TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ If you want to get him to love inverting coasters, get him on Rage at Adventure Island before your visit if you have time. It is the perfect coaster to get people over their fear of inversions.

Hi and thanks. We live closer to Blackpool so I haven't had that pleasure yet. He just recoils from anything over 90 degrees in any direction - if he sees the U-bend on Behemoth the deal maybe off. He is getting braver and we rode the Big One a few weeks back, (preparation), and he forced himself on with the 'what is the worst that can happen' mantra, I'm not forcing anything though. I was the same at his age, absolutely no upside down. I wouldn't even ride if I couldn't see the whole track and had watched it go round to check for secret inversions. My dad finally persuaded me to ride the Corkscrew and I haven't looked back since.....

^ Corkscrew set me off on my coaster adventure too. I have not done Blackpool yet, but I doubt Infusion would be a good taster coaster for inversions. Not smooth.

Having seen that you live close to Blackpool....you probably get your shirt off in March and are down on the beach when the sun is out for 5 mins....I know they do in Aberdeen!!

Haha, yes I do then sit in the shade. There will be plenty of shade breaks.

I was surprised that Behemoth is only 15 feet taller and slightly slower than Big One, but looks a much better, smoother ride.

Thanks for the tips, we are staying in Toronto but not sure where yet so I will leave traffic negotiations to my bag carrying guide

It's a one off day so I need to ignore my northern tightness and just go all in.

^ Corkscrew set me off on my coaster adventure too. I have not done Blackpool yet, but I doubt Infusion would be a good taster coaster for inversions. Not smooth.

Nothing in Blackpool is smooth which is part of the reason I want him to try a decent hyper.

Infusion is fun but never smooth, even when they opened it in Southport. It's a decent layout though.

Have you ridden the Big Dipper in Blackpool. I'm wondering how CW woodies compare. My boy loves woodies, even the back breaking Grand National.

^ As I said, I have not been to Blackpool yet, I have a data in September to make a trip though. I only have one wooden credit, Balder. I need to stop talking about Backpool though on a Canadas Wonderland chat, or else I might get banned

On another more relevant to the topic note, does anyone actually have a good review of the new ride, or is is basically one big disappointment?

Been awhile since I've been on here, but Gumbo, I do not want to hear in your trip report that you went on Guardian. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go on Guardian if you are only going to Canada's Wonderland for one day. The screens are blurry, you might get a gun that doesn't work. I went once the first season, was not impressed, my BF and I got a lot of negative responses from our "negative" posts, however, look back at some of the other "negative" reviews of this ride and ask yourself, do I really want to stand in, usually a 30-60 min line for a ride like this. Also, when they first announced this ride they told us the scenes would change from time to time. This has never been the case, but please don't get me going again. Go to Florida and ride Transformers at Universal Orlando. That is what Guardian could have been like, or better still take an hour and a half trip to Niagara Falls while you are here and go to the Great Canadian Midway on Clifton Hill. They have a 4D theatre ride that was built by the same company that built Guardian, but it's sooooo much better than Guardian, and I have to include this . . . in my opinion.

You and your family, have fun in Canada, Gumbo.

Below are more photos and a video of Soaring Timbers as well as Muskoka Plunge which I had captured during my third visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland today! I had rode Soaring Timbers three times today and found it to be fun, but not thrilling or exciting. I believe it would be much better if the ride duration lasted a little bit longer. During my first ride of the day, the gondola I was in had dived upside down towards the ground, giving the ultimate experience. But, during my other two rides I had only experienced swinging and twisting. But, it's a great ride despite its tightness, short ride, and long loading times. I will be uploading photos of my visit to my blog, so if you're following along be sure to keep an eye out for them very soon!

Soaring Timbers:

972318093_SoaringTimbersatCanadasWonderland-May15th20171.thumb.png.d340a837bb6e40445e46041440084f24.png Here is Soaring Timbers before passengers had loaded.

1649142044_SoaringTimbersatCanadasWonderland-May15th20172.thumb.png.c115b1b53b131f18febddbeff9ec861b.png Passengers loading before they ride!

1531303681_SoaringTimbersatCanadasWonderland-May15th20173.thumb.png.96f5cb7231cbffd4cb56bb0ded83ae50.png Ready for take-off!

Off-Ride Video of Soaring Timbers:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Muskoka Plunge:

357933737_MuskokaPlungeatCanadasWonderland-May15th20171.thumb.png.5e8dbae53faf7553ceeb079d8fdc2e25.png Here is Muskoka Plunge under construction!

1256175181_MuskokaPlungeatCanadasWonderland-May15th20172.thumb.png.d712b91031d30144e4b5cbfff390465f.png Muskoka Plunge is located in Splash Works where Body Blast was previously located.

1143181812_MuskokaPlungeatCanadasWonderland-May15th20173.thumb.png.8929e05e945ca4286df96c08aa4ccca7.png A large slide piece being put in place!

During my last visit I noticed 3 new footers literally right beside the first drop of Minebuster. You can see them from Behemoth and some parts of Minebuster. Idk if they're to reenforce part of Minebuster's structure in the future but they're there and near all the moved dirt that's been there forever. Seems weird they'd keep the ride open while putting improvements on it, no?

Looks like Cedar Fair is really trying to use their "regional branding" strategy on this park to make it uniquely Canadian. That landscaping coupled with the new park logo that includes the Canada Maple Leaf look to be a great start!
They really are! I was in the park the other day walking behind some executives and overheard that this years Muskoka Plunge is gonna be the start of marketing the water park with more Canadian elements. One specific thing he said was anything using a surf board or waves in the Splash Works branding in the park would become kayaks or canoes. He also said that later this season they are going to be announcing that Canada's Wonderland's season would be extended by about 2 1/2 months (I'm not sure if this would apply to this current season or would be implemented for the 2018 season). He also went on to say how this will be a challenge since some rides do not operate well in colder temperatures, so it will be interesting to see whats done. While he was saying all this they were walking along splash works towards minebuster and they passed the former Skyrider plot. I was hoping he was going to say something about a replacement ride on the old skyrider plot but he said nothing.

If those footers weren't right next to Minebuster, I'd be excited. Still interested to see what their purpose is, and already anxious for announcements for next year regardless. The waiting game begins.

There's some weird work being done around Minebuster. There 4 new footers, a cement funnel, 2 bulldozers aside from the Muskoka Plunge ones, and some red/ orange markers in the grass.

18745226_10158606703805447_1060989748_o.thumb.jpg.c800ed942456bf5badf9ca1bdec8b9ba.jpg

Land activity

18765116_10158606703720447_1390533293_o.thumb.jpg.8f9c2b2791a03a575ad55726c8edfe77.jpg

orange markers, and a digger.

18766960_10158606704225447_745141095_o.thumb.jpg.7c9257ad7759975af407c450ee75af16.jpg

4 new footers, next to Minebuster

Minebuster would be a great candidate for an RMC remake...let's hope it happens.

It wont happen for sure, they already did some re-tracking this year. Just like on Wild Beast.

I would love to see Minebuster get the RMC treatment. As it is right now, I can't ride it. I barely fit in the cars (6'4"), and the lap bar sits right against my stomach. If I get jerked around just right, I'll get punched in the gut by the damn coaster. Not pleasant.

Wild Beast needs a hell of alot of love too, but at least I fit into those trains. And once in a while, it gives a decent ride.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up too soon here, but I feel like they have to eventually do something about/with both those coaters (not to mention Flight Death and Spine Warp).

Did Muskoka Plunge this weekend. Operations were insanely slow. Took 30 minutes when line was just 10 people. They were only running two slides. Did slow process where they weigh you individually and then do a safety spiel two at a time but only after last sliders were dropped. Making it at least 90 seconds between riders.

Been on drop slides before but never with operations so strict - nothing allowed even if held in hand. Lots of people turning around at the very top.

No roulette mode, standard drop countdown.

Ride itself was fine more a flat spiral than a loop. Going forward probably not worth the wait time.

I think version at Great Wolf Lodge Niagra was better and load times much quicker.