiting on the roof to be installed. Two track pieces have been installed in the tunnel and more will be installed on Monday or Tuesday. Lumberjack is mostly done and just waiting on the ride to arrive from the looks of things and same with Flying Canoes. There appears to be a new building in White Water Canyon area for what could be a merchandise shop or small resturaunt.

Also uploaded Behemoth footage from our Drone.

Close up shot of the track, and great shot of the tunnel being completed. 4/5 pieces installed witht he final piece going in tomorrow morning. Action theatres entrance has been moved to accomodate Flying Canoes Que-line and a new poutine place is across from Flying Canoes south side. Vortex will remain Vortex but just got a nice little make-over. Splash Works has Lakeside Lagoon and will feature new slides and we will keep an eye on a possible closure of the south path from Minebuster to Splashworks being closed all of this season as the station for this coaster is built on that pathway.

Check out Amusement Insiders on Instagram as well for zoomed in shots!

Is it just me but I really cant see anything in those videos?

^I'm so glad I'm not the only one. The only thing I can see is land clearing. I can't see any coaster track. I'm also not familiar with Canada's Wonderland what so ever. I'm checking these updates because I'm probably visiting the park next year.

Is it just me but I really cant see anything in those videos?

^I'm so glad I'm not the only one. The only thing I can see is land clearing. I can't see any coaster track. I'm also not familiar with Canada's Wonderland what so ever. I'm checking these updates because I'm probably visiting the park next year.

You can see the end of the track sticking out in the helix of Vortex, but that's about it. Everything else is assumption or stuff that we're not being told that cedarfair1 has seen that we haven't.

I keep checking them because I hope I will eventually notice something, but so far I haven't been able to make a single change. I at least respect that the drone operator is staying outside the perimeter of the site and not trying to get any closer.

I suppose since these videos are in 4K and I have a 4K monitor I could grab a frame and enlarge it to a healthy size.

You're talking about this?

1744257895_Screenshot_20180410-1858412.thumb.png.357c5feb87003685b9d0b06cd750ca28.png

I appreciate your efforts, but this is more convoluted than the video(s). Looking forward to what you can get when you can get closer as I see you are passionate about this project. . .

You're talking about this?

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20180410-185841~2.png[/attachment]

I appreciate your efforts, but this is more convoluted than the video(s). Looking forward to what you can get when you can get closer as I see you are passionate about this project. . .

I'm going to be honesrt here, you just went on and grabbed our worst photo of the tunnel yet. There's plenty of clear photos on there. Also the videos are shot in 4k/ 1080 and the track was sitting next to minebusters structure and is impossible to miss, literally impossible to miss. Third, no one would even know whats happening/ going on and that it's B & M without the drone videos. The videos generate a ton of views and likes and I'm going to continue them for people whom appreciate them.

Honestly, even at 4K that track would be very tough to see sticking out of that tunnel under normal circumstances. Even in one of your "cleaner" frame captures I had to look very hard to finally see it. It doesn't help that the track color blends in either.

You can defend your material all you'd like, but there's no denying that this particular stage of the construction is hopelessly boring.

Honestly, even at 4K that track would be very tough to see sticking out of that tunnel under normal circumstances. Even in one of your "cleaner" frame captures I had to look very hard to finally see it. It doesn't help that the track color blends in either.

You can defend your material all you'd like, but there's no denying that this particular stage of the construction is hopelessly boring.

It's no worse then construction cams, which we don't have

To be honest, the reason I didn't do it is because 4K streamed is not the same as 4K raw. For best results, I'd need the raw, uncompressed 4K footage.

Thank you CedarFair1 for doing that for us. I for one still appreciate your efforts, regardless of how much I can see, because it shows determination. And frankly I would have no idea about this project or there would be no validity of it until the park opens if it weren't for your footage. Please, continue.

EDIT: Just checked your Instagram. Indeed, Jarmor cherry-picked that image. Every other one is pretty clear. I can finally see the tunnel for the first time.

Here's the photo quality and video quality from our videos. I don't mean to get defensive of my material that I spend a lot of time and effort to do but this is great quality and you can see lot's that you normally wouldn't even have a chance to see.

By all means don't get offended. I grabbed the very latest picture posted. I did not skim the entire collection as I felt the most recent would be first. NO one is discounting what you put into this, I even knowledged I see how passionate you are. As A.J. said, right now things are kinda boring . . .

Edited by jarmor

To be honest, the reason I didn't do it is because 4K streamed is not the same as 4K raw. For best results, I'd need the raw, uncompressed 4K footage.

Thank you CedarFair1 for doing that for us. I for one still appreciate your efforts, regardless of how much I can see, because it shows determination. And frankly I would have no idea about this project or there would be no validity of it until the park opens if it weren't for your footage. Please, continue.

EDIT: Just checked your Instagram. Indeed, Jarmor cherry-picked that image. Every other one is pretty clear. I can finally see the tunnel for the first time.

Thank you so much

With RMC being in the chain now I wouldn't be surprised if we get either of our woodies RMC'd next. We are a top tier park and I can see us getting one within 4 or 5 years.

3 B&M's is good for us now, we should see what other companies have to offer whether it be RMC, Gerslauer, Mack or even Vekoma.