TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Its a terrible coaster for an rmc, its just a basic out and back. I already tried making an rmc version of it in rct, and I could find no way to make it special. Id say its best to destroy it and use its wood for a new rmc rather than rmc it.

Its a terrible coaster for an rmc, its just a basic out and back. I already tried making an rmc version of it in rct, and I could find no way to make it special.

If I had a dollar for every time people have said this about a coaster that ended up getting Iron Horsed and been wrong...

I found Wild Beast to be far less terrible personally but I guess it's a matter of opinion. I still think the first thing this park should do is remove the SLC and the Volare and use that spot for a ride that doesn't suck.

I found Wild Beast to be far less terrible personally but I guess it's a matter of opinion. I still think the first thing this park should do is remove the SLC and the Volare and use that spot for a ride that doesn't suck.

Or how about the empty pad they made for Skyrider three years back. Yes the clones aren't great but they help with capacity.

Or how about the empty pad they made for Skyrider three years back.

Honestly because of it's location I always just assumed that would end up being a water park expansion.

Minebuster sucks something fierce. I'd love to see that pile of crap get the RMC treatment.

I do not know when you had rode Mighty Canadian Minebuster but, I truly enjoy it. It has been slightly uncomfortable over the past few years but, the re-tracking of the helix over this past off-season has definitely made Mighty Canadian Minebuster significantly enjoyable. I believe that if the park re-tracks more of Mighty Canadian Minebuster like they had done with Wild Beast during the past few off-seasons, it can become an amazing wooden roller coaster again. I have confidence that Canada's Wonderland can do this successfully.

Honestly because of it's location I always just assumed that would end up being a water park expansion.

And wasn't that the original plan? To replace Skyrider with an eventual waterpark expansion? And I'd love to see what RMC could do with Minebuster--especially with how it interacts with the waterpark.

And wasn't that the original plan? To replace Skyrider with an eventual waterpark expansion? And I'd love to see what RMC could do with Minebuster--especially with how it interacts with the waterpark.

Such a plan was never officially announced for Splash Works. I believe it was only ever such a heavily speculated idea. But, if SkyRider's former pot of land were to be used for a Splash Works expansion, it would mean that the entrance would have to be completely reconstructed, unless they add an overhead (or underground) path to deter people from entering when it's closed.

They could just cut the path by the rapids ride and make the entrance near Minebuster if they wanted. Personally I think that makes more sense anyway. They could also leave it exactly how it is and just put a gate up on both sides, giving the water park a back entrance. There's nothing along the path anyway.

^Look no further than Twisted Colossus. There are a couple turns on that ride, but the majority of its layout is linear.

But its nothing compared to Minebuster. Show me an rmc that was made with a layout like Minebuster.

^Look no further than Twisted Colossus. There are a couple turns on that ride, but the majority of its layout is linear.

But its nothing compared to Minebuster. Show me an rmc that was made with a layout like Minebuster.

Dude, there's literally 9 IBox RMCs in existence, there's obviously not a Mine Buster clone. But TC and Hurler have a ton of straight sections that people like you were skeptical of too... Don't doubt RMC's ability to make a kick-ass layout from any source material

They could just cut the path by the rapids ride and make the entrance near Minebuster if they wanted. Personally I think that makes more sense anyway. They could also leave it exactly how it is and just put a gate up on both sides, giving the water park a back entrance. There's nothing along the path anyway.

I think leaving the current path the way it is would be the best option as the path leading from White Water Canyon along side Splash Works, to Action Zone was constructed by Paramount in 1994 to increase and improve the overall flow and accessibility of the park and Splash Works, which opened in 1992. The area will be busy again all season long once a new attraction is built where SkyRider once operated. Ever since the removal of SkyRider in late 2014, that path has been quite dead when Splash Works isn't open.

OMG! Minebuster is never going to be rmc'd . . .give it a rest guys . . . it's simply not tall enough. You need a certain amount of speed to get through special elements.

Hurler - 83ft (RMC'd)

Twisted Twins - 80ft (RMC'd)

Minebuster - 90ft

...It's quite easy for RMC to add height onto any coaster. To say this coaster can't be RMC'd for layout reasons (height, design, etc) is simply ignorant. Just look at the varying layouts RMC can redesign.

OMG! Minebuster is never going to be rmc'd . . .give it a rest guys . . . it's simply not tall enough. You need a certain amount of speed to get through special elements.

You couldn't be more wrong

'In my opinion', once a wooden coaster is rmc'd . . .it can no longer be classified as a wooden coaster because of the steel elements. It will only be in the 'rmc'd' classification. So Wonderland would only have 2 wooden coasters and 1 rmc'd coaster, and 'in my opinion' that's just not going to happen. They don't need to modify Minebuster or Beast. They are still GREAT wooden coasters and they should stay classified as wooden coasters . . . 'in my opinion'.

^Plus there getting slowly re-tracked.

Yes, CW would definitely not retrack some of the ride if they are RMCing it next year. But on the other hand, they really only retracked a bit of the ride. I don't know normally how long it takes to do a whole retrack, but I wonder why they only chose to retrack a bit of the ride.

^Plus there getting slowly re-tracked.

Yes, CW would definitely not retrack some of the ride if they are RMCing it next year. But on the other hand, they really only retracked a bit of the ride. I don't know normally how long it takes to do a whole retrack, but I wonder why they only chose to retrack a bit of the ride.

Retracking a coaster doesn't mean it won't be RMC'd or even torn down. Look at Thunder Road at Carowinds which had the first half of the ride retracked just a couple years before they tore it down, or Iron Rattler, which recieved a little bit of Topper track just a year before it closed. I am doubtful that they will RMC either coaster in the near future, but this option cannot be ruled out simply because they are re-tracking the ride.

They don't need to modify Minebuster or Beast. They are still GREAT wooden coasters and they should stay classified as wooden coasters . . . 'in my opinion'.

I had the pleasure of riding Mystic Timbers, The Beast, and The Racer at Kings Island this past weekend, and none of the woodies at CW even come close to these.

Even without comparing, I would never have considered Wild Beast or Minebuster great. They are okay. Sometimes they give good rides, sometimes they beat the living crap out of you, not in a good way.

The classification of a coaster as wooden is less important than the ride it gives.